Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 134166 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #45 on: 03 December 2018, 13:49:21 »
Act 4- complete , lv 42

Feedback v 8

Hades is fun to face ( p.s : dont forget about vitality resistance :) )

I found 2x  Blade Mistress Anysia~Melinoe Heroes, ( toghter)

Undead typhon, he behaving strange, cast his range attack then he stops, stay idle for ~3 secs, do a few melles attacks , and back to idle.

I found a couple of shrines that didnt work, Shrine of elements and necromancy ( Hades palace)

NagBlade gives +1 skills to all mastery to invalide skill profile , also no pet bonus

The 1st Hades General, Dysomion, doesnt use the bow at all, just casting that bolt non stop D:

Machae~Master archers, oucht

The erebus crystal were easy to get , i believe you didnt implement the suprises yet , im assuming

Now in ACT 5

Act 5 Relics from formulaes are asking for act 3 charms

I dont want to be the bad guy..but

-Ketos ( the 1st boss) dont spawn
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: 03 December 2018, 17:41:49 »
Arrived in Rhakotis. After some farming for pirate MI's, I gave up. It would be nice if you add pirate armors to the MI merchant.
Some feedback on Knossos area:
Goblinshatcher - woah. 1 death, despite maxed Battle Standard and Trance of Convalescence. Now thats a boss!
Leucus, Tyrant of Crete - he was VERY easy, died in 3 hits. Needs a serious buff, and maybe better minions (like champs). To compare, i died from normal skeleton mage champions when swarmed near the palace. Being good at this game is not my strong side, lol
Minotaur Lord - he was easy. Died in 6-7 hits.
Telkine - a few hits more. Both need a buff i think. Telkine can use some minions.
Found 2x Black Bite in the labyrinth.
Labyrinth map is only partly visible.
Btw, nice idea on those animated statues. I'm excited to see new Egypt content :)

Edit: In Wadjet Canyon now. After the beating Scarabeus and the Beast of Legend very easy, im starting to think its not the boss dificulty, but Warfare skills. With the combination of Battle Rage + Battle Standard + Crushing Blow + physical bonus from Weapon Training and the sturdy pets, maybe its just too much. You asked us to test balance, here is my honest oppinion. I only have max ToC from Dream, everything else is Warfare. True, playing with melee is riskier, but all this damage compensates.
Optionally, i suggest you move some skills upper in the tree to unlock on higher lvls. With Warfare level of 10 you have pretty much everything you need to own anything.
My current tree:
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 03 December 2018, 18:59:16 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 03 December 2018, 20:53:37 »
Mh, im not sure, im playing a batlemage, with mostly the same skills you have ( except for the ancestral mellee summons) , and i think warfare is fairly balanced.

The way i see, warfare is suppost to have great single target dps, but you dont have much resistance to back up. in Later acts, the game will became wayy more harder , the monsters will hit way worse. ( and i got not bad defense/resistance)

Also you are right, its a risky class, while other classes you can poke stuff, warfare class needs to be close , facing the chaos alone, in a true game, our you kill it at 1st strike our you are dead.

The flag isnt boss killer anymore.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 03 December 2018, 21:04:47 »
Yeah, you're probably right, its still only normal difficulty. Nevertheless, its good to have battle standard maxed :)
Found Eye of Set amulet in the noble family tomb. +1 all skills +1 Dream mastery :D perfect for a harbinger.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #49 on: 03 December 2018, 23:05:42 »
I am afraid I agree with nargil66 on Warfare Battle Rage tree.

So I made it start at tier 2. Then counterattack at tier 5. And Crushing Blow at tier 7.

You may balk at tier 5 and 7, but I was comparing the skills from vanilla to my version and they really are OP now with the added damage, especially Crushing Blow with +%physical that vanilla doesn't have.

Added increasing chance for retaliation instead of flat 15% along with 15% chance for +%additional bonus physical retaliation and 15% chance stun retaliation to Counterattack.

Also I tweaked the duration and cooldown of Battle Rage so it rewards more skill points/+skills items to get gud.

I removed the bonus physical damage from Weapon Training. TBH, I don't remember why I added it. Oh well, I forget a lot of things these days. It will get worse before it gets better :)

I nerfed the warfare pets defense a bit and reduced their armor by 10%. The ancestral horn soldiers are still as strong as wolves, but I also changed their fire resist from 0 to -15. Archers are now weaker defensively compared to vanilla wolves. A bit.

I'm wondering if the regeneration from Onslaught and ignore pain is making a difference in survivability like I wanted?

I fixed and tested the Harbor quest in Corinth and it finally works. I am truly sorry about this sauruz, and it took me hours of work to finally get it right so I already received my punishment. :)

I have updated the dropbox link to the mod (not the database only link) because I had to redo the map and quest files to get the harbor quest thing to work.

Oh yeah, nargil66...I finally got around to using one of the textures you sent and added the Tomb Raiders to the Place of Truth :D

I'm not sure they aren't OP. :)

It takes an hour to upload the mod to dropbox, so the other changes will have to wait for another day.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 04 December 2018, 02:22:07 »
Almost done in Egypt with 2 deaths total vs 12 in Greece. Thank you for these drop rates BG, it almost completely removes the need to farm. Farming imo is one of the things that breaks immersion and ruins the joy. Because of your mod, I enjoy playing again :D
Killed the Telkhine before he used his scarier skills, same with the two forms of Place of Truth boss. My 2 deaths werent from bosses actually, but from normal skelly champ mages again (was careless and didnt had time to cast Battle Standard), got swarmed... i bet their triple bolts nerf resistances or something. Almost nothing kills my pets except traps (tbh in these version traps are VERY scary). Found Marduk's Rage, one of my favorite swords in TQ, and it gives +1 Warfare skills :D
A small bug - the mi MI Khenti torso from the demons in place of truth has no bitmap (both common and rare versions):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Awesome work on Place of Truth scenery, i really admire your skill with maps. Act II was very enjoyable (except maybe the 1000 traps :P). On to Babylon.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2018, 16:32:53 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline fingolfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #51 on: 04 December 2018, 10:54:06 »
Hi,

Just started the great mod and it is looking good so far.

I have decided to play as defence  and just opened up spirit.  The skills seems well balanced at the moment  I got  battle awareness, spirit guardian, armour handling, rally and shield smash going.   In spirit I have gone for the skeletons and death chill aura

The skeletons as expected seem to be a bit fragile  but good against undead.   

The brute  (medicine waylaid)  and the demon for the lost dowry quest seem to be not has hard to beat as in the previous edition of the game.

Also you gain the second level  as soon as you killed the first monster for the rescuing the horse  quest (Timaeus)

The traps are also very deadly    nearly died twice

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 04 December 2018, 15:06:35 »

Those railway, in salt mine, is making the navigation a litle hard, since i cant pass through then.

i think Onslaught skill ,from ancestral melle warriors, description is wrong

Bonepiles only in Corinth Zone, spawns monsters from act 4. In the North is fine

Ketos big chest, drops act 4 relics

Karkinos~Razor clawn , found in Corinth, are tagged as normal monster instead of champions

Soulspike gives +3 invalid skill profile

Khathonian Razor, still have +2 invalid skill profile, the rest is fixed.

Trolls~Crushers could throw rocks more often when in range.

There arent any health shrine near the fountains,  like the previous acts, btw

King Goldtooth, troll king, in my opinion,  hes bit to strong in melle range, dealing 1k+ each hit and with a tanky hp, was a long and hardest batle so far. Also he summon trools so very far away from the batle.

Frost trolls are green , im assuming it is correct ( ? )

Nerthus Ancient bosses, of the Soil and  of the wild, can have extra tricks, the others two are fine ( in my opinion ofc)

Now, im not always giving bad news.

Ketos/Bandit Lord/Ghost from salt mines are FANTASTIC! I loved the new designs so great.

Also Chiron as well, well done ^.^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 04 December 2018, 18:14:12 »
The brute  (medicine waylaid)  and the demon for the lost dowry quest seem to be not has hard to beat as in the previous edition of the game.
Okay, I buffed them.

Also you gain the second level  as soon as you killed the first monster for the rescuing the horse  quest (Timaeus)
This is by design as I hardcoded that into the first quest file. You don't need to kill the monsters, simply get the horse quest and the quest giver gives you enough xp to get to level 2.
This is a special favor to those who want to do the "no kill challenge" where only pets get the kills. And for me, since I like pets from the start. :)

Those railway, in salt mine, is making the navigation a litle hard, since i cant pass through then.
Now THIS is why I am doing an alpha and not straight to beta. I had to go into the database and set their "allowPAthing" to true.
Then I had to rebuild the map and map's pathing. I just assumed you could walk over tracks as I have done that so many times IRL. Fixed when I upload the next map update.

i think Onslaught skill ,from ancestral melle warriors, description is wrong
I was just lazy. Fixed.

Bonepiles only in Corinth Zone, spawns monsters from act 4. In the North is fine
Okay I will look into this, it's hard to do (there are so many linked files it is hard not to get confused) so I will do it later.

Ketos big chest, drops act 4 relics
Fixed.

Karkinos~Razor clawn , found in Corinth, are tagged as normal monster instead of champions
Fixed

Soulspike gives +3 invalid skill profile
Fixed

Khathonian Razor, still have +2 invalid skill profile, the rest is fixed.
Fixed.

Trolls~Crushers could throw rocks more often when in range.
I updated their skill config, should help. Also updated the range that they can use the skill  to be more flexible.

There arent any health shrine near the fountains,  like the previous acts, btw
Actually there are, but the proxies were set to a low number for chance to spawn. I set them to 100% like all the other acts. You are just really unlucky lol

King Goldtooth, troll king, in my opinion,  hes bit to strong in melle range, dealing 1k+ each hit and with a tanky hp, was a long and hardest batle so far. Also he summon trools so very far away from the batle.
Yeah, I hadn't looked at his file before except to add the global boss properties.

He does 400-500 per hit, plus strength and other bonuses, including a healthy flat offensive ability buff. So I lowered his physical damage to half that, but added a buff to epic and legendary.

Also, the summon skill used an interesting feature. Summon skill templates allow for "alternateSpawnLocation". So if you add a quest location to the map, and list it in the file, that's where monsters will spawn when the skill is used. Neat!

So anyway, I removed that, it's gimmicky. It would be more appropriate for like the Egypt Telkine or Alastor that don't move around a lot.
Instead I made a summon skill like the Tegea Zombie boss that spawns a ring of trolls of different varieties directly around the troll king.

Frost trolls are green , im assuming it is correct ( ? )
Yes, I had to add new textures to their meshes to make them green. Trolls are always green, it's just the way it is. :)

Nerthus Ancient bosses, of the Soil and  of the wild, can have extra tricks, the others two are fine ( in my opinion ofc)

Okay, though I wasn't sure which one is which, Raganrok naming conventions in the database are not as good as the original so I just buffed all of them.

EDIT: The reson the act 4 monsters were spawning from bonepiles in act 5 is because the proxies in Act 5 corinthis are using the treasure accessoriy files from act 4. So I made them act 5, problem solved.
« Last Edit: 04 December 2018, 19:15:39 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 04 December 2018, 19:02:24 »
Thank you for the answers !
ah, yea i must be unlucky , not suprised at all :p

Is this entrance always closed ? i dont remenber if it the same from vanilla, but its strange.

Can you look the mana leech radius from draug princes ( the caster ones), i think its kinda large radius, as i enter into the tombs in barrows and my mana went to zero in matter of secs.

i Think the healer should be near the portal of King Gylfi's Settlement, and not near of sea captains

The Restless King, 2nd form, could be buffed

Have you changed the casting speed animation of thunderclap skill? i notice on last update, the casting is now 5x faster than before.

The spectral wolf quest, any tips where i should look at ? i explore every cave around the area and not a single clue, our maybe i miss one (?)

Scepter of Erebus, is missing a grant skill description.

Will the troll~ wolf rider , change into champions in the future ? since all mounted enemies are turned into champions ( i enjoyed that change btw)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 04 December 2018, 22:35:27 »

Is this entrance always closed ? i dont remenber if it the same from vanilla, but its strange.
Yeah, this is another reason for alpha testing. When I work with the game map, sometimes doorways will break for no reason. I didn't touch the dorrway or the surrounding area. It just breaks sometimes. I reconnected the doorway, no problem. I just need to test every doorway to see if it's broke.

Can you look the mana leech radius from draug princes ( the caster ones), i think its kinda large radius, as i enter into the tombs in barrows and my mana went to zero in matter of secs.
No problem, I nerfed it  so it has a steeper skill level so it will be just as bad in legendary but gentler in normal.

i Think the healer should be near the portal of King Gylfi's Settlement, and not near of sea captains
I'm not sure what you mean, so I added a healer to the main town by the portal and kept one by the next rebirth as well.

The Restless King, 2nd form, could be buffed
Done, made a new skill Unclean Onslaught with a new effect. Increases attack speed and adds poison damage and +%physical.

It was so cool that I added it to an item skill to several unique axes. Rogue should definitely like it. :)

Have you changed the casting speed animation of thunderclap skill? i notice on last update, the casting is now 5x faster than before.
No, do you mean Storm Surge? Yeah, I changed the particle effect as I never liked the vanilla one. Lightning should be QUICK, the skill itself  and the player animations remain unchanged.

The spectral wolf quest, any tips where i should look at ? i explore every cave around the area and not a single clue, our maybe i miss one (?)
No, I was just going off the bugfix thread. I looked in the map for awhile and never found the quest giver so I added her to the Gylfi settlement by the cave near the portal. I hope that's all that I need to do...

Scepter of Erebus, is missing a grant skill description.
Fixed.

Will the troll~ wolf rider , change into champions in the future ? since all mounted enemies are turned into champions ( i enjoyed that change btw)
Updated them to champ and added skills to them and buffed them up.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 05 December 2018, 05:19:18 »
The flag isnt boss killer anymore.

After owning in the entire Act 3 because of it, I strongly disagree sauruz:

This was my first try vs Typhon. No preparations done at all.
But what i think causes this tremendous damage is actually Crushing Blow.
Finished Act 3 with 1 death from Blood Sister Sagira, just because Battle Standard wasn't on.
I haven't noticed many bugs, except Blood Blossoms thrown unique with invalid skill profile.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 05 December 2018, 09:59:07 »

I'm not sure what you mean, so I added a healer to the main town by the portal and kept one by the next rebirth as well.

What i mean was ,right now the healer  is here, bit fair away of the city

Now the spectral wolf quest, i walked into birch forest, the wolf appear, when he was 75% hp left, he dissapear, the quest pops out, saying i need talk to local mystic, so far no problem, but now the part im getting lost, the quest info says:

Now i clear every cave around the area and not a clue of what i need to find. Also i fought the spectral wolf around 5-6x times when i was exploring the map ( birch forest/frozen rizer)

Thunderclap skill i got, is  from Folg MI, before the casting speed animation was the same as vanilla, slow, and now is casting twice as fast than before

Also Artic Karkinos~Clam Crusher is tagged as Normal monster, instead of champion.

@nargil66

Woah! in 3x hit ! that is alot of dmg, i needed to use a scrool to take him down and lots of runing .
The flag doesnt give much dmg anymore, it gives nice hp recovery thats it, from what i noticed, except if you got triumph maybe, those debuffs looks nice in paper

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 05 December 2018, 10:44:30 »
double post

I faced this problem now

I clicked on the ancient device, 1st wave of skelletons appear, i defeat then , and nothing else spawns. i relog the game, and its the same.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 05 December 2018, 12:34:35 »
Quest problem in Orient - i defeated all 3 djinn sisters and the npc gave me the stat reward, but not the key. He keeps telling me sister Shaitan is not defeated.
Another issue with Khenti MI torso - it doesnt show as part of a set and has empty pet bonus.
« Last Edit: 05 December 2018, 12:36:19 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal