Author Topic: Greetings Everyone!  (Read 6369 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nooxy

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Greetings Everyone!
« on: 10 March 2021, 05:55:04 »
Hello!

My name is Nooxy, I've decided to give this game a try. It is really hard. I'm currently following clex plays youtube channel to get through the acts. I've made it to the end of act 3 ( when you fight the gargantuan guy who throws meteors, breaths fire/purple/ice ). He completely bodied my conqueror due to his spammable barrage of abilities.

One thing I've noticed is this game is not very newb friendly. The story does not hold your hand. I found it hard to find a really in-depth character guide listing all early game items, where to find them, when to put what points where, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction of the most in depth ones.

I really want to play the all yellow hardcore summoner build by @letsrock https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1484695249

But it just isn't in depth enough. I feel this game would be much more popular if there were more newb friendly guides. Hopefully the right person reads this and makes some!

One more thing! I found out through youtube that you can farm Stonebinder's Cuffs inside the labyrinth from gorgons. Although if you look here https://tq-db.net/en/equipment/stonebinder's-cuffs-normal on the TQDatabase, it doesn't even say they can drop from those yellow mobs. Is the TQ Database even accurate?  :o

Thank you all for this lovely site though! I hope I can make it further into the depths of this game. Please post how you learned to play this game! All newb friendly, in depth guides will help me a lot!

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Ninakoru

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Greetings Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2021, 10:40:05 »
« Last Rated on: 10 March 2021, 14:29:43 »
Welcome to the forums!

Stonebinder cuff drop from Queen Gorgons and Ranged Champion Gorgons (Yellow name) and Heroes.

TQ Database monsters only reflect hero-types, most Monster Infrequents drop also from common and champion mobs of the same type and act.

Clex videos are a great source and guide for the game. He plays more on the safe side though, many people prefer more risk/reward builds (glass cannons).

The game is very old so by design (from a 15? year old game) is not very beginner-friendly. If you follow Clex advice on levelling skills, you have half of it done. Has some spikes, Act 1 is harder than Act 2 and Act 3/Act 4 could be hell at some point if you don't prepare properly (usually due to poor dexterity > Defensive Ability or Resistances).

I learned through trial and error, I owned the original CR-ROM game back when was published in Europe for the very first time, also bought IT when it came to stores. Back then you didn't know your build was not sucessful until Act 3 Epic or Legendary, the game was far less balances and an unwise attribute and skill spread could break your build easily.

I also learned a lot from Clex videos much later, another point of view and some clear perspectives really help. And yeah, we may miss some really good guides to help newcomers...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nooxy

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2021, 14:48:51 »
Thank you for your reply!

It's crazy you owned the original disc from 15 years ago! I've played through the game now as his dragon hunter, and his conqueror. Both stopping at the end of act 3 Fighting Typhon I believe. I will probably continue my conqueror later. Learn more about the fight through other videos, or maybe the Wikipedia. Hopefully I can get through it, as two spell hit from him seem pretty deadly.

I kept getting the itch to just re-roll. Which I don't have a problem with. I'll just get better at leveling through the acts and progress when I'm ready.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2021, 16:58:17 »
« Last Rated on: 10 March 2021, 17:11:48 »
TQ wiki is being updated with a semi regularity , wich is very good.

I wont trust much TQ database, while can be a good tool to take a look on certain aspects, in others is lacking, as some drops localization on some itens with recent expansions.

Anyway Welcome :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nooxy

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2021, 17:32:40 »
Thank you very much for the welcome!

I will have to check out the TQ Wikipedia, I haven't really been checking that place out.

PS. I managed to kill typhon on my conqueror pretty easily after realizing he had reflect damage.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2021, 19:21:58 »
« Last Rated on: 10 March 2021, 21:50:33 »

I will have to check out the TQ Wikipedia, I haven't really been checking that place out.

PS. I managed to kill typhon on my conqueror pretty easily after realizing he had reflect damage.

When he have the thorns on his skin dont attack him ( it causes reflection dmg)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2021, 20:08:48 »
« Last Rated on: 10 March 2021, 21:50:38 »
lol @sauruz

Guy gets bodied by Typhon Reflect damage: OMG I got killed, if only I had known it was reflect damage
sauruz: Yeah, I probably should have told you earlier. Well, see ya

:D

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2021, 20:11:38 »
« Last Rated on: 10 March 2021, 21:50:48 »

When he have the thorns on his skin dont attack him ( it causes reflection dmg)
Screenshot?
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Nooxy

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10 March 2021, 21:41:52 »

https://imgur.com/a/USF0IkH

This is typhon with his thorns activated. See the spikes? With the spikes on he deals reflected damage

Not Yet Rated!

Offline jhon539

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +9
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2021, 10:05:08 »
Welcome, I am also new here.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2021, 17:45:48 »
Hello there! Youtube is a good place to start for build guides. Clex Plays is a fantastic channel, though sadly he stopped uploading a long time ago. You can also check the Game Attendant's farming guide, which will give you good starting ideas of where to get items on your self-found characters. The channel r.Ω.m. can give you some interesting themed build ideas, and he also has very useful guides for new players. He also regularly streams on twitch and you can ask him any question there, he will help you.

Whatever you do, just avoid the Almar Winfield channel at all costs - that guy is a total noob, who plays the game for less than a year and he already thinks he can make guides. Well, his "guides" are filled to the brim with mistakes and lies that will make your characters more inefficient. Yes, fo real, if you want to make Templar with a socketed pierce damage relic in his weapon, or add a 40% pierce resist relic to your Stonebiner's Cuffs even though your pierce resist is already maxed without it, while at the same time your poison resist is at negative 40%  - go ahead and follow him :D  He also uploads useless
 location "guides" of places that are obvious even to new players, and he does it only so he can spam content on youtube and his garbage site. You want to know where the Gorgon Queens location is? Even though there's no way to miss their location, no matter what you do? Go watch his useless video, he will tell you where this 100% unmissable location is. He'll also lie to you that the queens are the best location for the Stonebiner's farming and if you try to correct him on that, he will delete your comment and block you.
« Last Edit: 02 June 2021, 18:00:58 by Zardoz »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal