Author Topic: [MOD] Enhanced Gameplay 2 (EE)  (Read 343617 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sunnysideup886089

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +8
Re: [MOD] Enhanced Gameplay for TQ: Ragnarök
« Reply #330 on: 04 November 2019, 02:32:18 »
@jack The latest version is 1.1W. Steam and GoG are almost the same, only the directories are different.
And yes, you need only the last version.

I bought the game via gog for a total of 50$, TQAE+RAGNAROK+ATLANTIS just to get hold of this mod, I have a pirated copy once and used this enhanced edition back then but the game crashed everytime i reached Corinth whenever i use a skill on those robbers so i stopped playing, now with atlantis on the loose, it caught up my interest again, but cant hold a play without a memphis priest or a spartan hoplite at my side... I just love the company... where can I download 1.1w? I love your mod nargil by the way if i somehow forgot to mention that... I would really want to learn how to mod like you do... I did amateur modding once on EA's sims2 and Bethesda's oblivion, nothing too fancy really, just txt editing, some mesh tweaking using blender and milkshape... how I wish there are seminars for modding here at our place just to learn new things... sorry to be out topic... anyway a link for 1.1w is greatly appreciated. anyway I just got to say... have you considered the hirelings to be scroll like with no time limit? the trade between having a hireling and the ability to hold orb artifact is kinda making me uncomfortable to decide... so having them on a scrolls and buying them everytime they die is quite reasonable for a mercenary... unlike having them as a skill... free of charge in like forever... just my opinion though... great work by the way... if I can be of any help in meshing or photoshop or anything aside from coding... I will gladly offer my assistance... just tell me where to get em tools for the job. cheers to all
take it slow... make it happen

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: 09 November 2019, 13:46:36 »
using all_n66 mods uploaded 24.10.2019
tried a new character after i died at hands of hades, decided to be a runesmith, but the masteries bears all xxx

i thought this was compatible with ragnarok and atlantis?
« Last Edit: 09 November 2019, 13:48:07 by sunnysideup886089 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #332 on: 10 November 2019, 03:21:54 »
Hmm, i'll check the masteries, maybe i missed something on import.
About scroll mercs - its not a bad idea, but how will they be upgraded?
the other option is to "install" them directly in the quest skill tree somehow... have to think about it.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2019, 03:26:15 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: 10 November 2019, 05:16:48 »

About scroll mercs - its not a bad idea, but how will they be upgraded?

right... hirelings are supposed to be paid, hence their nature... if not then they are not hirelings at all imo... more like you learned how to summon them through the artifact or something, you paid an advance payment to their mothers by buying that artifact and they will supply you with an infinite minnion forever, through scrolls is the only thing i can think of that will remit the demands of payment. if they die... you have to pay to get them back... like d2, even tyriel demands gold for resurrection of your hireling, dont know why he needs gold, perhaps to pay the bills on electricity to keep his wings going or perhaps because its only natural that hireling are meant to be paid every time they go with you risking their pitiful lives

now about the upgrades... hmmm... never thought of that... perhaps instead of directly getting mercenary from the artifact, the artifact summons merchants instead, that merchant sells these mercenary scrolls and their upgrades, just add level tier to each scroll so that early players cant make a use of them to balance things. all are just suggestions though. I hope a fix for the rune mastery is up soon, im stuck with my toon for now
« Last Edit: 10 November 2019, 05:21:00 by sunnysideup886089 »

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: 10 November 2019, 05:39:52 »
nargil, is it possible that your horse mod be included here too? only can it be converted into dyes? i remember way way back that someone managed to create this, only its not horse but rather a saberlion to mount, you have a specific dye to go mounted, then use a regular dye to dismount... quite strange to go into caves or tombs riding a horse, as chiron said "a cave is no place for a centaur" ... just to share ideas if its possible, the teleporters should also be disabled on some part of the map so that the actual use of the horse will be beneficiary... let say from helos to delphi will be 2 days walk, but 1 day ride with a horse... i like the sound of that, reminds me of LOTR when gandalf says to pippin, its a 3 days ride as the nazguls fly, better hope none will be behind us... this will surely be game changing experience if implemented. sacred 2 and Tq in one.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2019, 10:42:08 by sunnysideup886089 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: 11 November 2019, 22:07:56 »
It cant be done with dyes. The problem with mountable/dismountable horse is that it needs to be attached to an armor to work. However, what animation the character is using is depending on the weapon animations. So to have a mountable horse, ill have to sacrifice all weapon animations of a certain weapon type AND to have a specific armor equipped... unless i find another way...
In 3ds Max there is something called Animation Constraints, which might allow me to attach the mount to a weapon, but force it to stay aligned with the floor, so it doesnt move with the weapon... But i tried several times already and havent figure it out.
« Last Edit: 11 November 2019, 22:10:13 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: 12 November 2019, 02:55:45 »
A new version is uploaded.

- Fixed missing link for Rune Mastery
- Fixed walking animation of Memphian merc
- Changed visuals, names and sounds of the skin vendor nymphs (more friendly now)
- Each skin vendor(ess) is summoned by a separate amulet, the skill has a long cooldown now
- Greatly reduced prices of skin vendor's dyes
- Added an adult unlock code: gimmenudes (You have been warned :P)

Download Link:
https://mega.nz/#!YeZ03SRZ!J_sfVG9WY8lEEDoIl7iN-Vbz5EEs89C_SvwruRSOXw4
Edit: Hotfix, link is updated
« Last Edit: 12 November 2019, 03:33:25 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: 12 November 2019, 04:44:42 »
thanks nargil... now i can continue my quest

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: 12 November 2019, 08:39:24 »
its not a major issue... but some buckler shields doesnt have any icons, but its usable nevertheless... the arc file texture should also be place in resource folder main for the special merchant to appear else the mesh wont come up... or is it the n66_mod?, i tried placing just the n66_mod but the mesh of my character is completely invisible, all that remained are my helmet and armband so i imported the texture.arc too. works fine after... except the icons

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: 12 November 2019, 12:12:52 »
That's weird... the exact reason why uploaded the fix.
Ok, I extracted and recompiled Endymion's files, test it and tell me if there are still missing bitmaps:
https://mega.nz/#!pSoHFCBY!sFHhLzasyEhttQsqB8A2TqXnfjxlQ27ibnXHqpq_JPA
This version jumps to the main game, you dont need to place any ARC in main Resources. I recommend you to start with a new character. But you need to load the mod each time from Custom maps befor playing.
« Last Edit: 12 November 2019, 12:18:40 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: 12 November 2019, 20:28:27 »
managed to reached delphi and did not found any shield with a strange bearing bitmaps... and i think this also grants a solution for the special merchant's missing mesh... I will continue playing till i found something strange... ill report any errors if i can. by the way... i had to ask... is it intentional that every new character has a double sided appearance? my character developed a mustache shade on half his face and is clear on the other half... it disappeared as soon as i was able to purchase some dyes to change the color of my tunic... is this a feature or what?

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: 13 November 2019, 08:35:05 »
let it be known that in order for this latest EG which is a bounce mod to be played in customgame, which is imo tend not to be in favor for those who accidentally played their character via normal means without bouncing... this will result in loosing generally every single item you procured that is related to the mod, this happened to me and to my horrors i lost the summoning artifact which cost a fortune when you are a low level character to start with... to avoid this and convert it into a customgame mod, delete the map.arc found inside the custommaps in resource under my documents~  and it will allow you to play via customgame without bouncing ... correct me if im wrong.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2019, 09:24:22 by sunnysideup886089 »

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: 13 November 2019, 10:06:59 »
my lord nargil, it appears that your diety mod somehow manage to sneak into EG, my elementalist became thundersmith, the skill earth became hephaestus while the storm became zeus, but the skill tree remained intact, only the names of their forebearers... is this intentional?

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #343 on: 14 November 2019, 11:25:18 »
Oh, my bad on that, at some point i combined the tags... I'll fix it for the next version.

New for today - i'm doing some research about the unique items names, to add a flavour text to them. I'll first build it as a stnadalone mod, as i normally do. Also that way anyone can easily merge with other mod. Here is the current draft + some ideas for future uniques:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Greek Mythology

Achilles' Panoply (Made to a set if not, maybe rework the models)
Armor of Achilles - Crafted by the smith-god Hephaestus, this armor is said to be impenetrable.
Shield of Achilles - Crafted by the smith-god Hephaestus, the ornamented shield is as beautiful as it is strong.
Helm of Achilles - A high-crested helm, forged by Hephaestus for the greatest hero of the Trojan war.
Spear of Achilles - The trusty spear of Achilles, forged by the smith-god Hephaestus.
(Heel of Achilles) - This will kill you, no matter how tanky you are :P

Herald of Olympus (New Legendary Set)
Cap of Aidoneus - Gifted to Hermes by Hades, this cap enshrouds its wearer in impenetrable mist, making him invisible to all but his allies.
Herald's Caduceus - A symbol of diplomacy and trade, the wand of Hermes can wake the sleeping and and send the awake to sleep, and have power even over the dead. (Grant skill: Sands of Sleep - activated on attack, Bonus vs Undead)
Winged Talaria - Crafted by Hephaestus, the winged sandals of the god Hermes can fly him anywere with remarkable speed.
Traveling' Chlamys - A short protective cloak, used by Hermes in his travels.

Harpe Sword (New Legendary) - Made from pure adamantine, this sword was loaned to Perseus by his father Zeus to slay the monstrous Medusa. (Damage to Magical)

Ancile (Ankylos) - Send from the sky by the god Ares, this shield is rumored to protect any city-state from invasion, as long as its people possess it. (Actually it was send by Mars to protect Rome, but where are Romans in TQ?)

The Aegis (New Legendary) - The shield of thunder-wielding Zeus was given to his beloved daughter Athena, and sometimes even pass to mortal hands. (Skill: Perfect Block - activated upon taking damage)

Ajax's Bronze Tower - This enormous shield was made by the hides of seven sacred bulls, coated in thick layer of bronze.

Sword of Damocles - A symbol of kingship, this huge sword will give its owner great power, with all its responsibilities.

Sword of Justice (New Legendary) - The sword of Themis, goddess of Order, will punish all who stray from the path of justice.

Panoply of Heracles (Full Legendary set, Warfare/Hunting oriented)
Club of Heracles - Made of sacred olive wood, the enormous gnarled club can be hold only by the mightiest of heroes.
Bow of Heracles - The arrows of this huge bow are coated in the blood of Hydra - one of the strongest known poisons.
Pelt of the Nemean Lion - The hide of the Nemean Lion, worn by Heracles, is impenetrable to almost any damage.
Mane of the Nemean Lion - The hide of the Nemean Lion, worn by Heracles, is impenetrable to almost any damage.
Claws of the Nemean Lion - The hide of the Nemean Lion, worn by Heracles, is impenetrable to almost any damage.
Paws of the Nemean Lion - The hide of the Nemean Lion, worn by Heracles, is impenetrable to almost any damage.

Norse Mythology

Armor of Beowulf (New Epic) - This mail shirt was made by the famous norse craftsman Wayland the Smith, creator of many fabulous items.

Skyrta of Orvar-Oddr - The mailcoat of the legendary nordic hero is light and soft as silk, yet able to withstand any damage.

Fafnir's Treasures (New Legendary set)
Golden Coat of Chainmail - The magical armor, found by Sigurd in the lair of Fafnir.
Helm of Terror (Aegishjalmr) - Found by Sigurd after slaying Fafnir, this helm instills awe in allies and terror in enemies.
Ridill - One of the two swords, found by Sigurd in the lair of Fafnir.
Hrotti - One of the two swords, found by Sigurd in the lair of Fafnir.

Dwarven Concealing Helmet (Hulidshialmr, Epic) - According to the legend, this dwarf-crafted helmet can make its wearer invisible.

Svalinn - Legend says the sun-goddess Sunna holds this chilling shield before herself to protect the Earth from burning.

Jarngreipr - Made by dwarves, the iron gauntlets of the god Donar give him enough strength to hold his mighty hammer.

Jokulsnaut (New Epic) - A magical sword, wielded by the norse heroes Grettir and Atli.

Hrunting - Heirloom of the hero Beowulf, this sword was tempered in blood and possess many magical properties.

Mesopotamian Mythology

Rage of Marduk (made to Legendary) - This ancient sword holds all seven winds used by the god Marduk to defeat the monstrous Tiamat. (+1 Warfare, +1 Storm, + Onslaught, +Storm Nimbus, grants skill: War Wind; one of my favorite swords btw)
« Last Edit: 14 November 2019, 11:32:07 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: 14 November 2019, 12:29:39 »
awesomeness

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal