Author Topic: "100% volley" - Ternion Bone Charmer Build (pierce/bleed)  (Read 25645 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?

First of my builds I'm going to share here, being one of my all time favourites, is the ternion bone charmer. At first, I didn't expect it to become this strong, needless to say, I'm proud of it. It's heavily gear-dependent, but this is not a build guide, just a showcase. That being said, I'll be glad to see if any of you have alternatives for the gear, to fit your own arsenal :>

See updated pics for Atlantis on second page

Performance in legendary: 9/10 (fast movement/kill rate)
Performance in 6-players difficulty: 7.5/10 (surprisingly, can't get careless though)
Party support 8.5/10 (permament covenant+call of the hunt, movement speed, poison res, spirit ward)
Fun meter: 9/10 (one of my favs)

*Ensnare is your friend. Comrade Lichy is purely optional, but I have some points to spare.

Skill tree - hunting:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Skill tree - spirit:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Items:
Spoiler for Hiden:

**I use nidbow as a swap weapon, for dealing with dactyls (see 2nd vid), or for when I'm simply bored.

MI / upgraded:
Staff of the Chosen (of devouring)
(resistant) Stonebinder's Cuffs (of the glade)
(curative) Babeizi Gi (of power)
(plato's) Demonskin Walkers (of might)
(weightless) Torc of the Ancestors (of grace)

Legendary difficulty - sithun:

Legendary 6-players difficulty - dactyls & Hades:

Hopefully i didn't forget anything important. Share your thoughts. I'll be sure to post my other characters soon |'>'|//

« Last Edit: 07 June 2019, 22:24:24 by Torstein159 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "100% volley" - Ternion Bone Charmer Build (pierce/bleed)
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2019, 22:43:56 »
so weird.. weird is good O0
but how did it become 100% volley?
and does the staff outperform nidbow?
we had the same idea of permanent dark covenant and CotH, but man (just checked) your bonecharmer is way weirder than mine
I've long thought of a pierce damage ternion but ugghh I'm just allergic to staves.. i love casters but I'm allergic to staves
and my playing time has been greatly reduced now.. this past 3 weeks, my total is about 1 hour
but hmm more pros are coming out now
sauruz, you have to release your..... nah jk no hurries :)

edit: why is your DA only 704 when your dex is 560 and your wood lore is 10/6?

edit2: ah because wood lore don't work with staves

edit3: ah i get it.. it's not 100% volley.. it just looks like 100% volley because of ternion with staff of the chosen
« Last Edit: 12 March 2019, 23:06:16 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tqrunner

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2019, 22:55:08 »
This looks like a fun build!

I frowned a little bit at the sight of the excessive crafting on the legendaries, but I suppose that technically they're legit C:-)

P.S. Where do you all find Demonskin Walkers? I've never come across a single set of those on any of my toons...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2019, 22:59:43 »
so weird.. weird is good O0
but how did it become 100% volley?
and does the staff outperform nidbow?
we had the same idea of permanent dark covenant and CotH, but man (just checked) your bonecharmer is way weirder than mine
I've long thought of a pierce damage ternion but ugghh I'm just allergic to staves.. i love casters but I'm allergic to staves
and my playing time has been greatly reduced now.. this past 3 weeks, my total is about 1 hour
but hmm more pros are coming out now
sauruz, you have to release your..... nah jk no hurries :)
Hi, my friend just joked it looks like 100% chance for volley, the staff projectiles :p
Tori wasn't means as a nidbow char, but bone charmer would most likely be more powerful in general with it, the gear would be different though.
It was actually my first ternion char, not counting a failed diviner from my old saves, i get where the allergy is coming from lul
I made these toons last year, I haven't played much this year at all, but wanted to share in one way or another, and get to know the community a bit ^^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2019, 23:08:39 »
This looks like a fun build!

I frowned a little bit at the sight of the excessive crafting on the legendaries, but I suppose that technically they're legit C:-)

P.S. Where do you all find Demonskin Walkers? I've never come across a single set of those on any of my toons...

Hey, don't worry, they aren't only "techincally" legit, they are only ones i got myself or from a trusted friend. Me having about 16(toons) x 3(difficulties) = 48 upgrades, my friend having even more, you'll see most of my legendaries have upgrades. We both use doppelganger to duplicate the useful ones and share as well(like the demonskin, I haven't dropped ones myself in forever)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2019, 12:36:50 »
I had demonhide greaves from someone's else shared stash but never used them because never dropped them legitimately.

If you are using stonebinders you have +5 all skills. I won't look over your skills now to see whether you really need that or not, sorry, maybe later in the evening. But if your lich is "optional" then perhaps not. You can replace these demonhides with leggins of the defiled, Freija's boots or boots of the allfather. Or perhaps look better among dex and str gear when you have stats like these, caster gear is so poor in TQ.

discs of Mani https://tq-db.net/equipment/discs-of-mani Belisama's greaves https://tq-db.net/equipment/belisamas-greaves both have ok droprate in game. Or you can take very common Tracian shin guards https://tq-db.net/equipment/thracian-shin-guards for 20% str, then replace one of your rings with either Apollo's will or star of Elysium https://tq-db.net/equipment/star-of-elysium

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2019, 12:52:39 »
caster gear is so poor in TQ.
you really are a hater it's unbelievable.. but i won't start an argument.. sorry but i don't mean to be rude
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 13 March 2019, 13:12:10 »
people should really explore being able to wear anything :)

it's been years now.. many people in the old forum used to do that.. not all but the pros.. those who know what they are doing
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2019, 15:33:10 »
I had demonhide greaves from someone's else shared stash but never used them because never dropped them legitimately.

If you are using stonebinders you have +5 all skills. I won't look over your skills now to see whether you really need that or not, sorry, maybe later in the evening. But if your lich is "optional" then perhaps not. You can replace these demonhides with leggins of the defiled, Freija's boots or boots of the allfather. Or perhaps look better among dex and str gear when you have stats like these, caster gear is so poor in TQ.

discs of Mani https://tq-db.net/equipment/discs-of-mani Belisama's greaves https://tq-db.net/equipment/belisamas-greaves both have ok droprate in game. Or you can take very common Tracian shin guards https://tq-db.net/equipment/thracian-shin-guards for 20% str, then replace one of your rings with either Apollo's will or star of Elysium https://tq-db.net/equipment/star-of-elysium

The +1 to skills from demonskin might not be necessary, but i can't switch them, because they provide me with flat int, flat str, and +20% int. I'll check, but I'm positive that even with 17 attributes, I wouldn't be able to wear my gear. I'm not keen on sacrificing any resistances as well. Don't diss caster gear :p

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2019, 18:44:04 »
i can't switch them, because they provide me with flat int, flat str, and +20% int.
And that int is from Durinn. Looks like you crafted yourself into a corner or something. Maybe you can replace one str/health ring with int mana though, if max strength you need is 320.

caster gear is so poor in TQ.
you really are a hater it's unbelievable.. but i won't start an argument.. sorry but i don't mean to be rude
Caster phobia! And then you ask "why do you hate us so much?" You really need a... different fix in gaming, this one is getting old. Its not hate, its stating and discussing things. By old team design decisions, warriors items in this game got warrior related stats, like strength, health, DA, pierce resistance, armor. Caster items got intelligence, mana and regen, cast speed, skill interruption protection and reduced recharge. They just forgot to spare some of the other part to both. New team tried to fix this mess with new items and redesigning old ones, but not nearly enough, there are still fuckton of shit caster gear, and try to get simple cast speed as melee without elemental related green rings or the like. And while lacking cast speed and recharge can be unpleasant, lacking resists and DA might be really painful.

If you remove Ragnarok items, what would you have for boots slot with decent resists and DA/hp, not counting demonhide? Leggins of the defiled, Santa's boots. Looks like all? Blackbeard's booties, if you are a fire mage perhaps and desperately need cold and lightning res.

And if you need to invest in strength as int character to get some basic defense stats, the game might have problems with itemisation.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2019, 19:37:50 »
And that int is from Durinn. Looks like you crafted yourself into a corner or something. Maybe you can replace one str/health ring with int mana though, if max strength you need is 320.
Not sure why I would need mana, but I tried with a socrates' ring of immortality, and I'd need 1 more lvl up to switch the boots to freyja.
I spent some attributes in str, to compare with apollo's will, and I can't tell clearly, but the 25% attack speed (golem heart) seems to outperform 110% pierce dmg. The dps agrees as well. And it's a 1000hp difference, so I'm staying with my original setup for now. Thank you for your insight though ^^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2019, 20:18:04 »
You can using modified " game.dll " file to show direct dmg of character. It can help you see how good gear change affect to your attack dmg.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2019, 22:27:33 »
thing is, a caster can wear what the player wants it to wear.. same with melees, what prevents them from wearing archmages clasp? other people's opinions? there are no rules in this game

edit: to all: who decided dex gear to be warrior gear anyway? people used to say every character should get dex.. then dex gear should be for every character.. although as far as I'm concerned, any character can wear any item if the player wants it

(not engaging in further debates  :-X   )
« Last Edit: 14 March 2019, 00:05:51 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 14 March 2019, 20:41:35 »
(not engaging in further debates  :-X   )
Thank you for not making it into an argument. It's not really related to the topic at hand.

You can using modified " game.dll " file to show direct dmg of character. It can help you see how good gear change affect to your attack dmg.
Thanks for the advice, i remember using something similar before to show pet dmg :>

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2019, 18:14:07 »
I think last time we tried to check it it turned out that modified game.dll makes floating numbers show your physical damage on ranged attacks, much like melee attacks do. Any non-physical is lost, but its what you actually need to know. Unless you know how to adress that specifically.

If you are interested in it, Koderkrazy made it into cheat table, and that one actually displays non-physical. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=504.0

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal