Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229669 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #570 on: 28 January 2019, 03:08:50 »
And people will ask me: Hey, why doesn't the Sweet Honey have a pet bonus?

And I will answer: Why in the heck would I ever share my honey? :D
This made my day lol :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #571 on: 28 January 2019, 18:36:05 »
ahah , fair enought :D

Surtur couldnt stop my invasion  O0

the family photo

3x shadowdemons + 3x melee nymphs +  1x silvy nymph + 3x twight boggs ( from ordnance)  plus 3x bolt traps!

I enjoyed the bosses from act 5, as they didnt fall in 5 secs like in vanilla.

I enjoyed this combo ( nature+ rogue) its fun one, nature a support mastery with agreesive rogue mastery.

Shadowdemons are squishy but they are fast and deadly

Melee Nymphys are a trio of brusiers, that means they could stay alive for much longer all thanks to self heals and protection buff.

Ranged Nymph it have a long range, but most of times she enjoy to attacking close of the enemey ( she likes danger lol). Dont forget about the wisp it save my butt several times :D

Dream and hunting are the masteries left to play around, not sure if i will go full pets again or i will join the fight as well.

More suggestions for act 5, for the future ofc

-Wolverines can be more interesting, mhm, bleeding/physical type (?)

-King centipede, turned into champion and have a strong physical attack

-Yggdrasil Beetle, instead of spiting poison, it could be frostburn dmg

-Einherjar~jarl, more attack speed and cast thunderstrike skill

-Golens could appear with Dverger instead  being temporary summons

-Dverger mages could appear with the cannoers around Utgard

-Snakes could be more faster ( they are super slow)

-Wargs and Salamanders ( the normal ones) could have a litle hp buff

-Ulvjotun could have a Strength of the Pack type skill, that boost nearby allies

Giant window, turn then into a deadly Huntsman spider type, dream/ spirit based , purple colour

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #572 on: 01 February 2019, 02:18:07 »
I benn thinking for some time ago, one quest prototype, it would be great if was legendary only but, since there are so few players that reach into the max end game, i would say epic only.

Design Philosophy

a )why its epic only and not normal ?

- i like playing with my characters even when i complete the game,  right now you finish the game and move to new one. This will give you a extra reason to kept playing your toon, and who knows, maybe you will get that precious item you need :)

b) the Quest Name

" Realm of Shadows " or  "Essence of Corruption"

c ) Fast Description

When you arrive at Helos, you meet a mysterious warrior, he/she claims to be a summoner like yourself, but with the recent changes into TQ world, his/her power had been weakned to the point that cannot help fighting against the horrors that are wrecking the lands.

the mysterious warrior  ask you if you can help get the powers back.

D) whats the objective ?

You need to collect , 10 (?)  Titanic essence , from epic difficulty

E) Conclusion and Rewards

Maybe two option a good ending and a bad ending

-Good ending

The mysterious warrior thanks for your help , for reward it becomes a shop that sells you all artefacts, ofc they are expensive

-Bad ending

With all the power , the mysterious warrior turns evil, corrupted by evil magic from titanic essence. you need to defeat it, well dont forget he/she is a summoner  :)

To fight against the corrupted summoner, you need to talk with ,Corythus ~ Boat-hand, that guy who welcomes  when you arrive at Helos

For  quest reward is a unique amulet " Summoner charm"
+ 2 to all skills
-immune to mind control ( pets)
-hp and mana recovery
( might need extra stats)

This is just a idea , if you liked it can be adjusted and reworked.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 02:20:09 by sauruz »
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #573 on: 01 February 2019, 16:37:34 »
Another quest idea i had from a long time, i think its the last.

A)Design Philosophy

This quest is available in all difficulties,  in Mount Olympus, a small task before facing Typhoon.

b) the Quest Name

"Peak of Extinction" or "Servants of Destruction"

c ) Fast Description

When you arrive at Mount Olympus, you meet Melpomene, Muse of Tragedy, that tells you in great sadness , Typhon destroyed most of  Olympus, and even worse, he summon 4x generals to bring  humanity into extincion, you need to stop then at all cost.

D) whats the objective ?

Kill the 4x Minions of Typhon

-Aspect of famine , A ancient Limos that have  leech aura, basic attacks causes  hp and energy drain. cast fear on pets

-Aspect of Brutality, a Minotaur , with great offensive ability, dont try to tank him long enought :)

-Aspect of War, a Automatoi, that domain all elements ( fire , storm and ice).

-Aspect of Terror, a Cyclops  with mace and shield, the ultimate test, before the titan himself. have dream abilities

E) Conclusion and Rewards

After dealing with the treath you must report your deeds to Melpomene. She gives you 2x Scrolls of Vulnerability and 2x Scrolls of Vengence.

You are now ready to face Typhoon  !

Suggestion changes to some quests

Act 1- Gods Abandoned- In order to collect the treasures you must defeat all undead around the area. Except Davey Jones ofc

-Ancient of war , you need to free Hippias from monster war camp, as reward you get a spartan shield.

Act 2- The khufu curse, it could give you a new reward, i dont know what :/, yet

Act 5-Heart to Stomach- gives you some energy potions

-Troubled Son, gives you a elemental shielding scroll.

-The Kornwyf´s Scythe, it can be like charon oar, you can choose to kept it and use it or give to the npc.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #574 on: 04 February 2019, 00:54:20 »
« Last Rated on: 04 February 2019, 17:13:08 »
Completed act 1 few mints ago with hunter+dream combo.

Minoan labyrinth is a perfect final act area, loving it !! Now looking what it matters for now, quests

Looking at quest rewards, i must say most of  sides quest, rewards the player pretty well, have much variety between then which is great. In my opinion theres are 2-3 that needs to be improved in the future.

-Goods Abandoned ( this quest auto completed when you reach the chest near Helicos pass), maybe the chests are now locked and you need to clear all undead around the area, except the boss. As for reward, could be the same , just exp

-Master blacksmith (  blacksmith right after Phoencian Swamps ), for blacksmith that have most strong craft in all greece his stores sells pretty much junk.. this one is tricky i was thinking a special one time shop, could sell some random green itens. but im assuming that would  be very timing consuming just for a small shop. Or could be a turned into a  scrool seller only.

-Undead tyrant ( defeat leucus I in knossos) i would just improve the chest drops

I think the 1st act miss some kind of rescuing mission, i mean a full action rescue, when you face a full warcamp to free the prisoners. like "spartan lost" or "Ancient of war", the rewards remains the same

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: 04 February 2019, 01:20:20 »
« Last Rated on: 04 February 2019, 17:12:56 »
-Master blacksmith (  blacksmith right after Phoencian Swamps ), for blacksmith that have most strong craft in all greece his stores sells pretty much junk.. this one is tricky i was thinking a special one time shop, could sell some random green itens. but im assuming that would  be very timing consuming just for a small shop. Or could be a turned into a  scrool seller only.
I agree with sauruz, he should be selling better stuff. Higher chance of rare affixes... or some special items. Maybe even a small chance for uniques, idk.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #576 on: 04 February 2019, 19:31:19 »
Ugh. Fine.  ::)

I took ALL the loot magical affix tables and duplicated them into two new directoryies. I then used a text search and replace to equalize all the affixes to have the weight of 10. All prefixes and suffixes in those new directories have the same chance of spawning on an item now. 9,900+ entries.
You can see how if I didn't have a seach and replace tool I would never have attempted this. Imagine changing all those 9,900+ entries by hadn one by one.

Luckily, the delphi quest merchant has his own loot table directory. I can't see why, it points to the same tables as all the other merchants using a different table. ? Anyway, I used a search and replace tool to change the file path to the affixes to the new prefix and suffix directories.

So the delphi quest merchant now spawns NO white items and ALL suffixes and prefixes have equal weight.

That's all I 'm going to do.

EDIT:
Well, maybe a little more.

I moved the blacksmithand his house back and expanded the map area up into the hills behind the original position.

In a clearing before the blacksmith's house is a guaranteed spawn of the hardest Cyclops for that area.

And an additional spawn of the toughest Centaur pool as well.

EDIT:
Okay, just one more thing.

I added all normal unique items with 1/8 chance to spawn in the inventory for the epic version of the Blacksmith, same but with all epic unique items for the legendary blacksmith.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2019, 22:59:01 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #577 on: 04 February 2019, 23:55:46 »
Cool :) Nice idea about cyclops/centaurs - no pain, no gain...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: 05 February 2019, 00:01:50 »
I'm tempted to put a hero/boss in the Cyclops pool just for epic and legendary though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #579 on: 05 February 2019, 00:18:37 »
I'm tempted to put a hero/boss in the Cyclops pool just for epic and legendary though.

Sound good to me..wait.... why not two ? :D

One pure brute force and the other pure elemental dmg 

O:-)

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #580 on: 05 February 2019, 02:30:13 »
Started a new illusionist. This time i have to try that caster bomber build :D
No bugs so far, only this strange thing:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Pet portraits are gone, and i'm sure when i started i could see them normally.
Drop rates are very generous so far. Alredy got a bandit's hood :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: 05 February 2019, 03:27:27 »
ShowStatusWidgetWhenPet = 1

I dunno, man

EDIT: Started new rogue, no issues... <shrug>
« Last Edit: 05 February 2019, 03:59:33 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #582 on: 05 February 2019, 09:14:50 »

Pet portraits are gone, and i'm sure when i started i could see them normally.

Hey Nargil!

I reloged my illusionist and i have no issue

Have you tried re-install ? maybe its corrupted file somewhere

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #583 on: 06 February 2019, 02:03:19 »
Quests in act 2.

Overall, i like all rewards from the side quests, i have 3 suggestion.

Plight of Nile farmers- ( the one you defeat the reptelians) just rewards you 1x random charm, on my game was 1x piece of demon blood, was litle disappointed. For not bosting to much i would give, a complete random charm our 3x random charm pieces, it would make the reward better.

Family Heirloom ( the one you need to get the guard sword around Rhakotis)- you could have a option to give or not to give the sword back. The sword would be warfare/storm based and as granted skill is "Summon ancestral warrior".

The Hight Priest Request ( the one you need to get  Khufu staff), same thing as the family sword, if you kept it would be poison/spirit thme, as granted skill "Khufu curse" ,  which decreases enemies poison resistence.

As i as playing  , i had another quest ideia for act2

A) the Quest Name

"Trail of Perdition"

B ) Fast Description

When you enter Artesian Quarters, after Menphis, you meet City captain looking worried , starts to tell you few weeks ago appear reports of missing villagers/merchants near the oasis in Fayum, he sent a group os soldiers to investigate the situation, but still havent heard any news from then. the General ask you to go to Fayum to look out for then.

When you arrive at Fayum you found a injuried soldier , he tells you that a group of creatures attacked the soldiers grabed them to nearby cave. ( Sandswept cave)

As you go deeper into the cave you see the soldiers, unfortunately, dead, sitting next to Nest of insects .

C) whats the objective ?

Looking for the missing soldiers, then destroy the giant brooding egg that spawns the  insects

D) Conclusion and Rewards

After destroying the nest, you collect a soldier medallion and deliver to General.

As reward you get , aside of exp and gold, +2 attribute points and pierce resistance.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline anl93

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #584 on: 06 February 2019, 21:34:37 »
Hello there Bumbleguppy i knew you from Steam and i registered this site just for you
I see you are making LOC2 and i'm happy that you didn't abandoned it.I just wanted to ask few questions and make few soft requests.
Q1: when do you think it will finish?
Q2: does gameplay changed? (more monsters, spawns difficulty etc) ?
Q3: can i download your current mod to see and support your progress?

ReQ1: can you make a simple another soft version of the mod with same masteries but without world changes such as increased monster spawns
This is because i like faser and easier gameplay. I just love to see my pets grow up.

ReQ2: do you think you can make 2 or 3 strong pets for each mastery rather than 1 strong + 3 weak pets (such as 1 slyvian nymph and 3 wolves i'd like to see 1 nymph 1 elder wolf and 1 other strong pet.)
This is personel taste you can ignore this complately.

Thank you we love you and keep up the good work.
You are missed on Steam.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal