Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - Presentation, changelogs, downloads  (Read 182621 times)

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Soulvizier AERA - Presentation, changelogs, downloads [1.9 RELEASED]
« Reply #135 on: 02 January 2021, 04:01:54 »
Gratz on 1.9 release! I saw your showcase of new mercenaries, really impressive work.

Offline nijogol

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Soulvizier AERA - Presentation, changelogs, downloads [1.9 RELEASED]
« Reply #136 on: 03 January 2021, 05:15:37 »
We hope that the link to the template file will soon become an opportunity

That's right
It would be nice if a lot of parts could be translated (skill explanations, etc.), but I know it is difficult in reality.

You also reworked skills except for adding skills.
I am curious what direction it was designed in.
For example, nerfing powerful skills, buffing skills that do not use?
Do you think it will be a problem to progress even if you have an unfamiliar class combination?

Congratulations on completing version 1.9
thank you for the reply
I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Soulvizier AERA - Presentation, changelogs, downloads [1.9b RELEASED]
« Reply #137 on: 03 January 2021, 16:15:04 »
1.9b hotfix
Fixed duplicate Nature skill (Permanence of Stone)
Added missing Machae animations (fixes throwing wepon users)
AE resistance changes brought to several creatures

If you used the new Nature passive skill that has no connection (above Thorn Sprites), remove your points from the skill before updating
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline arbo1234

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Soulvizier AERA - Presentation, changelogs, downloads [1.9b RELEASED]
« Reply #138 on: 04 January 2021, 05:19:24 »
de

I'll ask you to avoid such spam posts for the future
~ Nargil66
« Last Edit: 17 January 2021, 11:17:56 by nargil66 »

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Does this version work with the latest controller beta, or do we need to wait for a compatibility update?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Does this version work with the latest controller beta, or do we need to wait for a compatibility update?
I will wait the official patch before updating.
I heard the beta patch can cause issues with mods, like texture incompatibility or some crashes.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Ninakoru

• View Profile
    • Awards
Yeah, also, they removed a lot of unused assets that could be used by mods, they are aware, I hope they fix it.

Offline Accolon

• View Profile
    • Awards
Here is all rings with req prefix(*) for Azorian Ring:
Spoiler for Hiden:
reagent1BaseName,Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring05b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring05b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring05b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring05b.dbr,
---
(*) reagent1PrefixName,records\item\lootmagicalaffixes\prefix\default\character_attributeenergy_01.dbr,

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Here is all rings with req prefix(*) for Azorian Ring:
Spoiler for Hiden:
reagent1BaseName,Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C01_Ring05b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C02_Ring05b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring01.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring02.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring03.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring04.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring05.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C03_Ring05b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring01b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring02b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring03b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring04b.dbr;Records\Item\EquipmentRing\C04_Ring05b.dbr,
---
(*) reagent1PrefixName,records\item\lootmagicalaffixes\prefix\default\character_attributeenergy_01.dbr,

What do you mean ? Is there anything wrong ?

Offline Accolon

• View Profile
    • Awards
Still, not all rings with character_attributeenergy_01 considered as suitable for Azorian Ring's formula in 1.9b. You can compare the represented line (in spoiler) with the one used in the formula in 1.9b (*).
----
(*) records\item\formulas\n_azorianring_formula.dbr

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Still, not all rings with character_attributeenergy_01 considered as suitable for Azorian Ring's formula in 1.9b. You can compare the represented line (in spoiler) with the one used in the formula in 1.9b (*).
----
(*) records\item\formulas\n_azorianring_formula.dbr
Yeah, that's intended.

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
I like a lot of the changes, the extra spawns, the new monsters, the revised skill trees and so on... But i'm seriously questioning this:

- Greatly increased difficulty : more monsters, tougher, with more damage

Why? Because the original Immortal Throne's Underlord and Soulvizier were both an unbalanced mess. Is this going to be the same thing? If yes, then sorry but i'll pass.

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Why? Because the original Immortal Throne's Underlord and Soulvizier were both an unbalanced mess. Is this going to be the same thing? If yes, then sorry but i'll pass.
I'm doesn't like balance (or absence of balance in my *personal* taste) in SV-AERA, but, just playing in this mod gives challenging experience. Period. Not impossible to win, not too easy. Sometimes when you don't know something ahead - it is might be too hard, but otherwise for veteran players - it just offer playable level of challenge where you doesn't want go to sleep all the time. You might like it, you might not like it. It is up to you, but there is non-constructive generally. What you think should be changed to make mod better?

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
^^^I can't suggest any change to this new version of Soulvizier, as i haven't tried it yet... That's why i asked if the balancing is the same as the old Underlord which i actually played a lot, or at least enough to say it wasn't a very well executed mod... it had great ideas but the balance was really bad, the game was downright unfair to the player. For example, you start the game and it's just crushingly difficult in act 1, but then act 2 is a walk in the park, then act 3 and 4 are pure torture again, but then again the first two acts of epic are just plain easy. Now, i know that acts 3 and 4 spike in difficulty in the vanilla game too, but not like that, not like this mod.

Here's the thing about the current Titan Quest AE/Ragnarock/Atlantis. I can think of any combination of masteries, with any combination of skills and i just know that somewhere in the game there's the right gear to make my idea work. Everything can be viable... and by viable i don't mean beating legendary with 150 deaths, no. The game is not the hardest ARPG out there but it's not easy if we talk about completing all 3 difficulties with no deaths, which is something i'm always aiming to do with my characters, because the game doesn't have an actual hardcore mode. In Underlord that wasn't the case, the difficulty was so artificially bumped that it made a ton of builds not viable. You might have all your resistances maxed with decent amounts of DA and still get destroyed by some overpowered hero, without having the time to counter attack. Also, doubling the potion cooldown was a total bs!

Then we have stupid decisions like adding some terrible and extremely tough to kill mana draining gigantes (with a mana drain attack that is impossible to avoid) in the Hades fight, making it near impossible to win without dying a couple of times... and don't even get me started with the increase spawns of gigantes just before Hades where i often got 2 or even 3 Dactyls at once. How do you deal with that on a melee character? Does the developer even play-test his own creation, or this is some sick joke, designed to piss off TQ players?

That's all i can say about the bad balancing of difficulty and enemies... probably i can say a lot more, but a lot of my bad memories with Underlord have faded over the years, after all, i haven't touched it since 2013 and i never will.

There's a way to make a mod interesting and challenging without making the enemies have a ton of more health and deal a ton of more damage... that only will make the game more annoying that anything. The proper way would be to gradually increase the difficulty, but not by making the enemies just annihilate you with 2 hits, but by increasing the spawns in higher difficulties and by rebalancing the skills and builds that are overpowered. I personally would leave normal difficulty as it is in the vanilla game, just keep the new hero spawns (just don't make them overpowered) and the quality of life features of course.

So i'm asking, is this mod the same unbalanced mess as Underlord?

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
So i'm asking, is this mod the same unbalanced mess as Underlord?

Sorry, can't write detailed answer now. In short I suggest give a chance to the SV-AERA.

Even if it has some issues, still many things done with love. At start it easy actually (and this handled as special case by developers). Some things require polishing, but there is also new features exist, like mercenary contracts or new item affixes. Sometimes bad events happens just on bad luck: you may meet already hard hero which equiped with random item which muliply it's power (meaning if hero already drain mana or life, on top of this it may roll draining life weapon and you need somehow adapt, for example ranged alt weapon + kiting, or other genuine tactics).

As for 1/2/3/4 act difficulty spikes, - it is original game issue. + Anniversary additions (like increased character regen) makes you semi-godly tank just from start. Level progression makes you heavily overleveled at start of act 2 whatever you do (for completionist but each map cleared only once).  I'm would not play in TQAE without mods under any case.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal