Author Topic: Hamunaptra Mod - Development  (Read 93432 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Hamunaptra Mod - Development
« Reply #105 on: 04 November 2018, 23:30:30 »
Perhaps all of the above, just random chance?

Yeah that's good thinking, would be great for replay value haha. Still deciding what to use as a 'wall lever' for access  ???
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: 07 November 2018, 23:45:10 »
Still touching up the early areas which have been long neglected.  Also expanding some of it a bit more to help with levelling.  Titan Quest is quite drawn out with content which works well with levelling progression but with Hamunaptra the difficulty scales up a lot quicker so hopefully adding a bit more meat to the beginning areas will help with this.

As I'm doing this however - "...a new area? Probably need another ruined temple and accompanying dungeon"  ^-^
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: 11 December 2018, 09:36:41 »
New expanded early area is taking shape - some overgrown Nile temple ruins, perhaps a promising farming area for your fresh hero? We'll see..  ;)

All a WIP of course.

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #108 on: 11 December 2018, 15:35:37 »
The stairs and walkway under the water is bea-u-ti-ful!

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: 11 December 2018, 16:50:43 »
Fantastic job as always bro!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: 11 December 2018, 23:40:06 »
Cheers guys  ;D

Currently there's two dungeons to explore here; the main temple itself and a sunken tunnel complex thats not seen in that shot.

There's some cultists around the area but am thinking of having the theme of the ruins associated with the god Sobek.  A crocodile boss maybe??

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: 03 January 2019, 23:48:43 »

New elemental dual sword set on its way  ;)

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: 24 January 2019, 23:56:31 »
Finally set up over at ModDB, excited to join the community and bring back some more attention to TQ  ;D

https://www.moddb.com/mods/na41850

A few new screenshots added there too

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: 25 January 2019, 09:06:58 »
The screenshots look amazing.My favorites whould be the one with overgrown ruins and the one with a dark tomb and a statue sitting on a throne.Once the mod is finished,you should also upload it to Steam Workshop.I dont think I need to tell you this,since I remember one day when I was scrolling through TQ Steam disscusions,I clicked mod disscusions and I have found a trailer to Hamunapatra.Thats pretty much how Ive found your mod.
Btw,how will checkpoints work?Will it be something similar to Lilith,in wich you dont have rebirth fountains,only portals and restpoints(wich are kind of like fountains,if I think about it).

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: 25 January 2019, 13:33:14 »
So immersive... if there was a Titan Quest 2, this is how it should look... no joke 8)
Your skill with maps and lights is truly amazing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: 25 January 2019, 19:36:56 »
yes you really are good with improving the looks.. if there is a beta release i would like to try
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: 26 January 2019, 04:04:03 »

Thanks guys.  ModDB also put up a link/feature for the mod on their Facebook page, so some nice promotion there  :D

@mvlad954 Yeah those are some of my favourite shots as well, I love the darkness of the tombs and having some overgrown ruin locales is refreshing.  I'll definitely be releasing on the Steam Workshop, I know many like yourself check over there frequently.  I'm reluctant to put anything on there yet that's not playable though.
Hmm regarding checkpoints I have played Lilith ages ago but don't remember these 'restpoints' but yeah, at the moment in Hamunaptra you will find Rebirth fountains.   I'm sort of approaching this in a way where there a fewer of them and longer distances inbetween, with some actually being semi-hidden.  For example in a large tomb with multiple levels you might run through it, reach the lowest level and die.. this can get frustrating having to run all the way back etc.  So to help with this you might find a secret chamber say halfway down within the tomb and inside is a hidden Rebirth Fountain. 

Thought on this? Of course playtesting will tell me if this is fine but we know I guess from the Athens catacombs that is helps a lot huh.   

@nargil66 Wow huge compliment! Thank you sir!

@botebote77 Thanks and for sure I'll add you to the Beta list  ;)

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: 28 January 2019, 02:59:36 »
For example in a large tomb with multiple levels you might run through it, reach the lowest level and die.. this can get frustrating having to run all the way back etc.  So to help with this you might find a secret chamber say halfway down within the tomb and inside is a hidden Rebirth Fountain. 
Cool. In vanilla fountains are too easy to find imo. I remember searching for the portal each playthrough in D2's Monastery Catacombs... it was more exciting :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: 28 January 2019, 08:42:09 »
Yeah agreed.  I like the Rebirth Fountain idea as a whole, I think it reduces the tedium of re-running areas already cleared and makes the playthrough more efficient.  It seems they're still unique to TQ as well since Grim Dawn doesn't have them..

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #119 on: 28 January 2019, 10:06:48 »
Agreed.  I really hated that GD dropped the rebirth fountains, especially during early access.  I know we didn't have that far to go in the game, but I was so slow I often didn't reach the next riftgate during a play session and had to run/clear the whole area again.  Plus it was another reminder of D2 since it's the same in that game and I didn't like TQ's spiritual successor moving closer to D2 than it had to.  I've gotten used to not having them in GD, but even now there's some areas I won't start playing because I know I won't have time to clear it all before I have to finish a session. 

Making them a bit more difficult to find would add interest and encourage exploration.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal