Author Topic: Resistance requirement for Act 5 bosses  (Read 15842 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Resistance requirement for Act 5 bosses
« Reply #15 on: 31 July 2018, 11:29:57 »
I'll test it again against Polyphemus someday

as far as i know, special resist was just a fix by the devs that only applies to undeads and constructs.. it was to counter what some players did in TQIT so they could life steal against undeads and constructs using reduced resist

edit: i clearly remember i could steal more life with my bonecharmer when i have deathchill aura active.. so that at least proves it doesn't apply to all monsters (which could also mean it doesn't apply to character)
« Last Edit: 31 July 2018, 11:34:35 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #16 on: 31 July 2018, 11:38:22 »
It just looked like a lazy design. Last minute fix or I don't know what.

How it was: Life reduction damage affected by vitality resistance, life leech damage displayed in vitality resistance. Making players and monsters different is just complicating this mess further.
How it should be: Life reduction is a separate damage type, life leech is a separate damage type, both have their own resistance de facto and in player stats.

And why life reduction in AE was removed from many attacks that were doing it in IT.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 31 July 2018, 16:14:03 »
You're joking, right?.. even more individual damage and resistance types??

The game has more damage and secondary effect types than it needs already.. on the contrary, they (the devs) were unnecessarily hard working in terms of creating all this mess..

Just keep ADCtH............... and omit vitality, life leech and health reduction damages all together.. that's what they should have done from the beginning.. ah, also most of the secondary garbage cheap effects such as petrify, immobilization and freeze should also have been thrown into the trash bin while only keeping stun and slow.. they are nothing but extra and meaningless burden on the shoulders of players..

Why would I want to reduce the health points of a satyr, fire beetle or a tigerman, when I can already put them down in 1-2 hits anyway? why is this effect still in the game if its not gonna work on the things that it should?..

Ask yourself simple questions such as these, and you will easily get all the answers you need in no time..   

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #18 on: 31 July 2018, 18:05:58 »
As an effort to reduce the number of damage types? Perhaps, but thats a little too grave of a change to the game. When Nordic asked what to do with the game they were asked to fix bugs mostly, not make TQ2. And I'm sure they won't, life reduction stays. Its better to make it in full analogy with the game main competitor then: turn it into obscure damage type that is hard to protect against, but also very rare. And remove it from most mobs attacks so that they couldn't chain cast it at least. If its not affected by vitality resistance, resistance reduction into negative values won't affect it either. Both on players and monsters. Its the best solution not counting removing it completely.

Apparently botebote is right though.

Here is a test subject with low vit resistance
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

And with a demons blood ring to 80% vit resistance
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 31 July 2018, 21:43:59 »
thnx less test for me then :)

i think it's one of the reasons why Polyphemus can be hard on normal but weak on epic and legendary.. because we don't have vit res that early in the game

one of the things i don't like in GD is i feel there are too many damage types that looks like they are the same anyway.. aren't chaos and aether both magic? personally i would like it be lumped together with vit.. but i know many players prefer it that way.. I'm not starting an argument here :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2019, 22:08:04 »
Hey guys,

I was just playing a HC char (shaman) and died in epic to the asgard bosses, I just exploded. All resists capped except for phys, so I was wondering if I maybe damaged myself with my own seal of fate, do any of those bosses use rally (reflect?). Might be nice to add which bosses reflect damage.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2019, 22:41:25 »
I don't remind a reflect shield on them, i may be wrong.

Freyja is the most dangerous if you let her at distance.  Raise up your vitality resistance and go to melee her asap. Others are ok iirc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2019, 05:33:04 »
Hey guys,

I was just playing a HC char (shaman) and died in epic to the asgard bosses, I just exploded. All resists capped except for phys, so I was wondering if I maybe damaged myself with my own seal of fate, do any of those bosses use rally (reflect?). Might be nice to add which bosses reflect damage.

The Skeleton quest boss from " Skeleton Raider "( something like that) at Megara( before you meet Polyphemous) have Rally skill.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal