Author Topic: Alpha tester bug reports  (Read 133975 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Alpha tester bug reports
« Reply #30 on: 02 December 2018, 04:41:27 »
Found another one, dont attck and doesnt die, not sure if you spoted that

Bad controller again, I searched the entire database and that fire trap in Act 4 was the only one lol. You are a natural born bug finder sauruz!  :))

I love it~!

I may say i found this interesting, you face triple number of monsters from bonepile spawn in act 1, than the later acts, is that because for making the early game more challenging ?, our it have no reason ?
No, I will look into it.

Empusas~soul craver, whats your opinion about the area size of their aoe ( the ones that drain all of your mp/hp)?
I hate that it is so big. I will change that.

Forgot to mention about Aithousa nymph boss after Megara - cool skills and alot of frost burn, but wasn't very hard to deal with, because she returns to her spawn point too fast.
Yeah, okay. I updated her controller with a 50 meter pursuit distance. And I set her to "NeverFlee". She's a boss, why would she run?  >:D

While I was at it I reduced the cooldown a little for her geyser buff and increased her health quite a bit. My initial design was for her to be like Hydra or something, a boss that would give great loot, but you have to come back later. Oh well.

I have finished and implemented the Place of Truth quest. The boss there is designed for being levelled after beating Yao Guai or so, so don't be disappointed if you have to "tactically withdraw" until you level a bit...I did lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 02 December 2018, 08:32:11 »
About alpha versions, can you numerate the zips somehow (version, date) to see easy which is the latest?
More mod impressions:
Arrived in Athens with ancestral archers and warriors. Trance of Convalescense is maxed, battle standard lvl 5, all the regen + dmg absorbtion and still I died several times. (I bet you are bursting with joy right now) Once was from the Uber liche in the Athens graveyard catcombs, an honorable mention. With so many bosses, heroes and mini bosses, its like a different game. Vanilla seems just... PLAIN compared to this. Thank you for curing my boredom :D
A small issue with maenads before Delphi - their armors seem too big.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 02 December 2018, 14:42:13 »
The maenads right there in the city?

Oh yeah. Just between us, I really don't like having monsters that participate in quest events bring in a separate directory. Why not just put them in the maenad directory instead of rumormonsters/greece? Well, they did in the XPAck, so at least they understood how hard it is to maintain two sets of maenads. One for regular spawns and one just for that scene before delphi.

So I went to rumormonsters/greece directory and set all the maenads there to character gender profile female. That should do the trick.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 02 December 2018, 15:03:26 »
Update on my Harbinger: Just finished the pirate quest. The island was a really enjoyable experience. But i'm well equipped now, the three pirate bosses were not very hard. I think they can use a buff, as well as pirate mobs on the island. Had an idea - they can drop a piece of pirate map... donno what it will do tho :)
Another thing - sea Naiads in all Act I are named Megaran Naiad, even in the island. Maybe change the name to more general one?
Ok, back to playing, ima go farm some pirate MIs ^^

Edit: Nvm about buffing, the piratess killed me twice lol.
Edit 2: Another idea - You know those dwarf cannoneers from Act V? Maybe can be made to pirate arquebusiers somehow. They can cast greek fire, if you want to stay closer to the ancient theme.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2018, 16:13:40 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 02 December 2018, 15:47:17 »
Nice Nargil ^^

Well, the drop gods dont like me  , i just find caster stuff  :(

But i found a strong Folg :D

Just a small reports, i didnt have much time to playing it, i will back later today

-Kerīs Fetish, gives +2 invalid profile Skills and , not show pet bonus

-Bonefiend from The Necromanteion, just need a lilte defense against pets

-What you think, adding those spider eggs chest in the  Cave of whispers ? like in fetid cave in greece :)

-I opened a Chest, it gave me Heat Shield, but it gave that buff for all enemies around me , i liked that effect :D

I Found my first Party box ! but just gave ,among the yellows, a blue staff..... bummer :P
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 02 December 2018, 17:55:47 »
Edit: Nvm about buffing, the piratess killed me twice lol.
Oops...too late.  >:D

-Kerīs Fetish, gives +2 invalid profile Skills and , not show pet bonus
Fixed.

-Bonefiend from The Necromanteion, just need a lilte defense against pets
Done. Added a Spirit Breath skill instead of a projectile skill.

-What you think, adding those spider eggs chest in the  Cave of whispers ? like in fetid cave in greece :)
DOne. :) But I think I went a little too far lol

I Found my first Party box ! but just gave ,among the yellows, a blue staff..... bummer :P
Party Boxes have a skill that has a guaranteed unique drop for that act and difficulty. So it really was all yellows lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 02 December 2018, 21:39:36 »
I got a few reports  , but this one is more important

Tower of judgment, the new monsters you made ( based on valkyries), something is wrong with then, when they appear/attack, the game became so laggy/delay, it almost had a crash.

edited: i think its on  death animation effect of the monster.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2018, 21:50:10 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 02 December 2018, 22:33:57 »
Okay, I just duplicated all teh seetings from Valkyrie since they work,

Here's the database replacement:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwqz7e1up12wp34/LegionOfChampRagnarok_database_only_v1.zip?dl=0

Spent the day trying to get an item skill to auto cast on teh Hoi Polloi ranged one-handed weapon.

Volley doesn't work even when I use the "baseatselfonequip" template.

Tried Thunder Strike skill, same thing. No ai controller would cause it to go off. If I used the skill manually with a button, it works.

So I guess the AI controllers with ranged one handed are buggy...at least on ranged-weaponm_spread template skills.

So I mage an attack projectile ring skill with 12 projectiles that causes confusion, but it has to be activated manually by button. Oh well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 02 December 2018, 22:46:58 »
It fixed the problem!

But..another one appear, theres on type of erinyes, that doesnt show up, the pets can see it and kill it , somekind of stuck

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 02 December 2018, 22:55:20 »
Was thinking too about Hoi Polloi and the Rogue knive skill... tbh, i miss the old skill from v1.1. What if it cast projectiles on every attack, but reduces total dmg by % like ternion? And its a left button skill again.
I spent several hours trying to make a pirate cannoneer, just for the experiment. The bad thing is dvergr and human animation are incompatible, even if they share same bones. First time i see something like this. The result was very wonky  :-\:
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: 02 December 2018, 22:57:50 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 02 December 2018, 23:10:35 »
It fixed the problem!

But..another one appear, theres on type of erinyes, that doesnt show up, the pets can see it and kill it , somekind of stuck
Well, if it isn't one thing it's another. Sigh.

I will foll around with the controllers. But to be honest, I don't have a test character that high a level yet   :-[

Was thinking too about Hoi Polloi and the Rogue knive skill... tbh, i miss the old skill from v1.1. What if it cast projectiles on every attack, but reduces total dmg by % like ternion? And its a left button skill again.
I spent several hours trying to make a pirate cannoneer, just for the experiment. The bad thing is dvergr and human animation are incompatible, even if they share same bones. First time i see something like this. The result was very wonky  :-\:
Yeah, I don't know about throwing knives. I like that idea of nerfing damage on the modifier for multiple projectiles.

I just recolored the dvergr skin and called it a day.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 02 December 2018, 23:52:38 »
Defense -
Missing connector on Battle Awareness tree
Typo in shield clang descrip (teh)
Shield maiden kinda holds her hammer funny when standing still (not a big deal)

Rune
Skill connector misaligned on Pets tree
Giant has a weird animation (I assume it is the stomp skill) he turns teal and takes a knee and sits there for a few seconds

Spirit-
Soulstrike UI box is a circle/square combo
Skeleton archers forgot their bows!

Storm-
Frost wisp has a missing name skill

Earth-
Core does not use Gaea rage skill. (I assume it is onslaught type skill like the elementals?)
Earth Fury has a crazy fast castspeed/animation.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 03 December 2018, 00:44:25 »
Sorry :/

-Theres a Satyr altar- TagMonsterSFM819

-Khathonian Razor: it have no requeriments, 2 x invalid profile , No pet bonus listed

-I can hear a lighting sund from chest trap, but nothing happens ( could be my own imagination)

-Found 3x hephaestus Spider Bosses in every cave, 2x in cave of Apollo , 1x in Cave of Artemis ( and it hurts ALOT, 651 in each Bite, but i could kill her :D)

-I just check it now, bit late, but

it is intended , it gave 3x Champion hearts

No tag

"T" pose

Also, theres a few monster under the stairs into Perinthean Armory

Magma Spider quuen ( champions) seens to drop  Titianic essence ( got 4x of those ) when i was in the caves

Notice as well, Dream Mastery is the only class with no lv 40 skill.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2018, 00:46:16 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 03 December 2018, 01:47:25 »
Defense -
Missing connector on Battle Awareness tree
Typo in shield clang descrip (teh)
Fixed. I just did a search-and-replace "teh" in theModStrings file, there was like 4 times I did that.

Rune
Skill connector misaligned on Pets tree
Giant has a weird animation (I assume it is the stomp skill) he turns teal and takes a knee and sits there for a few seconds
Fixed skill tree alignement.
Yeah, I was trying to experiment with Mimer's golem's reflect type skill where he just kneels and does reflect, but it doesn't work so I removed it.

Spirit-
Soulstrike UI box is a circle/square combo
Skeleton archers forgot their bows!
Fixed ui for button.
Can't replicate missing bows on my computer.

Storm-
Frost wisp has a missing name skill
Can't find this problem. My Druid has all the skill text in place so I don't know.

EDIT: Found it! Fixed.

Earth-
Core does not use Gaea rage skill. (I assume it is onslaught type skill like the elementals?)
Aw crap. I totally forgot to implement the skill in the pet files! Ah well, I fixed that now.

Earth Fury has a crazy fast castspeed/animation.
Yes. I slowed it a bit, but it's supposed to be fast by design.

-Theres a Satyr altar- TagMonsterSFM819
Fixed

-Khathonian Razor: it have no requeriments, 2 x invalid profile , No pet bonus listed
Fixed

-I can hear a lighting sund from chest trap, but nothing happens ( could be my own imagination)
Hmm...the mystery deepens. I will keep looking.

-Found 3x hephaestus Spider Bosses in every cave, 2x in cave of Apollo , 1x in Cave of Artemis ( and it hurts ALOT, 651 in each Bite, but i could kill her :D)
Ha haha! Oh man you are unlucky tester to get that, the pool was still the one I used without a map with the unique proxy. SO I went through and cleaned that up.  :))

-I just check it now, bit late, but
it is intended , it gave 3x Champion hearts
Yes.

No tag
This should not be there. So I removed them. I moved the fire bonus shrine to the Mystery Shrine pool.

"T" pose
Fixed. Created "dual wield" animations for them. They are just one-handed/spear with extra callback points for left hand weapon hit.

Also, theres a few monster under the stairs into Perinthean Armory
I will fix that.

Magma Spider quuen ( champions) seens to drop  Titianic essence ( got 4x of those ) when i was in the caves
Oops. I mixed up teh champs and the miniboss files when adding those. Fixed.

Notice as well, Dream Mastery is the only class with no lv 40 skill.
Yeah, I don't know. The skill tree is full so I would have to remove one skill or consolidate two like premonition and temporal flus or something. ?
« Last Edit: 03 December 2018, 02:05:58 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mountainblade

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 03 December 2018, 02:24:07 »

Fixed. I just did a search-and-replace "teh" in theModStrings file, there was like 4 times I did that.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal