Author Topic: In the electric mist - Journal of a thunderer  (Read 7298 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
In the electric mist - Journal of a thunderer
« on: 16 February 2019, 01:57:24 »
A few months ago, i tried to build a thunderer but it appears soon to be so squishy that i stopped the char. Now with better gear, i make another try in Xmax.

The main objective is to push as far as possible the thunderer main skill: rune weapon. When fully charged at max level, rune weapon increases intelligence by 100%, and 140% at ultimate level, asides from raising elemental damages. Therefore skill rotation implies first rune weapon (with melee or ranged weapon) to gain charges and either a high damaging spell like ligthning bolt, either thunderstrike for discharge.

A high dps should be obtained if the maximum attribute points can be afforded in intelligence for a big boost and no points in strength. 

This tactics implies fighting at close or medium range with a char of terrible health pool. On the other hand, the thunderer has a few means of protection:
- squall
- menhir wall
- energy armor
- sacred rage
- energy shield

But it is unlikely sufficient in Xmax.

So, the first stage consists in leveling up to L55, fighting from afar with iceshards and wearing the best green armor possible.
At L55, the char will be able to wear one of the two sets for mages: Wodan or Freyja's set. Unfortunately Wodan's set is bugged.
At this level, it will be the time to engage with rune weapon skill as a booster for lightening bolt.

This journal will keep track of leveling, difficulties and progress. The char is not expected to survive along the whole journey.
But relative success will be achieved if at the end of legendary, the thunderer will not be a glass-canon mage.

Up to now Tokamak is a young thunderer level 10, ending its first encounter Nessus:
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 16 February 2019, 20:42:21 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: In the electric mist - Journal of a thunderer
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2019, 04:45:08 »
Oh man, why do you spend skill point to both mastery at just lvl10  ???
It more easily to levelup with focus to one mastery at low lvl than both mastery.
And yes, Thunderer is good character, you can using Seal of fate do deal dmg and debuff too, great dmg with high Rune weapon  O0.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2019, 12:29:47 »
Because of Rune of life.

Mobility is another mean of protection and i was happy to have +10% movement speed for hit & run against Nessus.
But i agree, 1 pt in rune weapon is somewhat wasted. I will take it off in Delphi.

you can using Seal of fate do deal dmg and debuff too, great dmg with high Rune weapon
Yea, i should try this  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nimroth

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #3 on: 16 February 2019, 18:09:28 »

The main objective is to push as far as possible the thunderer main skill: rune weapon. Every strike landed increases intelligence by 100% at max level and 140% at ultimate level, asides from raising elemental damages.
I don't think that's how it works. If you are fully charged, you have int increased by 100%(140%).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2019, 20:20:06 »
there's just something i don't like with thrown weapons.. and that's the range.. it's like you are stuck between range and melee.. so when i tried thrown weapon + menhir wall, it didn't go as well as i wanted to.. menhir wall has long range but thrown weapon does not.. oh well corselet of freyja can solve everything
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2019, 20:50:40 »
I don't think that's how it works. If you are fully charged, you have int increased by 100%(140%).
You are right, my formulation was..hazardous. I corrected the tipo.

here's just something i don't like with thrown weapons.. and that's the range.. it's like you are stuck between range and melee
Yes it's the problem, that means close contact in xmax. That's why i intend playing with iceshards until i can get Freyja's set.
I've seen your video, your thunderer did it pretty well while using menhir wall. Is there any drawback with it ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #6 on: 16 February 2019, 21:03:31 »
aside from being gear dependent? the only draw back i can think of is you have to be aware when mobs can get close to you.. like when menhir wall breaks or when some mobs pass through menhir wall.. energy armor will only buy you a few added seconds so it's better to step back and cast another menhir wall
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 17 February 2019, 01:11:16 »
Level 20

Leveling consisted in quickly filling Squall and go up to storm mastery to uncover summon wisp and eye of the storm.
Titan calc

Squall is damn powerfull at low levels. Remembering Mammoth_hunter's thread i played with lvl 36 harpies right at the beginning along the way.
The spell can be casted really far, it seems there is no limit. Without entering into the gorgons arena, i could cast it. Is it a cheesy skill ? Yesss, but that's fun  ;D
Spoiler for Hiden:

Gear & main perks;
Spoiler for Hiden:

Master Seer robe: 10% elemental dmg + Golden Fleece: -15% energy cost
Light winding of acuity: -10% requirments + Amun-Ra's glory: health
Boots of the Valkyrie: +1 to all skills, 18% mov speed + Hermes' sandal: 15% mov speed
Ceremonial circlet: 8% int, 12% experience + Amun-Ra's glory: health
Cartouche ring: 20% elemental dmg, 53% casting speed, -11% energy cost
Storm eye: 18% lightning dmg
Spellbound medallion: 26% elemental dmg, -20% energy cost
Skeletal darts: high base dmg + Zeus' thunderbolt: 33% lightning dmg
Outrider's Buckler: -9% requirments + Turtle shell
Shroud of Eternal Night

In particular, i try to incorporate high armor gear when possible:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit: a question to storm addicts, what is the best way to deal with Typhon: Squall + Spellbreaker + (Lightning bolt or Iceshards ?)

« Last Edit: 17 February 2019, 13:40:15 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2019, 00:47:02 »
Level 30

Time to raise rune mastery. Squall still does the job, with some help of thunderstrike.
Titan calc

As hoped, it has been possible to wear a chest of high armor value for a mage as soon as lvl 25, provided that other weightless items are available.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal