Author Topic: Corsair LMB and RMB skills  (Read 11818 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +10
Corsair LMB and RMB skills
« on: 14 February 2018, 22:06:39 »
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a go with a Corsair build (Defense + Rogue) and have a question around what stills to use on my mouse buttons. There looks to be a couple of options for the RMB with Rally and Sneak Attack (can't remember the exact name) but the LMB has got me a bit stuck. There are no skills that are really jumping out at me for it in either skill tree.

For reference, I am planning on dual wielding axes, as both classes seem to synergize well with them, but that does limit the usefulness of the Defense class with relies heavily on shields. I also like to take active part in combat rather than just letting the summons have all the fun.

So what are your thoughts? Is there a skill that you would use for the LMB or just use the basic attack skill?

Cheers!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Corsair LMB and RMB skills
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2018, 14:59:53 »
Rogue's Calculated Strike is your only option for the LMB.  There's no possibility in either mastery to dual wield - for that you'd need either Warfare or Runemaster.  I think you're a bit confused on what you're going to play or haven't really looked at the skill trees properly because there's no sneak attack in Rogue or Defense.  What Defense does have is Shield Charge which sends you rapidly across the screen to hit foes.  It does require a shield though.

For RMB, well it depends on what type of play you want.  Shield Charge is one option, if you want more in the way of AoE damage from afar then Poison Bomb, Traps or Knives would be the way to go.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2018, 17:36:53 »
There's no possibility in either mastery to dual wield - for that you'd need either Warfare or Runemaster.

I think he's talking about Taiji Dao...  ;)

If you ask me, in LoC best LMB skill for any Rogue class are the knives. Casting 5 knives at once is not to be underestimated. Epecially if they all hit the enemy at once. I'm not sure if shield skills proc with knives tho, but there is always the option of going dual knives.
But if i was to go melee, i'd use Sneak Attack LMB and Shield Charge/Lethal Strike RMB. The AoE modifier for Concussive Blow (not sure if that was the name) is a real blast too.
Corsair also gives the interesting option of going pure dex. Already tried that with an Illusionist, and with all the Requirements reduction from Equipment Handling its even easier.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2018, 17:59:58 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2018, 20:09:36 »
yes i can agree with nargil.

I had a pure rouge, using mostly throwing knifes skill, it can pierce and kill a whole army of monsters in matter of secs.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 16 February 2018, 10:45:14 »
  I think you're a bit confused on what you're going to play or haven't really looked at the skill trees properly because there's no sneak attack in Rogue or Defense. 
Yeah, totally got the name of the skill wrong there. It was the only thing that was coming to my sleep deprived mind on the bus to work at 6:30am :P  Lethal Strike was what I thinking of. There is a Neak Attach, but it wasnt actually what I was thinking of at the time. Might give it a try to see if it is any better than Lethal Strike.

And I am using the Taiji Dao skill which, according to the description, applies the bonuses to dual wielding axes as well. Add those bonuses to the weapon bonuses from Defense (the Concussive Blow and Heavy Weapon Handling trees) and I was liking the sound of a dual wielding axe murdered with a bunch of helpers.

Thinking I might leave LMB as basic attack (nothing is jumping out at me) with Lethal Strike as RMB, while spamming Flash Powder as much as possible to increase survival chances.

Worth a look anyway :)
« Last Edit: 16 February 2018, 10:47:32 by Akunde »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Akunde

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 25 February 2018, 11:43:54 »
Time for a bit of an update:

I have given up on the 2 axe idea for now. Multiple beatings at the hands of the 3 skeleton princes (the melee one in particular) have dissuaded me. So now I am running around Athens with a mace and shield.

Skill-wise I have focused on pumping up Armoured Spirit and with enough points in Aniketos' Hammers Hired Goons to get 2 of each.

Finally, I have gotten the Traps as well as my RMB and a point into each of the passives available to me.

Nothing is really setting this build apart just yet, but I have hoping to get my defense up to a point where I can go toe to toe with most enemies while my traps and minions flank them.

Thats the idea anyway...

AK
« Last Edit: 25 February 2018, 11:58:11 by Akunde »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal