Author Topic: thoughts and questions about spellbinder thrower  (Read 2147 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline hedgehog

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
thoughts and questions about spellbinder thrower
« on: 18 January 2020, 14:18:23 »
Defense for thrower:  max battle awareness tree, max rally tree,  max quick recovery, max phalanx, armor handling, colossus, adrenaline.
The only dmg boost is adrenaline (not much efficient because it does not proc often) and colossus (long recharge), both increase phys dmg only. 

Spirit mastery: max deadthchill aura tree, max dark covenant tree, max spirit ward tree, death ward, summon outsider, liche king and some utility spells like vision of death or circle of power, life drain with max soul drain (see below)
Because dark covenant boost phys dmg, vitality and bleeding  dmg  and necrosis gives debuff to these types of dmg it looks like phys/vit or phys/bleed dmg is good combination.
However the bleed dmg is only on mongol chakram  and quite low. Also, other  spells in spirit mastery support mostly vitality dmg and benefits from intelligence.

So, thrower with demonic rippers socketed with fury heartblood or jade shuriken doing phys/vit dmg.
Hybrid with str/int and enough dex for throwing weapon.
And enough CDR for permanent rally (speed and resists and a bit of reflection) and quick recovery.  Permanent dark covenant would be great too :)

You only have normal attack.
The biggest problem is attack speed (you need at least 160%) and solid physical dmg.  Constructs and golems cannot be killed by vitality in reasonable time.
But still, it is boring and slow.

And there comes big game changer which makes this char into mass murderer - life drain with maxed soul drain on LMB  :)

Run into the group, press left button+shift and they die around you. With 3 sec recharge between life drains (artifact Talisman of jade emperor+golden shield of pelaron at minimum) you switch seamlesly into normal attack and back to soul drain -  just keep LMB and Shift pressed and kill remains of the group. It works in legendary even in act 4 and 5 (bye bye machae and trolls and dvergs...)
Also giants are piece of cake - come close and in 2 or 3 strikes they are down.

Bosses are not problem either - colossus, phalanx and outsider and char attacks. No boss can stand this long :)

This is not theory crafting - I just finished this char in vanilla game, legendary. I did not played Atlantis, only Ragnarok.
Skills are like this   (+4 skills)

Question:
I just do not understand why it works so well. The spell dmg displayed (red numbers) is quite low.
It kills even undeads within aura, I  maxed spirit ward tree though.
I have jade shuriken (+30% vit dmg), int around 500 and thats all (except the skills) which might boost the dmg.

(I will post the pics if there is interest but really, the gear is nothing special)
« Last Edit: 18 January 2020, 14:39:59 by hedgehog »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: thoughts and questions about spellbinder thrower
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2020, 21:07:47 »
- Soul Drain deal both Vitality dmg and %heath reduction, both resist by Vitality damage res on enemies, and they have specific resist vs %health reduction dmg type. With help of Necrosis (Deathchill Aura), Soul Drain at max lvl+4 can almost or one shot kill enemies depend on how many Int your characters have, because almost enemies has some vitality dmg res, so if they survive vs %health reduction dmg type, vitality dmg do the rest works if it can.
 + %health reduction do not show dmg in game, so you only can be see how good it works on the enemies HP bar.
- Undeads, Ghost still can be hurts by vitality dmg, with Necrosis + Spirit Ward/Spirit Bane, your vitality dmg attack can do very good dmg on them.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2020, 21:11:53 by icefreeze »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal