Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262690 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #75 on: 30 December 2017, 19:37:25 »
Welcome back to the challenge gasconron.  Added to the leaderboard.  Are your toons twinked or are you going self found?  I assume since you're farming it's self found, but let me know if it's not.  And also you're playing the expansion?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #76 on: 30 December 2017, 20:56:24 »
NEVER self-found, I will always and forever be twinked.  :)) See those unusable items in my inventory and those unspent attribute points? This is my generic normal rush I'm just waiting for the right level and attribute points.

Am already farming those new Shiny Legendaries to help my item optimization. AE:R new items so OP. They are so well-rounded stat wise. I hope Devs scale existing items to compete with these things. As for farming, I just do it to get more XP early and Kill Count. I still impose the old challenge requirements on myself cuz' Im so used to it.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: 31 December 2017, 07:09:38 »
Thane:
Finally let go of the Snowball and equipped a SotM I picked up from farming Satyr Camps. Hit my breakpoint and threw away my self found starting gear for Epics to boost my Squall damage. After hitting Level 24 at Gorgons, steam roll mode to Egypt and will probably continue to do so until I need to farm for levels before proceeding to Act 3.

Gonna break for a bit and play League of something. Powerlevelling new toons hurts my eyes.

Active Challenge Characters:
Natashya (Battlemage) 9 - Normal Sparta
Yunah (Thane) 29 - Normal Memphis

« Last Edit: 18 March 2018, 17:20:06 by gasconron »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: 31 December 2017, 09:53:21 »
Updated and good work.  :)

I think reaching the old target isn't really a problem with a straight playthrough.  I always find myself well ahead when I play - and with the expansion now as well it should be pretty easy.  Of course everyone plays the game differently and if you like levelling up early and then blasting along who cares?  That's what you do and you've proven it's extremely effective in this challenge.  ;D

Maybe I should declare new optional targets of 200,000 and 55,000-60,000 for petmancers if people are playing the expansion - what do you all think?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: 31 December 2017, 10:53:35 »
Updated and good work.  :)

I think reaching the old target isn't really a problem with a straight playthrough.  I always find myself well ahead when I play - and with the expansion now as well it should be pretty easy.  Of course everyone plays the game differently and if you like levelling up early and then blasting along who cares?  That's what you do and you've proven it's extremely effective in this challenge.  ;D

Maybe I should declare new optional targets of 200,000 and 55,000-60,000 for petmancers if people are playing the expansion - what do you all think?

Yah, its a cheap but effective way of doing HC runs. Because playing the same start multiple times, you just know/learn where the difficulty spike comes in. You just need to level up to the point that you won't feel the spike as much. You could do this over and over and remain untouched until you start Legendary when the resist penalties kick in and minimums for OA/DA are much higher. Well, this is my first time doing Ragnarok from a new toon, so I'll see how it turns out.

RE: new kill count reqs. I don't really mind, I do petmancers at 50-75k since I spec into pets early Epic anyway and 200k isn't really that bad, but that's just me. A lot of people made a fuss over this kill count req. in the OG thread by "Eric the Red" (bless his soul for getting me into this awesome game).
« Last Edit: 31 December 2017, 11:01:57 by gasconron »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: 31 December 2017, 20:19:35 »
Well, they're just optional targets now if people want to aim for them.  defboy99 and Bonobo4 had pretty much decided that for petmancers at least it was rather silly since it defeated the point of them being petmancers in the first place.  So I just posted them if people want to keep track and see how they compare.  I quite like them just to see how I'm doing in comparison.  Gives me something to aim for besides just staying alive!  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: 01 January 2018, 06:28:02 »
Progress:

Thane
Still ripping through. Gotta slow down and farm a bit. Need to be at least 38-40 before I hit Typhon. And my kill count is a bit low.

Cristina (Battlemage) 9 - Normal Sparta
Yunah (Thane) 36 - Normal Chang An
« Last Edit: 01 January 2018, 06:29:50 by gasconron »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: 01 January 2018, 10:40:35 »
Updated gasconron.  Nearly at the top of the leaderboard at this pace.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: 02 January 2018, 16:56:40 »
Progress:

Thane
Here's my last bit from the weekend. Will take it a bit slower now, and I probably have my next burst of progress next weekend. Nearly at the mid-game with this toon.

As expected from a Storm Character, shutting down Typhon wasn't too hard with continuous Squalls, Spellbreakers and occasional Lightning Strike. Starting to develop my Warfare skills on the side and switch over to dual-wield, once I reach my level requirements for my gear.

Cristina (Battlemage) 9 - Normal Sparta
Yunah (Thane) 41 - Styx
« Last Edit: 02 January 2018, 17:08:18 by gasconron »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: 02 January 2018, 17:02:23 »
Well done gasconron and to the top of the leaderboard you go.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: 13 January 2018, 15:43:26 »
I had an untwinked ranger months ago in this challenge. If I ever partake in the challenge again I'll continue with said character. I think it was in epic act 1 around level 55. And had pretty sweet items. :)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: 13 January 2018, 16:10:10 »
Yes, give me the details when you start again so I can add it to the leaderboard TheBonobo4.  The more the merrier as they say.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 1cec0ld

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: 13 January 2018, 19:50:48 »
I'll throw my weight in, Sign up Twinkle, my newest Assassin, who will use Poison to get as far as Alastor, then switch to Traps+Standard for the remainder, throwing out Doom Horns and Flash Powder in the tough scrapes.
Side note, I miss my Throwing Knife penetration chance  :'(

Other side note, @MedeaFleecestealer the link to gasconron's tactics on the OP is pointing to byehost's dead site.

Killed Nessus, and currently have 8-3 in the Envenom Weapon tree, 6 in Weapon Training, two Tainted Rings, a Fibula of Guile, a Tainted Bow with Artemis Relic, and 2 ____ of Recovery armors. Everything else is trash I picked up.
Waiting for level 10 so I can use a nice Skeletal Dart item for super fast ranged poison application. Then I might just spec into Int for more energy, cooldown items, and cast time on my traps and such.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: 13 January 2018, 20:36:19 »
Thanks for the reminder 1cec0ld, I've replaced the link with the proper one.  Forgotten I'd put it in the OP and that it would change once we moved.  :o

Added to the leaderboard, but where are you exactly, twinked or not and playing the expansion?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: 13 January 2018, 21:31:25 »

Side note, I miss my Throwing Knife penetration chance  :'(

but the rebalance is needed.. throwing knife has been buffed enough.. we don't need another buff or we'll get those broken OP toons again
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal