Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General discussion  (Read 69177 times)

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Soulvizier AERA
« Reply #240 on: 02 February 2020, 18:38:57 »
Interesting question, did TQ developers contact to you? Because you have so much good features in the game, also you have awesome skill sets ( I think it's all should be in original game)
No, they didn't.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: 02 February 2020, 23:08:41 »
Next update is delayed a bit, I just want to make some improvements to act 5 heroes, so they are not as squishy and harmless (will still be WIP).
ETA of 1.3 is Monday or Tuesday.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Florek

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: 04 February 2020, 21:00:39 »
After a very long break from TQ i'm happy that Soulvizier is still supported and developed. Hope soon it will be released for a larger group of players because i can't wait to play it once again. Also i hope TQ developers someday will introduce two handed melee weapons. Great job soa.

Offline xllxllx

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +4
« Reply #243 on: 04 February 2020, 22:41:44 »
Hello ! Sorry for googl translate. How can I join the beta test?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: 04 February 2020, 23:53:13 »
Soulvizier v1.3 is out (now sending to participants). See changelog attached.

If you play Runes, and have skill points in Runic Warrior even if it is bugged, you may lose skill points in Runic Warrior when loading version 1.3.
So delete the skill points in this skill with the Mystic before loading 1.3.
After that, you will need at least 1 point in Runic Golem (new skill replacing the Runic Warrior) to use Guardian Stones.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2020, 00:02:16 by soa »

Offline Florek

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: 05 February 2020, 00:15:23 »
If you need one more tester, i'll gladly try to help you in finding bugs.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: 05 February 2020, 00:28:20 »
Hello ! Sorry for googl translate. How can I join the beta test?
Hello, now the inscriptions are closed. I'll need several more weeks before releasing the mod to the public.

Offline Argus_Panoptes

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #247 on: 07 February 2020, 18:05:47 »
Soulvizier v1.3 is out (now sending to participants). See changelog attached.

Good afternoon dear friends. I follow updates of this mod with great attention and would like to know if it is possible to get the current build for beta testing? I understand that this version is not yet polished, so I will be glad to share any feedback

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: 07 February 2020, 19:57:36 »
@soa
Regarding Atlantis Arena:
When Tartarus is defeated, it still shows the monster as undefeated.
Is there a desync between Tartarus (due to maybe properties change) and the arena?

------------

@soa
Regarding "Ancestral Horn" and "Unyielding Phalanx":
Are they meant to be exclusive for pet builds?

If no:
Is there a possibility to add bonus based on player instead of pet bonuses?
 - Maybe even as alternative additional pet skill but scaling based on player (so there will be one skill based on pet- another on player-bonus).

------------

Increasing physical resistance is very, very hard. How important is it (outside armor) to raise it and what is the optimal level?

------------

From Atlantis mobs:
Splint armbands - Is totally empty, even with suffix (example "of the Tinkerer").
Doration - Is totally empty, even with suffix (example "of the Tinkerer").

is just two examples. (probably general game issue).

- Tinkerer is a vanilla problem. Actually it's not really a bug, it's just that people don't know what Tinkerer suffix does and they think something is wrong. It allows you to socket 2 relics on the item.

The prefix is missing (although, I have seen it for shields) when they have Tinkerer suffix.

------------
@soa
Triteia's Dress:
Missing stat (note non-tinker suffix)

------------

@Soa:
Is there a collection/database/sheet of all the souls? And maybe where the monsters can be found holding them (especially when they are exclusive for SV)?
Example: The formula: Calybe's Soulcrux
https://alchetron.com/Calybe

------------

@soa
- My character's lvl now is 39, go to Prism Rose of Act5 Normal. It's seems game not hard as before.
- This Heroes Monster seems too strong, i don't think any melee build with sell found normal gears (or even good gears) can kill her at that moment.

Well you can't say that, as your resistances and health is very, very low.

I haven't fought her yet, but with my stats I should have easy time defeating (maybe 1-2 deaths, but still a win in the long run).

-------

Regarding LifeLeech resistance and lack of items:
I just recently found two AWSOME items that blows my LL res to the ROOF, and to top it off, they have other types of good res:

Resistances are very important in SV (very true for Pierce due to range attacks).
Having 60%+ on all is my goal, even if it's very hard.

« Last Edit: 07 February 2020, 21:21:18 by Groom »

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #249 on: 07 February 2020, 21:24:56 »
@Groom So you think your way to play is standard, and other must follow your way to play?
 ::)

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: 07 February 2020, 22:33:44 »
Regarding Atlantis Arena:
When Tartarus is defeated, it still shows the monster as undefeated.
Is there a desync between Tartarus (due to maybe properties change) and the arena?
I haven't changed anything in Tartarus. If there is a bug, it's an official game bug. It seems the recent update broke things instead of fixing them.

Regarding "Ancestral Horn" and "Unyielding Phalanx":
Are they meant to be exclusive for pet builds?
If no:
Is there a possibility to add bonus based on player instead of pet bonuses?
 - Maybe even as alternative additional pet skill but scaling based on player (so there will be one skill based on pet- another on player-bonus).

They are meant for the same as in vanilla, at least for now. So not necessarily for pure petmancers.
Ancestral warriors + Lasting Legacy may be too strong. Maybe I should change lasting legacy with more bonus to lifetime but reduced power and resistance for the pets.
I can't make the pets scale with the player level. there's no option for that. If there was one, it would be a lot better than the current situation where you have to give every now and then a big buff to pets (act 3 yeti quest, beginning epic and legendary difficulty) in order to make them competitive. It's not a smooth progression.
All I can do is create another skill that improve these pets, but they are already very strong.

Increasing physical resistance is very, very hard. How important is it (outside armor) to raise it and what is the optimal level?
Before, in SV, Boar Hide increased Physical resist, but I changed it to Bleed like in AE because Bleed resist is lower in Epic/Legendary and it scales with DEX.
But Conqueror is one of the classes that has a very easy time for Physical resistance improvement :
- Defense mastery bar gives +10%
- Warfare Ignore Pain gives +15% at max level and +20% at ultimate level
- Defense gives loads of armor, so you take even less Physical Damage.
Anyways, even with no + skills, in a fight we're talking at least 25% Physical resistance from the masteries only + loads of armor and an improved shield. That's big.
Maybe you think you should aim for the same values for Physical resistance as the other damage types, but that's not true. You don't get reduced Physical resistance penalty in Epic/Legendary, that's a reason it's harder to get it high.

For any class, Dionysus Wineskin gives you 6%, Dragon Blood 10/15/20% chance of +100%. These are not so hard to find.
Veteran prefix on chest armor gives you around 15% Physical too. In SV, there are also new affixes or modified vanilla affixes that now give Physical resistance.

I don't know the "optimal level", but you definitely should not aim for a 60% minimum on this, if that hampers your damage or other resistances and such. I think 25% (as soon as you have an Onslaught charge) + big armor and shield is already good. Of course you could improve but I wouldn't make it a priority.

- Tinkerer is a vanilla problem. Actually it's not really a bug, it's just that people don't know what Tinkerer suffix does and they think something is wrong. It allows you to socket 2 relics on the item.

The prefix is missing (although, I have seen it for shields) when they have Tinkerer suffix.
Not really sure of what you saw. Take a screen or send me a save, because I don't believe there is something wrong with these specific items.
Maybe another official game bug. I haven't changed the Tinkerer suffix, and now it only spawns in Atlantis, I haven't modded Atlantis items.

Triteia's Dress:
Missing stat (note non-tinker suffix)
Official game bug. Many Atlantis items are not finished and empty. I will fix at some point if they don't make a patch for it.

Is there a collection/database/sheet of all the souls? And maybe where the monsters can be found holding them (especially when they are exclusive for SV)?
Today, there is no proper soul database I can share.
At some point, when I'll have time, I'll try to learn how to make a complete SV database like TQ-DB.net or the Shadow Champions one.
Alternatively, or maybe in addition, I'll create special new merchants ingame that sell dummy formulas for soul creation. So you can at least see them ingame.
It could be in the form of a friendly merchant with a monster skin, selling formulas for the monsters of the same type as him in the act. So it can give you some basic indication of what drops where.
« Last Edit: 07 February 2020, 22:42:52 by soa »

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: 08 February 2020, 02:50:56 »

Not really sure of what you saw. Take a screen or send me a save, because I don't believe there is something wrong with these specific items.
Maybe another official game bug. I haven't changed the Tinkerer suffix, and now it only spawns in Atlantis, I haven't modded Atlantis items.

Maybe I saw items that had very long name (without the prefix XYZ's) and thought it was missing stats.
If I find any in the future, I will try to keep them and post it (rather than sell first).

Today, there is no proper soul database I can share.
At some point, when I'll have time, I'll try to learn how to make a complete SV database like TQ-DB.net or the Shadow Champions one.
Alternatively, or maybe in addition, I'll create special new merchants ingame that sell dummy formulas for soul creation. So you can at least see them ingame.
It could be in the form of a friendly merchant with a monster skin, selling formulas for the monsters of the same type as him in the act. So it can give you some basic indication of what drops where.

Could you kindly provide stats for the Typhon soul?
I want see if it's worth the farming and maybe you can tell what the odds are for the drop? (have done 40 runs so far, no drop)

--------------

Spellbreaker's Panoply
The boots are missing name tag

--------------
Just an idea (in future SV):
Maybe create something called Soulshards, where you gather (specific) fractions (having a % chance to drop) of souls from the (specific) monster you are farming.
Say: 40 Typhon soul-fractions from Typhon will give you the Typhon Soul-ring (formula sold by merchant in first town of act X?). So there is an alternative route/chance to aquire the soulring.

Diablo 2 mod: Median XL Sigma have something called Trophy fragments (as the chance to drop the trophy itself was very low and the bosses were really long and  hard):
"7% chance to drop a trophy fragment on Hell difficulty."
« Last Edit: 08 February 2020, 03:02:48 by Groom »

Offline Groom

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: 08 February 2020, 03:50:00 »
@Groom So you think your way to play is standard, and other must follow your way to play?
 ::)

No =)
I'm just saying that logically, it will be more difficult to survive with low resistances & HP.

It's hard for someone to determine if X-class/build will be able to defeat X-monster, judging the difficulty based on their low resistance & hp build for that specific encounter in act X normal/epic/legendary.
[Let's say the standard measure amount (exclude any flat or percentage damage reduction, block/parry/dodge, regen, life leech data) for any given Resistance type and health points (HP) is :
Normal game (acts 1/2/3/4/5): 10% & 1000 HP /20% & 1300 HP /30% & 1600 HP /40% & 1900 HP /50% & 2100 HP  and physical resistance is 0%/5%/10%/10%/15%.
Epic: ...
Legendary: ...
]

This all res XX% & hp // phys res YY % will be the (CORE/base) benchmark to determine the difficulty of the monster X in act Y normal/epic/legendary.
And then you can state which build that might have trouble (which might require the testing).

It will not give an accurate data if we find the difficulty for obstacle X is based on resistanc of 5% 500 HP // 3% in act 4.
This might result in wrongfully nerf the X-monster or result in X-skill being overpowered.

It's too bad the ingame doesn't provide an easy grasp of the total amount of X-res, that is not mentioned in the character window (both tab data windows).
You can only count it manually yourself...

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #253 on: 08 February 2020, 07:21:28 »
It could also be done by unlock code that drops them... but then it will be cheating and will ruin the fun

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: 08 February 2020, 11:34:09 »
Could you kindly provide stats for the Typhon soul?
I want see if it's worth the farming and maybe you can tell what the odds are for the drop? (have done 40 runs so far, no drop)
Currently the stats are as follows for N/E/L difficulty :

-18/20/26% Total Speed
+17/28/38% Physical damage
+20/33/42% Elemental damage
+40/57/78% Life Leech
+40/58/72% Energy Leech
25/31/43% Elemental resist
10/11/13% Physical resist
+200/328/418 Health
+150/272/338 Energy
+16/22/31 Strength
+16/22/31 Dexterity
+16/25/30 Intelligence
+1 to All Skills
Grants skill : Meteor Storm (lvl 1/2/3, Cd 20s, 156/159/161 Energy Cost, 8 projectiles, 3m explosion radius, 177-236/184-245/191-254 Fire damage, 211-240/228-264/246-290 Physical damage)

Drop rate : 1,5% (in theory requires a mean of 66-67 runs)
Level req : around 45/61/73

Spellbreaker's Panoply
The boots are missing name tag
Will fix in 1.4

Just an idea (in future SV):
Maybe create something called Soulshards, where you gather (specific) fractions (having a % chance to drop) of souls from the (specific) monster you are farming.
Say: 40 Typhon soul-fractions from Typhon will give you the Typhon Soul-ring (formula sold by merchant in first town of act X?). So there is an alternative route/chance to aquire the soulring.
Diablo 2 mod: Median XL Sigma have something called Trophy fragments (as the chance to drop the trophy itself was very low and the bosses were really long and  hard):
"7% chance to drop a trophy fragment on Hell difficulty."
I'd like to reduce or limit inventory cluttering and in the future, provides ways to recycle the souls you don't need. Giving soul fragments would create even more clutter (+the work needed to create this system), and once you would have, say Typhon soul, either in one piece from the boss or from the 40 fragments, everytime you would farm the boss, you may get new fragments that would be useless until you complete them.
I'd rather create a Soul Seal formula for every act that allows you to recycle you souls into a Soul Seal. And maybe 3 soul seals would give you a random soul or be used for another craft system (craft MIs, etc.). That way dropping a soul that isn't good for your character would still be a good news, because you'd be able to reuse it somehow. and you wouldn't add, on top of souls, many soul shards cluttering the inventory even more.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal