Author Topic: Primrose Passage Secret Quest  (Read 66122 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Primrose Passage Secret Quest
« on: 10 February 2018, 13:29:36 »
I haven't done this quest, so I'll describe it from my memory of reading about this:
- speak to the NPC near the theather in Delphi
- grab 3 Spell Pieces from:
1. new cave near the Jade Palace portal
2. Cave of Apollo in Elysium (both caves of Apollo and Artemis have some levers?)
3. small chest after the Korynth in a place when two theather actors stands (only in legendary difficulty?)
- grab the recipe envelope from new room in one of the dungeons (sun/moon key treasure room?) near the Grey Sisters location (need their eye to open the wall passage)
- speak again with the NPC in Delphi to gain access to the theather and grab the Primrose key from there (I think)
- it opens the Primrose Passage in act 5 in Deep Forest location

The whole passage resembling the secret passage from act 4 (in case of many bosses and loot)

Oh, and the location in this passage is called The Temple of the Hidden Sun.

Of course it's possible that I missed/was wrong about something, so feel free to correct me.
« Last Edit: 10 February 2018, 13:33:26 by Cygi »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Primrose Passage Secret Quest
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2018, 13:34:55 »
Wow!  That quest is really spread around.  :)  Thanks for that Cygi.  I'll make a note of those notes and let you know if there's anything wrong or needs adding.  First step: hop back to Delphi and hope I can get the quest.   My toon's in Normal so I assume it can be done on all 3 difficulties.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2018, 17:17:23 »
Well, it may still be bugged.  I've sent 3 different toons back to Delphi in Normal and there's no NPC to talk to apart from the stage director who doesn't give anything.  It makes me think it's a Legendary only quest, but then why would the quest item drop in Normal?  Surely they haven't spread it out over 3 difficulties?  That would mean most people never finished it.

I'm now playing a toon that hasn't reached Delphi yet to see if the quest shows up that way, but won't reach there until tomorrow.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2018, 18:36:04 »
You have to have a special unique item in your inventory for the quest to start. I can provide more hints if you want.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2018, 19:05:01 »
I have the blue Spell Piece from the Jade Palace cave.  If that's not it, then yes a hint please.  I had that when I went back to Delphi, but no NPC to talk to.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2018, 19:44:14 »
Um, thanks Cygi.  So it starts in Corinth, not Delphi?  And why do the quest pieces drop in Normal if it's only a Legendary difficulty quest?  :-\

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10 February 2018, 20:00:26 »
And why do the quest pieces drop in Normal if it's only a Legendary difficulty quest?

I'm guessing it's constructed to collect all items first through the playthrough, then activate quest in legendary whilst having all pieces of the puzzle without going again to this locations but going straight to Delphi.

Or something like that. ;)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10 February 2018, 20:28:03 »
Um, not convinced.  Sounds like a very good way to confuse new players and even oldies like me!  ;D  I can also see people ending up with several copies of the items since you can put them in your caravan in Normal so presumably they drop again in Epic - same for Epic items and then get them once more in Legendary.  So you could end up with 3 of everything.  Doesn't seem well thought out - unless the items are used for something else in Normal and Epic difficulties in the way that they are in GD.  I foresee no end of threads on forums everywhere saying "I've got all these items I found in Normal, but didn't find any quests for them.  What did I miss?"

Still, means I can carry on playing my Trickster instead tomorrow and hopefully get him closer to Act 5.  Have only played it once and that with an old toon brought back from Epic difficulty so don't have much sense of what the Act itself is really like for a properly levelled toon.

Starting this quest in Legendary is a long way off for me though.  :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 11 February 2018, 00:24:17 »
You can start it in Normal, however. The unique you need drops in Normal act5 and Epic act1. There's just an easier way to get it in Legendary Corinth.

Well, it is a secret quest with riddles. :D If it were straightforward like "do this, go there" it'd be kinda boring. And again you can probably figure it out by just speaking to the guy at the theatre in normal Delphi.

EDIT: Maybe these posts should go in a separate topic if we continue this. :)

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2018, 02:35:02 »
Uh...as far as I know (I have completed the quest and go into the passage myself), you don't need to interact with the NPC somewhere in A1 or something in Legandary Corinth. The guy in A1 will only give you the HINTS on how to find the items. But if you are careful (and smart) enough, you can find them without hints. Well...one of these is a bit difficult if you don't have any hints, but yeah I think finally you can figure it out.
And you can complete this quest (actually not a quest, no quest log or quest reward) in NORMAL.

For those who found the hints but cannot understand them, here's my hints. Hopefully this will help you to better understand. SPOILER ALERT!
Spoiler for 'How to read the hints':
One parchment records the places to found piece 1&2, and the methods to open the locked doors of piece 3&4. The places to find piece 3&4 are recorded seperately on the other two parchments.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2018, 09:44:16 by tholuneve »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2018, 02:54:31 »
I haven't done this quest, so I'll describe it from my memory of reading about this:
- speak to the NPC near the theather in Delphi
- grab 3 Spell Pieces from:
1. new cave near the Jade Palace portal
2. Cave of Apollo in Elysium (both caves of Apollo and Artemis have some levers?)
3. small chest after the Korynth in a place when two theather actors stands (only in legendary difficulty?)
- grab the recipe envelope from new room in one of the dungeons (sun/moon key treasure room?) near the Grey Sisters location (need their eye to open the wall passage)
- speak again with the NPC in Delphi to gain access to the theather and grab the Primrose key from there (I think)
- it opens the Primrose Passage in act 5 in Deep Forest location

The whole passage resembling the secret passage from act 4 (in case of many bosses and loot)

Oh, and the location in this passage is called The Temple of the Hidden Sun.

Of course it's possible that I missed/was wrong about something, so feel free to correct me.
Partially correct, partially wrong, also missed something.
I won't tell you more of it.  O0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2018, 10:10:15 »
ULTRA SPOILER ALERT, DON'T CLICK IT.
Spoiler for 'If you really want to skip the fun of finding the items yourself...':
Spoiler for 'piece 1':
Ptolemy&lighthouse -> Alexandria -> Rhakotis.
Poor people -> slum.
Broken walls -> you can break a wall.
So the piece 1 is located at somewhere in Rhakotis Slum, and you can break a wall to find it.
Spoiler for 'piece 2':
Tao -> Jade Palace in Qiyun Mountain is a famous Taoism temple.
Go to Jade Palace waypoint, the correct way to find Jade Palace is to go lower left, so the opposite way is upper right. Go upper right and you will find the second piece in a cave.
Spoiler for 'piece 3':
Seashell&Aphrodite -> birth of Aphrodite -> Sea of Marmara (honestly I don't know how these 2 are related but it seems this is the closest explaination) -> Propontis(ancient name of sea of Marmara)
Piece 3 is located in a cave called "Great Hall of Propontis" near Medea Forest.
There is a fountain near the locked door, so apparently it is the key to open it.
Eye sees a path -> eye of the Grey Sisters is used to see the path of the player in main story.
So kill Grey sisters again, pick up the eye, and click the fountain. The door is unlocked.
Spoiler for 'piece 4':
"Hade's door" is kinda vague. At first I thought it was somewhere near the entrance to Undead Typhon fight, or somewhere near the passage to the underworld, but it's none of these. The correct place is somewhere near the entrance of Hade's core domain, Fields of the Diadochi. "Sailor to Siren" may refers to Orpheus, son of Apollo. So the place to find the last piece is in the Cave of Apollo. Another explanation might be that both sailor to siren and moth to fire are tragedy, which indicates Sophocles, a famous ancient Greek tragedian. There is a small area called Academy of Sophocles near Fields of the Diadochi.
Anyway we find the place, and the door is also locked. The hint is "Artemis is known to have a good influence on her twin.". Luckily near the Cave of Apollo is Cave of Artemis. Go into that cave, and find a secret lever. Push it and the door in the Cave of Apollo is opened.

« Last Edit: 11 February 2018, 13:19:14 by tholuneve »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2018, 18:55:08 »
Backtracked and found the first piece in Rhakotis.  :)

Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2018, 19:16:37 »
So it's easier than I thought:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal