Author Topic: Throwing Weapons  (Read 2478 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cashondeliveri

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Throwing Weapons
« on: 07 January 2023, 10:54:59 »
There is something regarding throwing weapons that i'm not quite clear on. It's possible to dual-wield them and i wonder what effect this has. do you attack with both weapons or will the second weapon just provide you with the stats it has? How about the dual-wield skills that warrior and runemaster has, will they be used and be procced by dual throwing weapons? Somewhere someone mentioned that Runemaster's Thunder Strike would produce 10 projectiles instead of the usual 5 when dual-wielding thrown weapons. Can anyone confirm this? Appreciate any info you can provide and feel free to give me any tips and tricks for playing a dual-wielding throwing weapon character.

P.S. Asked a few questions on steam as well. would great if anyone headed over there and help me out a bit more   :D

https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/3759975793245797885/
« Last Edit: 07 January 2023, 14:08:46 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Throwing Weapons
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2023, 01:15:28 »
Dual-wielding you throw both weapons, and the weapon thrown will be at random, with the occasional time where both of them are thrown at once;

You gain global effects (eg Resistances) from both of them at all times, but on-hit effects (eg Attack Damage Converted to Health from the weapon) are only triggered when the weapon itself is used;

Throwing weapons work to proc both the Rune tree and the Warrior tree. Throwing weapon warrior mixes are an incredibly potent build set basis for physical throwing weapon builds (for Int conversion builds, just use Rune).

I also had a quick look at your Steam post. Maxing primary resists is always a good start, but beyond that, the best defence becomes a strong offence, particularly on mid-Epic and Legendary. At higher levels, enemies will simply overpower you, and if you can’t put them down rapidly they’ll swarm and overwhelm you. Don’t worry about maxing physical and secondary resists, it’s very difficult to do and you won’t face enemies with each secondary resist enough to be worth it.

Dodge/Avoid attacks are cool, but very difficult to stack, and if you can get to the max of 80%, the cost of capping it will be that the attacks that do get through could one-hit you. Have a bit if you want, but don’t max it.

Defensive and Offensive Ability, however, are super important. With low DA, enemies will always Crit you, and with low OA, you’ll never hit enemies. In general, physical attackers should go 1:1 Str/Dex, while Int users should go 2:1 Int/Dex, with the occasional health points sprinkled in.

In conclusion, good DA and near-maxed primary resists is enough defensive-wise. These are all my own opinions, and others please do feel free to correct me, but I think the only viable defensive build is damage reflect Evoker. With Icescale armour and Athena’s Shield and the Dream perks, you can create a viable reflected that can melt mobs without attacking. Super OP (apparently), but massively gear dependent. There are a lot of videos on YouTube you could check out.

Hope that helps!

AER/A Mobile Deathless x3:
Bleed caster Warlock / hybrid melee Oracle / caster Conjurer

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Vio

• aka Violos
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Throwing Weapons
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2023, 11:09:31 »
Aware that this is old, but mind that you don't need any OA to hit with throwing weapons.

Also the dual attack proc from Warfare works but Cross Cut and Tumult do not.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal