Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229562 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #180 on: 18 July 2018, 22:00:20 »
Sometimes families suck, they really do.  :(  Love her from a distance and remember when she says things like that which upset you, it's her problem not yours. 

Glad to hear your wife is so supportive and bet you look very snazzy in those.  Happy birthday BG.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #181 on: 18 July 2018, 22:38:08 »
Happy birthday, BG, and glad to see you back! :D
Don't give up hope and what gives you joy, you know best your way.
A friend told me once "Hearts break, so we can be free".  It should be true even for the jelly hearts :P

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: 19 July 2018, 00:17:32 »
Happy 55 birthday. You are oldest person that I've met in world of forums and gaming and I'm happy to hear that people enjoying their time in this way. In my country exist complex that something is not wrong with a person who is still in gaming after 25 or even after 20 years of life but I disagree with that. I wish you health and many more years with us  ^-^
All what I saw in life is that with years we are getting more experienced, but our brain remain young entire life. This year i was witness of ultimate example of this theory but that is another story. Happy birthday and share your cake with us so we can enjoy with you  :D

« Last Edit: 19 July 2018, 07:25:14 by MedeaFleecestealer »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #183 on: 19 July 2018, 01:46:08 »
I wish I could share my cake! My wife made my favorite dark chocolate with cherries mixed in and really thick creamy frosting, almost a chocolate ganache...but the thing is huge for us two old folks! I'm gonna get diabetes tonight! :D

I agree about keeping your mind young...there is a zen buddhist quote that goes something like: In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind are very few. I like that.

I keep gaming not because I am young or old, but because I am honest with myself. If you stop gaming because you aren't enjoying it anymore, that's okay. If you keep on gaming when your old because to NOT game would be lying to yourself and others....well, that's okay, too.

When someone only stops playing sports because their knee gets old and injured, I sometimes think that was the only thing that stopped them. Man, if I could play softball in the summertime again like when my breath wasn't so short, that would be heaven.

So today I went through the new mod and set up the numAttackSlots and numDefenseSlots again as my pets were milling around and that's what causes it to happen. The vanilla setting is 4, so if you have 5 pets, one pet can't attack as that number is what determines how many can surround an enemy. That means I have to include EVERY monster file in the game, even if that's the only change I make to the file. This is especially important on boss files!~

I updated the effect when Coredweller does his big fire shockwave and added an animation file based on his "Captain Kirk" two-fisted attack animation and updated the effect files so he shoots much bigger jets of fire from the vents on his shoulders complete with sound effects. Wicked!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gestalt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: 19 July 2018, 02:35:01 »
Happy to see you Bumble!! Happy birthday!!

We cannot be as supportive as your wife(can't prepare you a cake :( ), but we will try hard : ))).

I am really holding off ragnarok ( haven't bought) and tq as your mod is dead with ragnarok. If you say that you are in game, then I am also :).

And do the modding if you enjoy it, because LoC that I know of, has the quality of a mod whose creator showed so much love to it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: 19 July 2018, 07:17:39 »
Ah,good,your back!The forums werent the same without your presence,let alone the modding community.Im happy that you have a supportive wife wich can help you put an end to your depression.Now,I dont fully understand what you were trying to say,but if you were really harming and beating yourself,then its time to stop.If there is something on your mind,talk to your wife.Secrecy often leads to an even greater despair,trust me,I learned this the hard way.You should continue to love your mother,just...stop telling her about your hobbies.Its probably best that you moved to a different state,that way you whould be able to recover.Oh,and whatever you do,do not search for a psychologist,just dont.Psychologists nowadays are useless,incompetent,annoying and they often tend to have a  negative moral influence,if you understand what Im trying to say.Anyway,enjoy the cake!Happy birthday BG! :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: 19 July 2018, 07:25:29 »
Happy 55 birthday. You are oldest person that I've met in world of forums and gaming and I'm happy to hear that people enjoying their time in this way. In my country exist complex that something is not wrong with a person who is still in gaming after 25 or even after 20 years of life but I disagree with that. I wish you health and many more years with us  ^-^
All what I saw in life is that with years we are getting more experienced, but our brain remain young entire life. This year i was witness of ultimate example of this theory but that is another story. Happy birthday and share your cake with us so we can enjoy with you  :D

No, he's not.  I'm older and oldage is older than me.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: 19 July 2018, 10:37:10 »
i hope im not being late,

HAPPY .(late)..BIRTHDAY..Bumbleguppy!!!!

Hope you had a glorious yummy cake! :DD

you know we all are supporting you, every decision, move, toughts, everyhting you can think of ! we are a happy big familly :)!

good to see you around here!!

P.s : still playing your masterpiece! its kept me with joy every season!
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: 19 July 2018, 19:31:48 »
Good sir, I've never got to know you in person (I mean in the internet) nor I had any conversation with you.. but I sincerely appreciate your efforts in this modding community.. even though I have never had a chance to play this game with your mod, I can easily see it was one of the "cornerstone" type mods according to most of the players..

About your issues related with your family, I believe it is not my place to offer any advice here, since you are definitely much more experienced in life compared to myself already.. I only want to emphasize this point cause I wholeheartedly agree with it;

Oh,and whatever you do,do not search for a psychologist,just dont.Psychologists nowadays are useless,incompetent,annoying and they often tend to have a  negative moral influence,if you understand what Im trying to say.

Happy birthday :)
« Last Edit: 19 July 2018, 19:45:14 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: 19 July 2018, 21:26:27 »
Yeah, I saw a therapist for a while back in the  90's.

One day I realized that the sessions tended to get close to something useful right as the time was up. Like they were doing cliffhangers for the next time. Intentionally. I realized then it was a paying gig for them and they crafted the sessions to keep me coming back.

That and the drugs they had prescribed left me in a worse state than before. Paxil left me completely conscienceless, like a robot...or a psychopath. And it permanently ruined my manly private plumbing, painful even today after nearly 20 years (a common side effect we didn't discuss beforehand, of course). And Zoloft created sensory overload that left me crawling under a bed just to get out of the light and sound...a good sign it isn't doing what they say it does.

Haven't been back since.

Today I was testing the Ice Skeletons in teh Ice cavern in the Orient, and I noticed my game would peg the CPU because of monster/pet pathing to target when blocked....I really hate that about this game. I wish the script could just say "Well, I can't hit them, so I'll just DO SOMETHING ELSE BESIDES PEG THE CPU TRYING TO GET THROUGH A WALL." Oh well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: 19 July 2018, 21:41:35 »
it will be everything ok  :)

pathing is something that game isnt proud of  :o, sometimes it makes no sence
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: 19 July 2018, 21:59:19 »
That and the drugs they had prescribed left me in a worse state than before. Paxil left me completely conscienceless, like a robot...or a psychopath. And it permanently ruined my manly private plumbing, painful even today after nearly 20 years (a common side effect we didn't discuss beforehand, of course). And Zoloft created sensory overload that left me crawling under a bed just to get out of the light and sound...a good sign it isn't doing what they say it does.

Yes, drugs can really get you acting as a numb, senseless robot... and they call it "treatment". In the same time they are perfecly aware it's not a cure, it will never even touch the real reason for your condition, only the symptoms. I think the main reason is most of our inner problems are spiritual, but modern science denies the existence of anything close to a human spirit... Psychiatry included.
I dont entirelly agree with what mvlad said - there should be some psychologists (NOT psychiatrists) who are devoted to their patients and can help. I've never seen one personaly tho.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: 19 July 2018, 22:06:08 »
Oh, hi nargil66. I went through your entire imgur gallery this morning, the one linked in your signature.

I have to say I was sincerely impressed with not just your technical progress, but your creative vision. It's nice to see such industry and creativity with TQ! Thanks for linking it all.

I'm still stubborn about the version of CaravanXL I have. I wanted that one extra row I removed the sort feature from the shared stash. Tough luck if no one likes it! :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: 19 July 2018, 22:21:19 »
Thanks BG.  :)  If only I was faster...
About Caravan XL - try the bigger bags ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: 20 July 2018, 09:39:25 »

Yes, drugs can really get you acting as a numb, senseless robot... and they call it "treatment". In the same time they are perfecly aware it's not a cure, it will never even touch the real reason for your condition, only the symptoms. I think the main reason is most of our inner problems are spiritual, but modern science denies the existence of anything close to a human spirit... Psychiatry included.
I dont entirelly agree with what mvlad said - there should be some psychologists (NOT psychiatrists) who are devoted to their patients and can help. I've never seen one personaly tho.
Okay,I dont want to continue this discussion any longer,since I dont want the thread going too off-topic,so,Im sorry about this guys.Im just going to say one more message:If you want to know why I said "no psychologists",then you answered your own question,Nargil.Your right about what you said on the human spirit.Modern science is not only highly materialistic,but also naturalistic as well.I think you can understand what Im talking about(*cough*cough*evolution theory).By denying the existence of a higher power or a spiritual plane,moral right or wrong(objective morality) are dismissed as being "irrational".The same goes for feelings.They believe that feelings are nothing more than chemical reactions within our brains,thus they can be done away with,by using methods that are normally used on biological diseases.Depression,anxiety,insecurity,seclusion,suicidal thoughts(just examples are not caused by any biological anomaly,virus,microbe,germ or anything like that.Its a spiritual cause.Thats all I wanted to say.People often see this as "controversial"and prefer to ignore the issue.I apologize again if I caused any discomfort.I know this was extremely off-topic,but I needed to say it.I like to talk about things like these,regarding philosopy.Good luck on modding, BG and Nargil!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal