Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 268894 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Deities Mod - Development
« Reply #615 on: 11 April 2019, 05:33:04 »
hohohohoho.. this seems ridiculous.. ridiculously good  ;D
would be cool if it looks like the character is riding the chariot rather than pushing it.. i don't know how it would look like attacking with a melee weapon but if it's not possible, it's still fine by me.. i don't like melee lol

i for one hope your mod doesn't look like it's overflowing with pets.. but hmm i might be the only one
edit: no offense to Bumbleguppy  :-X
« Last Edit: 11 April 2019, 05:40:47 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #616 on: 11 April 2019, 05:59:27 »
Sorry botebote, with such a big/long mesh melee is impossible. He must be ranged.
About riding the chariot, you just gave me an idea! I'll corrupt the base character mesh to make it completely invisible (donno another way), then I'll attach a second character mesh to it... so its 1 invisible mesh with 4 attachments: charioteer, chariot and 2 horses.
Then I'll just move the position of the attached chariotteer in MeshView up, which will allow me to use whatever animation i want on it and make it to step exactly on the chariot platform...
Next step will be moving ALL attach points of the invisible character by exactly the same amount as the attached charioteer. It will seem that the visible charioteer is equipped with weapons and armor, but the actual holder is the the phantom mesh below him...
You see? Modding is all about creating illusions. Just ask Bumbleguppy :D

Edit: About not pushing but pulling - its also possible, because of the invisible mesh. I'll see what i can do.

Edit 2: Here is your request - he is now "riding" the chariot, pulled by the horses:

See where the thrown weapon appears? That's the base invisible character.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2019, 07:44:12 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline rakshir

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -5
« Reply #617 on: 12 April 2019, 01:15:19 »
Man Nargil, some extremely cool stuff!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #618 on: 12 April 2019, 01:20:50 »
Man Nargil, some extremely cool stuff!

Thanks bro, I hope it goes well (I'm not certain yet)

Update on the charioteer - the pulling idea didnt work good, because all attachments that were connected to bones became messed up when i moved them. I gave up on the idea and just returned to the old push variant.
The other problem is with combining the animations - this time it went very bad. Good news are its possible to "stretch" animation frames in 3dsmax or to reduce them. I'll try that with the horses and make their animation speed a little slower, to be able to combine it later using Tamchi's Composer with more types of existing animations.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #619 on: 12 April 2019, 03:32:02 »
nargil, can you do this in your mod? i don't know if it's possible.. CDR stacking will be multiplicative but there is no 80% cap.. like if you want to spam top notch spells, you can spam it with no cooldown but you will likely sacrifice resists or all skills or whatever.. i don't know which would be more fun though, that or the current additive stacking but with 80% cap

edit: double edged sword.. stacking CDR will not be as effective except if you overcommit to it
« Last Edit: 12 April 2019, 03:46:36 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #620 on: 12 April 2019, 05:10:24 »
Hmm, how about 90% cap? Um, by multiplicative, you mean like % over the base %? I don't know how to do it yet... need to change the formula somehow probably... Donno.

Next update with the chariot - first animation (bow run) is done and doesnt look bad. BUT there is one big problem - the turning animations. The horses rotate with you when you turn, and if you rotate to 180 degrees, it looks ridiculous...
I had an idea, which may work or may not. I'm not sure if im right, but i think every animation comes with it own set of attacment points. This means that maybe i can make new attach points for the turning animations. If it works, the charioteer will turn alone on the platform, without affecting the horses.
The only other way I can think of is to greatly reduce the speed of turning animations. Will see.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #621 on: 12 April 2019, 05:55:57 »
Hmm, how about 90% cap? Um, by multiplicative, you mean like % over the base %? I don't know how to do it yet... need to change the formula somehow probably... Donno.

Next update with the chariot - first animation (bow run) is done and doesnt look bad. BUT there is one big problem - the turning animations. The horses rotate with you when you turn, and if you rotate to 180 degrees, it looks ridiculous...
I had an idea, which may work or may not. I'm not sure if im right, but i think every animation comes with it own set of attacment points. This means that maybe i can make new attach points for the turning animations. If it works, the charioteer will turn alone on the platform, without affecting the horses.
The only other way I can think of is to greatly reduce the speed of turning animations. Will see.

- Do you have intend to make a separate mod chariots for original game?
- Yes, as you already talked. I think it better if the horses and chariot stay immobilize when character change direction and hitting/shoting enemies; chariot and horses only change direction when runs.
- Smaller chariot and one horse can be good too?
« Last Edit: 12 April 2019, 05:59:25 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #622 on: 12 April 2019, 05:59:09 »
multiplicative.. for example if you have archmages clasp and talisman of the jade emperor, instead of 40% + 25% = 65%.. if it's multiplicative the mechanics will be 40 * 1.25 = 50%.. so if it's only that, that's a nerf.. but if you also wear helm of the magus + polaris + ploutons cornucopia + volvas boots + pelaron:
40 * 1.25 * 1.15 * 1.17 * 1.12 * 1.10 * 1.2 =  99.5%
so that might not be a nerf if you overcommit to it
those are rough values btw

i think 90% cap with additive stacking is too OP.. so nope

bah if it's too difficult, don't put much thought into it.. i think it emphasizes the difference between casters and weapon users.. and i don't think I'll like that.. this new mechanic is more of an experiment

your charioteer, i can see the problem when you rotate.. but man what an improvement.. that looks really cool
« Last Edit: 12 April 2019, 06:05:00 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #623 on: 12 April 2019, 07:08:37 »
@botebote77  Your formula idea sounds good... dodge % is calculated in the same way, yes? I would do it, only if i knew how.

@icefreeze Yes, my intention is to make it a playing character mod... and ofcourse a mummy uber boss in Deities. Probably in the Valley of the Kings or Giza, where is more open space.
About the turning horses, i found something like an answer in 3dsmax (called attachment constraints). I'm pretty sure its possible, only it will take time to learn how to do it... i'm not the fastest learner for things like this.
About 1 horse chariot - historically a chariot is driven by 2, 4 or 6 horses. I think to stick to that, and it looks cooler imo.

Added a few more bow animations, including the 90 degrees turning ones. It still looks wooden, but at least the horses are moving when they turn.

Another problem is the wheels are not spinning... but there is a possible fix for that. Since i dont know how to rig and skin a mesh yet, i have another plan. The plan is - make both wheels invisible (delete texture). Then find something in the game that can spin... like a wheel or a spinning cylinder or something (if someone has seen such an object, in the old game or Ragnarok, let me know). Next step, if i do find the object is making it invisible and attaching it 1 or 2 times at the place of the two invisible wheels. Then I'll take and combine its spinning animation with that of the charioteer and the horses. The final step would be attaching the wheels again, this time as a visible decoration (the games allows attaching mesh over mesh over mesh only when the final one is a decoration template, otherwise it will crash). The attached visible wheels will use the animation of the parent spinning mesh, while the original wheels will be invisible. I think it can work.

« Last Edit: 12 April 2019, 07:14:29 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #624 on: 12 April 2019, 09:38:49 »
dodge % is calculated in the same way, yes?
is it? i didn't know that.. %armor absorption though and i think %damage absorption are both multiplicative
« Last Edit: 12 April 2019, 09:40:21 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #625 on: 12 April 2019, 22:03:38 »
Today's progress... I dont get what i miss. I made the wheel in Max, attached a bone and animated  it, then exported both mesh and animation:

But ingame... it spins for 2 seconds and stops. Im missing a step somewhere. Have to find what it is or think of another method. This is the RIGHT way to do it, but im doing the right way wrong.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2019, 00:52:29 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #626 on: 13 April 2019, 06:26:31 »
There is a horse at Tower of the Judgment(Act4) with badass model.
You can use it for more awesome horse's look  >:D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #627 on: 13 April 2019, 06:57:43 »
@icefreeze I already did :P. This normal horse is just for testing. You're right, the Hades horse is more epic.
I gave up on the wheels for now, will try again another time. Today ill try finishing the animations (for bow/staff/thrown only).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #628 on: 15 April 2019, 11:08:08 »
Latest progress on the chariot - half of the ridiculous horse turning problem is solved. I just took the male emote animation (where he looks on both sides) and combined half of it (left turn) with a bow attack animation. The right turn however... i still cant find a suiting one.
You can see how it looks here:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #629 on: 15 April 2019, 12:52:17 »
Yeah, that's the one more step forward  O0
I just worry about its size. There are some tiny place only normal character can run through, so i worry this charriote can't go through them.
If let they come through, may be it can look odd  >:D

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal