Author Topic: Anyone else having weird weird dreams?  (Read 2360 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Anyone else having weird weird dreams?
« on: 30 August 2018, 12:26:30 »
I have a fascination for the weird dreams. They have seemingly have no meaning but I can't help but to try to find one. Hopefully, some of you enjoy this kind of dream. I'll share you the one I just made.

The dream began in my basement, very early in the morning (around 3AM to 5AM) and my plan was to play some Super Smash Bros. on my Gamecube. I casually turn on the system. The startup logo does its stuff... then something happens.

A new splash screen appeared. The Gamecube logo, much smaller, was appearing at the center of the screen, encircled by a grid. Just below was written the word 'Content'. Also, as the whole thing appeared, some Xbox-360-ish sounds were playing. Since I had never seen this before, I was confused, but I didn't bothered more than that. The screen faded away, and the Gamecube's startup cinematic played again. I knew for a fact there already was the right CD inside even though I hadn't checked. I was starting to become nervous, so I tried to open the CD compartment, but I think this angered the Gamecube, or whatever is responsible for the ongoing mess. As I opened the CD compartment, multiple Gamecube's startup sequences played at once, causing a massive earrape and afraid me. In the fear, I mashed the POWER button and it ultimately turned off after a few attempts.

I had noticed my brother was looking at my direction, he probably was awoken by the previous events. I had told him something was wrong about the Gamecube, but he said he had to go eat a breakfast first, so he ran upstairs. I was again left alone with the Gamecube, I had decided to turn it ON again. The startup screen played normally. Then, something very strange happens.

A game launched automatically. But it wasn't the game from the CD. It wasn't a game I had the chance to play. It wasn't even a Gamecube game! It was none other than Super Mario World for the SNES. At first it made me wonder, where does the game come from? But then, I felt so much like playing ANYTHING so I just sat on the couch, grabbed the controller and navigated through the menus to ultimately start a game. I should've seen what was coming...

The startup sequence launched, sending me out of the game. I nonetheless persisted and wait for the console to launch another game. This time, it looked like it was Pokémon Stadium 2. It sent me directly at the team creation screen. I was halfway done that my brother came back from upstairs. I hastly told him about the issue, that the console wouldn't launch the right game and that it was acting very strange. It probably was due to my inactivity, but the game suddenly switched to Super Smash Bros. Melee. Of course, it threw me in a random screen, this time it wad the No-Contest screen. Something wasn't right though...

I looked closer. You know you see the fighters clapping hands inside a small box? Well... it wasn't any of the regular fighters. It was characters from Mario Golf for the Nintendo 64! I knew at this point it was useless to bother with the console. There was a virus in it, though how could it have even catch a virus in the first place?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal