Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General discussion  (Read 68135 times)

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: Soulvizier AERA
« Reply #120 on: 05 January 2020, 10:18:53 »
Also, there are a few things i think you should look at and improve (i feel like the dev had a lot of good ideas, but were to lazy to corectly implement them in the game)

There are a few physical staff:
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/carnyx-staff
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/faxi-staff
https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/staff-of-the-covenant

Given TQ is strongly dependant on stats for damage, why i will invest 600+ int on a staff that deals physical damage?

This is an example of some stuff that may need rework. I just pinpoint it so you could try to make it usefull.
I already do some build that using staff with physical dmg as main dmg source.

@soa :
- Some rat's Heroes seems quite dangerous with 2 AoE attack 360degree around him, very good dmg can be 1 shot killed glass cannon build, the recharge seems very low, so they cast it very often. I still can't attachs picture so i just mention by words.
- My character now is lvl30, and was defeated Typhon.
- Story and side quest bosses of act3 (Barmanu, Bandari, Yaoguai, Ormenos Telkine) and Typhon seems not much dangerous enough, actually some Heroes monster is much more dangerous than them. My character doesn't die anytime when facing those bosses.
- Runic Warriors can't die, so they can provoke enemies attack them when character run out of enemies then enemies close to Runic Warriors, and you can abuse this to attacks enemies without taking hits in d uration.
- And yes, i can't pass to act4 because there is no portal appear after defeated Typhon.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2020, 20:25:23 by icefreeze »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #121 on: 05 January 2020, 21:05:07 »
Version 1.1 is out.

Every beta tester should have received his link by private message, contact me if you haven't

See attached publicly shared files :
- changelog from version 1.0
- notes about the new recycling system
- notes about some WIP things that need to be tested or improved in the future
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: 05 January 2020, 21:27:11 »
@soa :
- Story and side quest bosses of act3 (Barmanu, Bandari, Yaoguai, Ormenos Telkine) and Typhon seems not much dangerous enough, actually some Heroes monster is much more dangerous than them. My character doesn't die anytime when facing those bosses.
- Runic Warriors can't die, so they can provoke enemies attack them when character run out of enemies then enemies close to Runic Warriors, and you can abuse this to attacks enemies without taking hits in d uration.

- Runic Warrior : don't use it as an exploit. It is bugged, he's still there in 1.1 version but I'll remove it until it is fixed in next version.
- A3 bosses : there may be some work to do with them. Do you play the fights "fairly" or do you abuse spell casting while staying in a place the boss can't reach ? Do you have souls and mercenary contracts ?
The strange thing is that in SV: AER v1.0, I haven't really changed the balance of these particular bosses from classic SV. And from what I can remember they had a good balance.
I mean, in Normal SV AER bosses have a bit reduced resistances (+0% instead of 10% in classic SV), less life (+10% instead of +20%), less regeneration (+0% instead of +25%, only since v1.1), less damage (+5% instead of +10%, only since v1.1) but this is also applied to heroes, and all monsters from A1 and A2, and these changes are mostly here so that untwinked chars can have an easier progression. So these shouldn't make the A3 bosses look particularly weak.
I will wait for other testers feedback to see if everyone has the same issue.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline Vadumee

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: 06 January 2020, 01:27:56 »
I made some quick tests regarding some modifications or skills which needed to be tested (for skills I tested them at max level with an accomplished hero).

- The mayhem and ravage of time works fine, although since the first is a mind control, it sometimes MC every ennemy, creating a weird situation where everyone is you ally and you can't kill anybody (this was with the skill at max level tho).
- Elemental fury should be tested with a higher character (like at least in epic difficulty), well equiped to see how the damage scales, because with all the flat elemental damage & the +% elemental damage & conversion, it's kind of strong even with a weak weapon, I had a bow which gave me 110 dmg per arrow, but with elemental fury + the synergy skill I was doing around 600 per arrow.
- I had a few relics drop, and one minor seal, so the update of lootpool for relics seems to work fine.
- Minotaur Lord's auto attack are more manageable, he does around 120-140 dmg without onslaught, so melee characters should have less trouble with him, but the real problem is with ground attack, it still does 360 damage per tick, and sometimes can tick 5 times (this is not a joke, I was hit by it with my level 32 character and got one shot because of the 5*360 damages)
- Ormenos's boulder attack is fine as it is i think, deals around 1600 damage, should be threatening enough to avoid it, but not a death sentence (at least in normal), i tried to see what his other attacks were doing by fighting him without pet, and his vitality auto-attack actually deals a ton of damage (i never took one on my previous fights with him), just ONE of this projectile deals around 2000 damage for the whole duration of the dot, and he spam them two by two, i think we either have to build a lot of vitality resistance (well i think it's vitality damage) or we can't fight in melee at all.

I'll try to test skills with non-accomplished heroes to see how it goes on very early game, in addition to the non-tested one.

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: 06 January 2020, 05:51:39 »
- Runic Warrior : don't use it as an exploit. It is bugged, he's still there in 1.1 version but I'll remove it until it is fixed in next version.
- A3 bosses : there may be some work to do with them. Do you play the fights "fairly" or do you abuse spell casting while staying in a place the boss can't reach ? Do you have souls and mercenary contracts ?
The strange thing is that in SV: AER v1.0, I haven't really changed the balance of these particular bosses from classic SV. And from what I can remember they had a good balance.
I mean, in Normal SV AER bosses have a bit reduced resistances (+0% instead of 10% in classic SV), less life (+10% instead of +20%), less regeneration (+0% instead of +25%, only since v1.1), less damage (+5% instead of +10%, only since v1.1) but this is also applied to heroes, and all monsters from A1 and A2, and these changes are mostly here so that untwinked chars can have an easier progression. So these shouldn't make the A3 bosses look particularly weak.
I will wait for other testers feedback to see if everyone has the same issue.
- Yes, i fight them fairlly compared to other boss, heroes monster, but those original bosses not as dangerous as monster heroes in the mod, 2nd Telkine in Act2 quite easy too. Beetle Bug boss that using poison dmg is the bosses take me the most time to kill till now.
- I have using 2 soul rings, a artifact that summon Ichthian mage that regen character and deal dmg quite good (this is contracts, right?)

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #125 on: 06 January 2020, 07:07:52 »
sorry I'm late, but i'm about to try SV right now

I'm creating a different installation folder for SV, just like in SV for TQIT.. I want to also make a different save directory for SV, if it's possible.. how do I do it?

i'm talking about My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\SaveData
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: 06 January 2020, 10:00:38 »
for the mean time save directory is the same as the main game's.. but @soa i hope you can answer my question above.. i prefer a different save directory if it's possible

first impressions are positive.. i created a storm char currently lvl 8.. he will remain solo storm for quite a while.. i'm liking ice orb so far.. it seems like this is the early caster skill for this mastery.. can't remember if it's like that in the old SV.. i just hope the devs fix the freeze animation bug

i already found a soul from a champion enemy.. i just remembered the old minor problem that the original SV weren't able to address: nobody were using rings anymore because of the presence of souls

i'm not sure about the high health and mana regen for the char.. iirc the original SV had a sit skill that rapidly restores health and mana.. i think i prefer that. (was there a sit skill in the original SV? i hope i'm not confusing SV for a different game  ;D )
will have to play more and give my opinion on this when i get farther into the game

no spellbreaker? awww was it like that in the original SV? i know the energy drain is in storm nimbus now but the main feature of it was the dispel skill.. oh well i'm not complaining about it (yet)
also, if the arctic whatever cold skill has a chance to freeze, isn't it fitting that storm nimbus have chance to stun? although i don't know what you replace for it, skill disruption? i'm not complaining about it though, this is a minor issue imo

some boars don't even bother attacking me even though i'm hitting them with a bow, staff, or spell.. was it like that in vanilla? can't remember

finally, the exp curve.. this is my only gripe so far.. i think it's too slow.. even the x3 that i usually play is faster.. i don't think following the accomplished hero lvl 40 start of act 5 is a good decision..slow leveling was a problem in TQIT that the old SV fixed in the opinion of many including me
also, accomplished hero on a straight playthrough would let you finish at about lvl 75.. it's too low.. i think it should be about lvl 78-80

edit:
also, with the presence of orbs, lightning dash might actually be a good support skill here.. just support because it looks like vanilla lightning dash so it probably won't trigger WPS skills
(will have to see this later)

occult - all masteries have something innate skill unique only to them.. storm has cast speed, earth reduced requirements, defense physical res, etc except occult which only increases stats.. is this fair?
« Last Edit: 06 January 2020, 10:47:13 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: 06 January 2020, 11:04:00 »
some boars don't even bother attacking me even though i'm hitting them with a bow, staff, or spell.. was it like that in vanilla? can't remember

Idk in case for SV, but boars have a passive controler AI, that means they will take a few secs to start attacking the player
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: 06 January 2020, 11:07:04 »
Report from Great Wall:
- Havent reported bugs till now, because all were missing texture/mesh bugs (fixed now, thank you :D)
- Borealic Warriors (Elite Tigermen) are freezing while using skill casting animation
- Regarding Recycling recipes - the idea is good, but... i think the main problem after each game act aren't the completed charms/relics, but the incompleted ones (especially now when they are not dropping in other Acts). Can you do something about that? Like maybe 2 or 3 incomplete pieces to make 1 random incomplete piece (or maybe complete one)?
Edit: Flamescar (Forge recipe sword) has a missing tag as MI ingredient (i believe it was Sabertooth?)
« Last Edit: 06 January 2020, 13:39:23 by nargil66 »

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: 06 January 2020, 18:29:05 »
If I'm right, in act3 (Immortal Throne) was impossible to finish weapon or relic which require special sword which drops after killing Tigermen. I was working to finish that super relic/super weapon, but it was impossible task probably because it is not finished at all.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: 06 January 2020, 18:34:05 »
@soa
- This heroes monster just strong as hell, with his fast cooldown, he cast Rally all time, i can't kill him if not abuse the "bug" of game mechanic that make something in the edge of screen "freezing".

- I think you should reduced the camera distance, it just too high and can make the game more laggy, stuttering.
- The "Stun on ground" skill (like Minotaur's one) seems too dangerous, any monsters have this skill become killer even if that's normal mobs.

* @botebote77 is this what you want?

« Last Edit: 06 January 2020, 19:06:48 by icefreeze »

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: 06 January 2020, 19:03:06 »
* @botebote77 is this what you want?
what do you mean?

@efko can you check if there is a sit skill in SV that rapidly restores health and mana? it's a skill that all characters have, doesn't belong in any mastery
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: 06 January 2020, 19:07:34 »
what do you mean?

@efko can you check if there is a sit skill in SV that rapidly restores health and mana? it's a skill that all characters have, doesn't belong in any mastery
My bad, i just fix it, check my previous post again.

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: 06 January 2020, 19:13:22 »
the orb? hmm doesn't look like it. the orbs in the old SV are weapons that fit in the shield slot so you can go dual orb.. they require int rather than str
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: 06 January 2020, 19:19:40 »
"This formula allows you to create a relic orb with your unused charms"

Tags: