Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230638 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #540 on: 13 January 2019, 20:21:21 »
I manage to complete act 4, with no single blue item :D! with Thunderer class.

i did forget to write, i found a monster shrine around Parnassus caves, it spawn Toxeus at lv 25 , i just ran..like the wind ahah

Some doors in the dungeon you extended in Perinthean Armory are tagged as "Unknown" and cannot be oppen, i belive its intended (?). The boss inside is well balanced.

Hades was scary, those vitality orbs deal alot of  dmg, but is doable.

MY last shard boss, guess who was it.....typhoon! ah very very fun batle! what a game :D

About rune, is jottun summon immune to mind control,  right ?

Some  suggestions

Monsters
-Some bandit ninjas in orient could have ranged attacks (like shurikens)

-Lamia~Clan mistress and Ravagers have same set of skills. the Clan mistress could be defense/warfare based, using shield abilities and rally

-Anteok champions and the normal ones have the same set of skills. Anteoks champions need to be more dangerous.

-The gargantuan karkinos could have a slow aura that decrease the player moviment speed, so that ranged users have a bad time kitting the boss.

-Formicid larvas can have a gray/white colour

-Envoy Kor-Lhrut, the Machae mensager boss, from "Inside Source" quest, can be buffed

Quests

- if possible, in order to acess the  chests from "The general in repouse", in orient , you need defeat a boss that have "claimed" the treasures.

- Admetus Among the dead, in Hades, he could give better reward. We helped him get into Elysium and he just gives xp, little selfish no :p

edited: i forget to add some things.
« Last Edit: 14 January 2019, 11:49:27 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #541 on: 17 January 2019, 02:06:42 »
Another one bites the ash,  8) - normal complete

Conclusions:
I did enjoy this combo, for someone who didnt used throwing weapons before, is actually fun, but sometimes to safe, the fast attack speed and the kiting i could go for a long time with 0 pots.

The wisps from storm mastery, i was assuming the frost wisp would be like a some kind of meat shield, but its a solid strong summon. it is nice. Same for Storm wisp. Their debuffs are actually nedded and helpfull for the team.

Jottun, very strong ally, can take alot of dmg from dangerous monsters .Sometimes i think he does the job to well. I almost ddint re-summon him lately.

Drop rate of champions hearts are perfect, same as Titanic essence.

Im starting to enjoy even more act 5, playing in the ash lands is so much fun.  :D

I do have more suggestions for act5 , but maybe i will wait until next phase.

One again,i will ask you, want me to digg again in epic our try another combo ?

One question: it possible to add any info on the Black elfs debuff icon ? because the icon just says "Black elf" that really isnt very helpfull to know that kind of debuff is affecting the player, and for what i see its a deadly one.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2019, 02:08:34 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #542 on: 17 January 2019, 02:18:31 »
Yeah, that's a good idea.
I just did that with the Frost SHield icon for the Frost Wisp when I moused over it there was nothing. Same thing.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +10
« Reply #543 on: 17 January 2019, 06:30:37 »
Back into LoC after an extended break from TQ.

Created a Soothsayer (Nature/spirit) last night as it has been my favourite character in the past.

I was going to go for Defence instead of spirit but saw that the armoured colossus (I think that is what it was called) summon has been cut. Was a bit sad about that, it really was great. Overpowered, but great.

Those new traps are doing my head in until I get used to them. Died twice because of them already. Wasn't paying attention and all of a sudden these blades start flying from a chest or sepulchre and cut me down.

While I haven't had a huge amount of time in game yet, I am enjoying the changes to nature in particular.

As an idea, would it be possible to keep the old summons (bogdweller as an example) and have them mutually exclusive with the new melee nymphs? I.e, you choose either the bog dweller path OR the nymph path to begin with, not both? Not sure if the game could handle something like that but it would be kinda fun to see. It would also open up a higher degree of customisation.

AK

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #544 on: 17 January 2019, 16:20:55 »

I was going to go for Defence instead of spirit but saw that the armoured colossus (I think that is what it was called) summon has been cut. Was a bit sad about that, it really was great. Overpowered, but great.

The Rune Mastery, got Jotuun is almost the same as the collosus from previous version.

As an idea, would it be possible to keep the old summons (bogdweller as an example) and have them mutually exclusive with the new melee nymphs? I.e, you choose either the bog dweller path OR the nymph path to begin with, not both? Not sure if the game could handle something like that but it would be kinda fun to see. It would also open up a higher degree of customisation.

I think that plan wont work in the game system. Well seeing masterys having a different summons from previous version is good. It bring new mechanics, variety and strategy into the table for the player.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #545 on: 17 January 2019, 23:52:18 »
I think that plan wont work in the game system. Well seeing masterys having a different summons from previous version is good. It bring new mechanics, variety and strategy into the table for the player.

I would have been surprised if it was possible. I think it could add an extra element of choice for the player though if it was possible. Also, as an IT Project Manager, I hate seeing good functions/features get discarded from a product  ;)

Played through to Megara last night. Got absolutely spanked by the Boar Snatcher (died 3 times) and the Pirate hero (died once). I know you aren't looking at balance just yet, but something to consider is that the Boar Snatcher may need to be nerfed. I didn't particularly find it to be a fun fight. The Pirate hero was fun though.

The Handmaiden of Arachnae was super easy for the spirit mastery. She could really damage my level 8 skellies so I just his behind a pillar and she was dead in no time.

Last note from last night is the traps. You have successfully installed a paranoia in me to run from all containers as I open them. To make it even more fun, you could have a type of trap that explodes at the 10 second mark, because that is when I normally run back in to get the loot.

Other than the occasional monster up on an unreachable cliff (can't even get them with ranged weapons. I know this is a bug outside of LoC) I haven't come across anything worth reporting. Keep up the amazing work BG!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #546 on: 18 January 2019, 00:01:54 »
I don't see it as discarding. I am creating a new mod.

I like pet builds, it's all I ever play so this mod is a pet mod too.

Only be surprised if I KEEP anything from the last mod I made.

Also, the mini-bosses in remote caves are not quest critical and are completely optional, this gives greater freedom to their difficulty.

I think you will notice that quest critical bosses are all quite manageable. Some mini-bosses are virtually impossible to defeat at the level you first encounter them.

As far as having exclusive summons you have to choose from, it's not been tried I think. If you make it a "Trance" skill, will one summon go poof if you use the other summon? Interesting question.

Also: the Nature skill tree is full.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #547 on: 18 January 2019, 00:11:05 »
I know you aren't looking at balance just yet, but something to consider is that the Boar Snatcher may need to be nerfed. I didn't particularly find it to be a fun fight. The Pirate hero was fun though.

I dont agree, Boar Snatcher is fine for two reason

1st the spider is on side area, optional  boss, if the player cant kill it, he/she can go back at anytime and bring the  revenger :)

2nd the spider have the same timing attacks just dont face tank it because of the 3rd attack will be a strong hit. Also, the pets are the key for it, i have kill it with all my test chars , the plan is simple, use your pets as meat shield, and attack her with a ranged weapon and its doable

The Handmaiden of Arachnae was super easy for the spirit mastery. She could really damage my level 8 skellies so I just his behind a pillar and she was dead in no time.

Well, skellies got a great resistance against poison, and some other combos especially poison bluids needed about 20 mints to kill her, as i did with Rouge/nature combo

Other than the occasional monster up on an unreachable cliff (can't even get them with ranged weapons. I know this is a bug outside of LoC) I haven't come across anything worth reporting. Keep up the amazing work BG!

If you find some stuck monsters, take a print and post on bugs reports thread so BG can look at it

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #548 on: 18 January 2019, 00:14:13 »
Only be surprised if I KEEP anything from the last mod I made.

Haha, fair enough.

As far as having exclusive summons you have to choose from, it's not been tried I think. If you make it a "Trance" skill, will one summon go poof if you use the other summon? Interesting question.

I guess I was more thinking as your investing the points into skills. I.e at level 1 nature if you chose the nymphs, the bog dwellers would be disabled, unless you reversed the points. But this would likely require changes to the UI which would not be easy.

The trance option could be interesting. It would open possibilities to cover for weaknesses. If you had a trance for skellies and came up against fire using enemies, you could switch to another 'trance' that could be more resistant to fire, but lose the skellies in the process.

There is still that question of # of skills per tree though. If it is finite, then maybe disregard this suggestion.

AK

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #549 on: 18 January 2019, 00:19:25 »
I know you aren't looking at balance just yet, but something to consider is that the Boar Snatcher may need to be nerfed. I didn't particularly find it to be a fun fight. The Pirate hero was fun though.

I dont agree, Boar Snatcher is fine for two reason

1st the spider is on side area, optional  boss, if the player cant kill it, he/she can go back at anytime and bring the  revenger :)

2nd the spider have the same timing attacks just dont face tank it because of the 3rd attack will be a strong hit. Also, the pets are the key for it, i have kill it with all my test chars , the plan is simple, use your pets as meat shield, and attack her with a ranged weapon and its doable.

Tried the ranged idea, but she would just ignore my pets and run straight for me, all the time.

It's fair enough to come back to it later in the game, I just know that I will either forget or continue on until I reach the next difficulty unless the incentive is there to return.

AK

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #550 on: 18 January 2019, 00:26:15 »
Ah, I see...if you place points in one skill, the other line of skills becomes disabled. Yeah, that's a cool idea, I've considered it in the past.

Can't be done. Not a challenge, literally can't be done in this system.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #551 on: 18 January 2019, 00:26:44 »
Its not the fastest batle in early game, it wil neded a several tries but is doable.

let the  pets  attack the spider, and lot of kitting/avoiding the webs. And dont forget the spider cant chase you far outside the cave, use it as your advantage. Also you dont need to be much hight lv. I usually clear the tegea forest/Arcadia 1st,  then i face the spider ( lv 10-11) :)

And as spirit mastery based ( if im not wrong) just spawn the skellies warriors infront of the boss.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2019, 00:30:19 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #552 on: 18 January 2019, 00:30:58 »
Ah, I see...if you place points in one skill, the other line of skills becomes disabled. Yeah, that's a cool idea, I've considered it in the past.

Can't be done. Not a challenge, literally can't be done in this system.

Figured that might be the case. Oh well. Ill continue on tonight, but for now, it's off to work :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #553 on: 18 January 2019, 03:39:18 »
Imported the Great Wizard of the Beyondness set and torso armor. Added a "Wizard Staff" to the set. (Ah bloodninja, so many laughs :D ...geeze, that was almost 20 years ago now)

Increased the HP regen for the magma sprite secondary skills.

Added more monster traps around the outdoor Formicid camps in the Styx area.

I don't mention a lot of the work as it would take as much time to type it out as to make it lol like particle effects and stuff.

Coredweller's tier 7 was broken so that's fixed now.

I keep finding rebirth fountains without health shrines so I added a couple more now. Work in progress.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #554 on: 18 January 2019, 14:57:42 »

I keep finding rebirth fountains without health shrines so I added a couple more now. Work in progress.

As i go throught the game, i wil try kept eye on the missing health shrines, right now i arrive in Athens.

Missing shrines so far
-When you enter Boetia
-Olive groove
-When you enter Phoencian Swamps
-Inside Parnassus Caves

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal