Author Topic: IPersist file missing problem  (Read 5016 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
IPersist file missing problem
« on: 20 August 2018, 00:25:28 »
As far as all games and most other thing don't work properly. It's no doubt a Microsoft problem. After shutting down Defender, removing all window updates still have the same error. Uninstalled Gog to reinstall, bad mistake. I can not download anything without getting the error. Checked everything I can possibly check, even dish partitions and boot. with no luck. May have to reload Windows 10. I have search for a possible replacement download, but haven't found any.
Will work on this until it is solved.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: IPersist file missing problem
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2018, 00:39:51 »
windows 10 has a built in refresh your PC.. uninstalls everything and gets it back to what it was when you bought it.. you can choose to preserve your files or not
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2018, 21:28:25 »
I was putting that off with hope of being able to fix. Have been working with GOG. ALso tried about every fix on the internet.
I guess its down to the nitty gritty and will have to >:(

botebote77, just to let you know that with the refresh it seems to be working. Have set up a half dozen things this morning, including GOG-Galaxy and TQA.
Now I am starting all over, nothing saved. Will probably start with Fire/Hunting to just get thru normal to be able to start saving things for other possible characters.
Haven't downloaded the Vault yet will wait until through Ac1. I picked that combo because it is probably the easiest to start with. Not in the mood for anything tough :-\
« Last Edit: 21 August 2018, 20:21:07 by oldage »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2018, 19:00:05 »
Since I seem to have things working and saved nothing, Starting all over will use Croc's guide as my first character, Avenger. Before I advance will install a Vault to start saving a few thing in for this and future characters. It was either that or a Sage. They are both probably the easiest at this point. Mostly will stick to Normal to collect some basic thing before going on to Epic.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2018, 01:29:04 »
you chose to erase everything eh? but i understand.. if multiple programs don't work, it's safest to just get rid of everything

i like how you say Croc's hybrid avenger is the easiest at this point :)
you must be used to it by now

windows 10 is giving me problems too.. i also refreshed my pc then decided to just disable automatic updates.. security updates is the only important thing in automatic updates anyway.. I'll just manually update my defender from time to time.. disabling automatic updates in windows 10 is a little tricky.. i still don't know if i really disabled it

now a funny thing happened that i will just share here: to test if my pc won't experience slowdowns anymore, i decided to run TQ.. i played my thunderer for a bit.. i haven't played TQ in about a week and this char for much longer than that.. i found my thunderer to be near undead typhon legendary.. in xmax 3 undead typhon is hard.. i was so into the moment that just a little tap is enough to make me go "Huh? what the?".. i managed to kill 1 typhon but then an insect decided to land on my arm.. of course i was surprised that i had to let go of keyboard and mouse.. then when i looked at the screen I'm already dead.. nyohohohoho good job by the insect

i will be on another hiatus to TQ but i will still be active here
« Last Edit: 25 August 2018, 01:44:59 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2018, 03:17:50 »
Croc's original from 2010. Just part it was too long to post all. Found this on an old disc I found. None of my characters so far, but lot of builds and information

1. Avenger : A Hybrid Study !
Content

I] Intro
II] Why Hunting
III] Why Earth
IV] Synergies between Earth & Hunting
V] Problems
VI] Solutions
VII] Secret Passage
VIII] Questions for Veterans
IX] Avenger vs Sage
X] Goodies that dropped in my game
XI] Quotes concerning the Core Dweller
XII] Personal Data
XIII] Conclusion

I] Intro

(The title may sound showy but the post is not, I can assure you. This thread may be old news for Regulars but wait! There is a section entirely dedicated for Veterans: I have some questions for you. I hope you’ll answer the call).

Playing a “hybrid” (a character part Melee / part Caster) can be a blessing and a curse. It is a known fact that focusing on one type of damage is the way to go. Avengers and the likes are no classes for beginners, just so you know. So why for Heaven’s sake would you choose an Avenger? Well here’s my answer: Hunting & Earth are my favourite Masteries. And one day I decided to mix the two and see how it goes.

Note: I’m playing with the fanpatch 1.17

II] Why Hunting

Because Hunting has it all! It is one of those Masteries that you’ll have a hard time to part with (just like Defense). Let’s recap:

- a Hunter doesn’t gives a d**n about Poison Resistance because he’s got Herbal Remedy. Even on Legendary Act IV I stood in the middle of Undead Mages casting their big poison gas bombs. They didn’t scratch me,

- a Hunter doesn’t gives a d**n about Entrapment because he’s got Trail Blaizing,

- a Hunter has always the edge in terms of Defensive Ability thanks to almighty Wood Lore (it’s percentage based),

- a Hunter is always the best Bow user whatever secondary he chooses, thanks to the Marksmanship tree,

- a Hunter doesn’t fear tough armoured enemies because he’s got one of the strongest debuff in the game: Study Prey (& Synergy),

- a Hunter has a huge bonus to Piercing Damage thanks to many skill trees (Art of the Hunt, Call of the Hunt, Marksmanship mainly)

You see? All those goodies add up. It also means you’ll miss your Hunting A LOT when you’ll roll a completely new toon. Hunting is overwhelming (again just like Defense)

III] Why Earth

Well not much to say here. First and foremost I tend to be a “sloppy” guy in every single hack’n’slash I put my hands on. I can be a real Leroy Jenkins sometimes. In this regard Earth is just the Mastery for me:

- The Core Dweller is a tough pet who tanks for me (at least from Epic and on),

- Stone Form is a life-saviour when I’m cornered. At least when used properly. 2 Rules concerning Stone Form:

# Never use it if you haven’t a good casting speed. How many times did I die when trying to cast it? Countless times! At least if you have 0 casting speed cast it in advance, never at the last second, ‘cos you’ll regret it I can assure you,

# never put a single point in its synergy (Molten Rock). Never! It can really mess up your life. Not only the damage retaliation is puny but more importantly you are somewhat blocked around a second when the animation is over. Some monster can beat you up. And the additional 2 seconds of invincibility of Molten Rock can ruin your day. Here’s one example:

Ex: Typhon: once I was caught offguard and noticed he had cast his Meteor Shower. Thus I cast Stone Form. Thing is: I had put a point into the synergy Molten Rock. So I was completely stopped for 8 sec (instead of 6 sec)! In the meantime that b****d had cast another Meteor Shower and I died.

With only a single point into Stone Form you can disengage faster and safely.

- Heat Shield: that 15% Damage Resistance (Physical only) becomes more and more essential the more you advance in the game. On Legendary when fire-totting enemies dismiss my Heat Shield, my survivability declines considerably,

- not counting that I love throwing things (Eruption & Volcanic Orb)

IV] Synergies between Earth & Hunting

I noticed 2 synergies only, but what a bargain:

# Core Dweller + Monster Lure = Double Taunt / Double Tank

On Normal you won’t notice how those two go well. Actually you may curse the day you’ve rolled an Avenger. From Act III they’ll drop like flies and constantly recasting them becomes tedious. But you’ll have to if you want to survive (at least one of them). On Epic however (Even more so on Legendary) they’ll become a force to reckon with:

First they taunt. They’ll draw the attention of countless mobs. Believe me it is a sight to see: on Legendary when facing Machae archers you’ll be astounded to see countless of arrows flying around you, and not touching you one bit! (note on Machae archers: fear them!)

Secondly they tank like mad! How many times have I experienced death because of Heroic Monsters or tough Bosses? Well with an Avenger this is a thing of the past, thanks to my double team. Just for your information:

- I NEVER died against a single Telkine with my Avenger. Be it on Normal, Epic or Legendary! (and I told you I’m kinda sloppy),

- I never died against Hades!

- Pharaoh Honor Guard? Gargantuan Yeti? Kalixenia? Charon? The Bloated One (Albinos Spider)? Cerberus? A joke!

But how does it work? Simple. First max your Core Dweller (all skills except Wildfire). Secondly max your Monster Lure (not the Synergy, the damage is puny even when Earth Enchantment is around). Third max your Marksmanship tree.

The Core Dweller is your first line of defense. He tanks like a Sherman. For your safety (against tough mobs like Melinoes) always cast a Monster Lure between you and your Core Dweller. Should your Core Dweller go down a majority of monster should cluster around the Monster Lure. Keep raining arrows & Eruption on their heads. That’s it. As simple as that. Against Bosses this is the way to go too. Now if you didn’t understand: an Avenger is mainly a Bow user!! And Holy Diablo Cow! It works!!

# Flush Out + Eruption + Volatility = Outstanding combo

Flush Out (synergy of Study Prey) reduces Elemental resistances considerably: you need it to boost your already ungodly Eruption spell. Max,

Study Prey reduces Piercing Resistance. Max (you’re a Bow user, remember),

Eruption: a volcano on demand. The more points in it, the more fragments. Always cast Study Prey before casting Eruption. It is critical! Max,

Volatility: contrary to other classes I strongly recommend to max Volatility early. Middle Epic is the good time. When I maxed it I noticed a considerable boost to Eruption & Volcanic Orb.

V] Problems

Of course you’ll face hurdles. Did you think you could play a Hybrid without paying the price? Obviously Not.

Energy regen: this will be your main problem. First because you have two strong Energy Reserved Skills (Art of the Hunt & Earth Enchantment) which will hijack a big chunk of your energy bar. Secondly your spells / Summons are very taxing,

Stat Distribution: the Hybrid curse. You’ll always be torn between putting points into Dex / INT and STR.

Ladies & Gentlemen! This calls for strong measures! Follow me to the next paragraph.

VI] Solutions

Warning: the following is the way I chose to develop my Avenger. This is not a perfect set up (actually it’s far from it). But it worked for me and I could finish Legendary with it. You’ll notice the consequences of such choices. That’s what Hybrids are all ab

XIII] Conclusion

Well! What can I say? I hope you enjoyed the read. It’s fun to play an Avenger and sometimes you’ll feel awesome. But that’s definitely not a class for beginners. I hope now you feel what is it to play a Hybrid. A blessing and a curse. Have a nice day!
Last edited by CrocMagnum; 11-02-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2018, 16:35:45 »
Feel free to delete. Is meant as a salute to CrocMagnum for a job well done a long time ago

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mook

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 26 August 2018, 01:02:02 »
Thank you for digging this up

- Stone Form is a life-saviour when I’m cornered. At least when used properly. 2 Rules concerning Stone Form:

# Never use it if you haven’t a good casting speed. How many times did I die when trying to cast it? Countless times! At least if you have 0 casting speed cast it in advance, never at the last second, ‘cos you’ll regret it I can assure you,

I had ignored casting speed, assumed the split second delay was keyboard lag, or something. But lately, I have something with reduced casting speed on it, and stone form is cooperating with my reflexes better (such as they are)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 26 August 2018, 14:12:49 »
Feel free to delete. Is meant as a salute to CrocMagnum for a job well done a long time ago

Thank you kindly oldage! :) Compliments coming from dedicated players sincerely mean the world to me.

It also means I didn’t write this interminable guide for nothing. ^^

On a sidenote the newer version of the guide is somewhat more thorough:

Avenger: A Hybrid Study (Updated to Anniversary Edition)

Still I’ll have to edit even the above version too (some Earth / Hunting skills have changed quite a bit, Secret Passage in Anniversary Edition has changed too,...)

Thank you for digging this up

I had ignored casting speed, assumed the split second delay was keyboard lag, or something. But lately, I have something with reduced casting speed on it, and stone form is cooperating with my reflexes better (such as they are)

Yes in Immortal Throne Molten Rock, the Synergy of Stone Form, blocked you for a split second. Fortunately in the Anniversary Edition the synergy has been retimed.

Still even in AE you still need some decent Casting Speed to use Stone Form which is a major skill for glass-cannon characters (and even for other Earth-based Classes). Some great items to look for are:

- Hood of the Magi (Act I, your best bet is to fight Satyrs to get it) 

- Cartouche Ring (Act II, III, IV Normal; especially Acty II) 

Those early items grant awesome bonus to Casting Speed and thus makes your Spells, especially Stone Form, finally practical.
« Last Edit: 26 August 2018, 14:27:02 by CrocMagnum »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal