Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 133989 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #165 on: 12 December 2018, 02:18:12 »
I think it's in the armor female mesh of the helmets.

In the medusa helmet for example, under "ArmorParameters" there is an entry for armorFemaleMesh --> Items\EquipmentHelm\Default\MedusaCircletFemale01.msh

If you look at the mesh shaders entries, you can see how the texture for the helmet ponytail is baked into the mesh:

So you would need to override Items\EquipmentHelm\FemalePC01hairhelmet.tex and Items\EquipmentHelm\FemalePC01hairhelmetBMP.tex for the Medusa helmet to accept the new ponytail texture.

You could just do that in the resource folder of your mod and mimic the directory structure to the texture there, then it will be global for all helmets.

Otherwise you would have to manually change all teh female helmet meshes to add a new texture.

So just make a FemalePC01hairhelmet.tga, and in your resources create a Items directory, then an EquipmentHelm directory an place the texture there. If you mimic the game's directories, you can override existing game textures by using the same file name and directory structure.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2018, 02:22:01 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #166 on: 12 December 2018, 14:21:15 »
Tried yesterday, and the hair is still bugged. I don't know what i'm doing wrong  :-\
Haha, while fighting pirates in Knossos, found a jolly roger :D Nice idea. If there is a green version...
Can you do a small update with the chest fixes? Most of the new boss chests in Act I were missing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: 12 December 2018, 22:27:38 »
completed act 2 epic, lv 60

Some bugs and feedback

-Rogue Greaves is missing pet bonus discription

-Dark Obelisks in the boss room from tomb of amenmeses ( i think i spell this one right), in the other words, the ones that spawns frost skelies, are invisibles

-The skellie hero in Tomb of Merenptah shouldnt be a boss ?

-I remenber in Normal was a tought Hero statue in Tomb of Seti I, and not in epic, he found only in normal  ?

-Theres one type of dark obelisk that doesnt spawn anything

-Place of truth quest info, is placed on act1 side quest log

-I notice theres no healer around thebes, our she moved to another place ?

-I hope to see more skellies revenants in the future

-i think the bosses from VoK should have better rewards when defeated, most of then dont have a simple chest

Conclusion of the act

-This act is difficult, if you dont have pierce/poison/vitality/bleeding resistance, believe me it hurts :)

-I JUST LOVE THE NEW DUNGEONS! so freaking brutal :D

-Kept the good work, man :) i hope you get a big wonderfull presents this xmas, because you DESERVE IT!

edited: ultima trap (hero) dont die and dont attack ( act 3)
« Last Edit: 12 December 2018, 23:18:56 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: 12 December 2018, 23:47:45 »

-Rogue Greaves is missing pet bonus discription
Fixed

-Dark Obelisks in the boss room from tomb of amenmeses ( i think i spell this one right), in the other words, the ones that spawns frost skelies, are invisibles
Fixed

-The skellie hero in Tomb of Merenptah shouldnt be a boss ?
Fixed

-I remenber in Normal was a tought Hero statue in Tomb of Seti I, and not in epic, he found only in normal  ?
This one has me puzzled. First, I don't know which tomb is which in the map editor as they are named in generic terms. I remember Thuyu and Rameses. I am better at remembering which mini-boss it was. Lightning Mummy? Green Scorpion?

-Theres one type of dark obelisk that doesnt spawn anything
Can't figure this one out.

-Place of truth quest info, is placed on act1 side quest log
Fixed

-I notice theres no healer around thebes, our she moved to another place ?
I was in teh middle of restoring all the NPCs I had turned into healers when I got sidetracked and forgot. I spent some time today adding healers to Egypt and the Orient.

-i think the bosses from VoK should have better rewards when defeated, most of then dont have a simple chest
I don't understand. They all have boss loot treasure chests, unless the chest isn't spawning again. Some of them are shaped like sarcophagai, but that is simply cosmetic.

edited: ultima trap (hero) dont die and dont attack ( act 3)
Bad controller. If you can't kill it and it doesn't do anything, it's a bad controller. Fixed.

EDIT:
Added a new area to the forest outside the great wall town across the river. Just a bunch of zombies for now, nothing special....just fun exploring.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2018, 23:50:51 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: 13 December 2018, 00:00:41 »
Inahabited statue, is a hero, ( it have minoan statue mesh) it appear with bunch of sandstatues

I think the dark obelisk doesnt spawn those sandwraiths phantons our the skelletons ( i forgot their names) , because the mummies and ghost versions are working

never mind of boss chest, they are there
« Last Edit: 13 December 2018, 00:02:22 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: 13 December 2018, 00:11:24 »
Inahabited statue, is a hero, ( it have minoan statue mesh) it appear with bunch of sandstatues
I put him in a new tomb outside of Thebes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: 13 December 2018, 18:04:06 »
Couple of reports

-I reach lv 40 on warfare Mastery ( yey), but i got already, Crushing Blow skill, without spending any point ( lv 1 already)

-Ice King Sprite gives 1362 exp in epic

-Raptor~Bonegnawer (Hero) gives 1591 exp in epic

-Primitive altars found in khantai Mountain, gives act 1 relics, also not sure if you put spawns in then.

-Primitive altar found in Mongolian Plateau ( before new dungeon) spawns Satyrs

-Hight Shaman Snuuk , Neanderthal Hero, could be buffed in the future

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: 13 December 2018, 18:39:22 »

-I reach lv 40 on warfare Mastery ( yey), but i got already, Crushing Blow skill, without spending any point ( lv 1 already)

How? It's not possible.

I would have to set it level 1 in the skills/warfare/warfareskilltree.dbr and it would be visible as soon as you chose the mastery.
Or a quest file would have to specifically award a point to that particular skill, but there isn't a quest condition trigger for "reaching level 40 mastery". How would it know to do it then?

This is a mystery.

Did you have a point in that skill before I moved it to tier 7 in an update?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: 13 December 2018, 19:08:12 »

How? It's not possible.

I would have to set it level 1 in the skills/warfare/warfareskilltree.dbr and it would be visible as soon as you chose the mastery.
Or a quest file would have to specifically award a point to that particular skill, but there isn't a quest condition trigger for "reaching level 40 mastery". How would it know to do it then?

This is a mystery.

I forgot to remove a skill point on my Stupidity..

So sorry, i forget crushing blow was tier down before, *hides in a deeeeppp hole*

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: 13 December 2018, 20:34:54 »

How? It's not possible.

This is a mystery.

So sorry, i forget crushing blow was tier down before, *hides in a deeeeppp hole*

No, no, no!

I am just so relieved there wasn't some new mystery glitch, huzzah!  :))

I spent the morning remaking the Knossos to Egypt outside area after the telkine into an area with some pirates etc. just for fun.

« Last Edit: 13 December 2018, 20:37:32 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BlackSunSerpent

• Exterat scientia ut arma.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #175 on: 13 December 2018, 21:07:19 »
There is some sort of new mysterios glitch but it nothing horrible. Started new playthrough as runemaster, and Jotunn (for my language for some reason even if change game lang to eng I got Jцtunn) hitting enemies so hard that they just broke gravitation field and stuck in middle beetween earth and heavens.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Have noticed this before when started playing mod, but it was not that intense.

Also there is a problem with range of Jotunn wave atack, he often uses it on enemy that out of wave range.
And last thing, is it intended that so many MI, or rare items have no pet bonuses on them? I'm shure that we, testers, can't look through all the items.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2018, 21:25:21 by BlackSunSerpent »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: 13 December 2018, 21:37:29 »
I don't have any control over the ragdoll of enemies besides increasing it in an attack skill. But making them stop in midair like that, I wouldn't know how to affect a change besides removing all ragdoll amplification from skills.

I haven't started adding petbonuses to MI, or even the sets (which I already have, I just haven't implemented them in the MI items themselves. DOn't worry about that for now, that will be for beta test

I am looking for game breaking bugs and really bad OP or really bad balance issues.

Just that first kiss on your first date with the game  :))

EDIT: you know what is spooky? I had just finished updating the Kinslayer ax, dragonian ax, dragonian armor and added a dragonian shield and implemented the set for them when I got the email alert for a new post.  :o

Also, there have been updates to the ragdoll physics from Nordic, there were some comments in the Steam forums regarding issues with it I seem to remember.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2018, 21:46:58 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: 13 December 2018, 22:42:39 »

How? It's not possible.

This is a mystery.

No, no, no!

I am just so relieved there wasn't some new mystery glitch, huzzah!  :))

I spent the morning remaking the Knossos to Egypt outside area after the telkine into an area with some pirates etc. just for fun.

Tha area looks beautifull!

Talking about pirataes,..you know whats missing ? parrot! Polly ! Polly cracker amulet !!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BlackSunSerpent

• Exterat scientia ut arma.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #178 on: 13 December 2018, 23:33:30 »
Ok, I'll look more into skills and other things, have no much time for fast playthrough, so I just cheking that is close for me now. About ragdoll, never seen this in AE or Ragnarok themselves, I'm no coder by any means, but first thing that comes to mind is that map somehow registers this ragdolls as they are already landed but they still mid air. So just curious, any chanse could be realted to map?
Btw I'm really enjoin new areas and enemies, maybe it'll sound strange but when I playing mods for any games the first thing I expect is new and interesting enemies, and it becomes even better if rare enemies can provide some sort of rare reward (reffering to something like souls from Soulvizier or even just Dark Souls type of reward, that provides challange=reward equally). Maybe It's coz one of my first games was Serious Sam with it's massive enemy lore and background.
And one question: Pets have some type of resistances to elemental or other types of damage? Or weaknesses? From LoC 1.0 I remember that was major thing for them. I'm not trying to say that it was this good as a mechanic in total (some pets were just devestated in second by some damage types) but if in LoC 2.0 there is something like this, can you put in pet's descriptions, please? :)
I'll look more for bugs, also, just remebered, Boar Snatcher has collosal range of chasing, and omg his web is huge. No complains here, my second try for it when I know about web was without deaths but feeling was like I'm in Benny Hill show as of chase range, he came for me to one of the satyr camps that was before the turn to spider area.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2018, 23:35:51 by BlackSunSerpent »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: 13 December 2018, 23:45:33 »
I will look at Boarsnatcher's controller as that is what decides it's pursuit range. I increased the cooldown for Goblinsnatcher's ranged web attack and made sure it had a minimum range of like 4m instead of 0 to use.

Yes, pets have weaknesses and strengths in v2, I will add to description.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal