Author Topic: Soulvizier AERA - General discussion  (Read 68143 times)

Offline IdoNotKnowWhy

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: Soulvizier AERA - General discussion
« Reply #330 on: 15 June 2020, 06:41:46 »
I have some question about mod:
1.Will mod have Soulvizier HUD in the future ?
2.Can you add more detail about OA, DA, Casting speed,... like you did with DEX, STR and INT?
3.Can i use Mercenary Contracts and Artifacts at the same time in battle ?
4.How many skills that Toxeus can use ?
5.Haven't you changed anythings in Tartarus ?
6.What time Blood Cave will come back ?
7.And last one, will Defense and Earth have skill to + Health ? After all, they are tanker, right ?
Thank you for working hard in this mod. It's really interesting and attractive, even though i died a lot.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2020, 20:01:13 by IdoNotKnowWhy »

Offline Antifringe

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #331 on: 15 June 2020, 16:08:54 »
Random feedback: I ran into a crazy powerful satyr hero shortly after the dowry quest.  He was a lightning shaman with a rapid fire ball lightning attack and an undodgeable stun attack.  His regen was high enough that I couldn't keep pace with it and dodge his attacks at the same time.  I don't mind weird, out-of-depth encounters from time to time, but this guy seemed a bit extreme.  The design is good, it just felt way too soon.  I'd have to have strong resistances in both lightning and stun to fight him, and there's just no way to do that when you only have access to Helos.
It's extremely difficult to do anything with this kind of comment, without a screenshot of the precise location, and if possible the real name of the hero. I guess it was Karato, but he just can't spawn in this location, or I don't know how.

Noted.  I tried to find him again, but hero spawns are rare. 

New issue.  These guys:

are too much.  They have a fast firing lightning attack that does a lot of damage.  They either have a huge health pool or huge resistances, because a full DoT that two shots most champions only took about 8% of their health off.  But the biggest problem is that there are way, way too many of them.  They're about as strong as heroes, and there are 16 of them at once!  I tried kiting some away from the pack, but even the four that I managed to peel off were too much.  You can't really attack much, because you have ot be constantly dodging the converging waves of lightning blasts, and their regen makes guerilla tactics worthless.

I think one or two would be fine as a "mini boss" encounter, but sixteen seems unworkable.  This encounter happens right before reaching Megara.

Offline IdoNotKnowWhy

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #332 on: 15 June 2020, 18:37:58 »
Random feedback: I ran into a crazy powerful satyr hero shortly after the dowry quest.  He was a lightning shaman with a rapid fire ball lightning attack and an undodgeable stun attack.  His regen was high enough that I couldn't keep pace with it and dodge his attacks at the same time.  I don't mind weird, out-of-depth encounters from time to time, but this guy seemed a bit extreme.  The design is good, it just felt way too soon.  I'd have to have strong resistances in both lightning and stun to fight him, and there's just no way to do that when you only have access to Helos.
It's extremely difficult to do anything with this kind of comment, without a screenshot of the precise location, and if possible the real name of the hero. I guess it was Karato, but he just can't spawn in this location, or I don't know how.

Noted.  I tried to find him again, but hero spawns are rare. 

New issue.  These guys:

are too much.  They have a fast firing lightning attack that does a lot of damage.  They either have a huge health pool or huge resistances, because a full DoT that two shots most champions only took about 8% of their health off.  But the biggest problem is that there are way, way too many of them.  They're about as strong as heroes, and there are 16 of them at once!  I tried kiting some away from the pack, but even the four that I managed to peel off were too much.  You can't really attack much, because you have ot be constantly dodging the converging waves of lightning blasts, and their regen makes guerilla tactics worthless.

I think one or two would be fine as a "mini boss" encounter, but sixteen seems unworkable.  This encounter happens right before reaching Megara.
Yes, i think in early game, you should run because many hereos in act 1 have good health regen and some of them have life leech from spirit skill.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #333 on: 15 June 2020, 20:28:54 »
New issue.  These guys:

They're totally doable, I fought them many times with self-found characters.
They have like 3x the health of champion turtles, same resistances except they got 60% lightning instead of 40% cold, and some secondary resistances.
I just take them on one by one or two by two, sometimes I swap to a bow to aggro only a few.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: 15 June 2020, 20:45:45 »
I have some question about mod:
1.Will mod have Soulvizier HUD in the future ?
2.Can you add more detail about OA, DA, Casting speed,... like you did with DEX, STR and INT?
3.Can i use Mercenary Contracts and Artifacts at the same time in battle ?
4.How many skills that Toxeus can use ?
5.Haven't you changed anythings in Tartarus ?
6.What time Blood Cave will come back ?
7.And last one, will Defense and Earth have skill to + Health ? After all, they are tanker, right ?
Thank you for working hard in this mod. It's really interesting and attractive, even though i died a lot.
1. I don't know what that is.
2. OA, DA, maybe if I find useful information to add, Casting Speed, besides the cap I don't see anything useful.
3. No, it's in the same slot.
4. In you mean the one in the Secret passage, 5 active : Distort Reality, Phantom Strike, Lethal Strike, a base attack skill, and a radius attack called Bladestorm. He also has a few passives, Distortion Field and Envenom Weapon.
5. I only reduced Tartarus Health and increased his resists.
6. Never, or maybe if someone else works on something that I like. See the FAQ.
7. I don't know what a "skill to + Health" means. Defense already has the biggest bonus to Health in the mastery bar, and a healing skill. Earth is not a tank mastery.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #335 on: 15 June 2020, 22:24:13 »
New issue.  These guys:

My Prophets have about 70+ damage per hit at this time which you describe (yes lighting and cold most of time, which is resistant by turtles). Depending on "build" at level 10 - you can easily face tank them or can still can face tank them if you focus on recovery items. Generally First 20 level, stacking recovering items feels like cheat, however this mod abandon cheating feelings. This is still valid strategy: this mod allow this.

So, to defeat pack of turtles you need able to tank them (1-3 at once) and deal damage, for example via summons (at  this level no summons be able tank for you), or kill it faster than they can kill you. If your mastery gives additional damage - then enfleebling weapons (even dagger) should allow you tank turtle much longer. Actually slowing enemies is also valid tactics, however having near 90% slowing attack - doesn't mean what you will make this for everyone: some heroes much more resistant or completely immune to effect. I'm already wrote about in another topic. This is what i'm say HORRIBLE experience.

The only thing, what I may agree, what if you really unlucky, or classes did not provide good tools at 1/2 tier skills - then yep, you are in trouble.

Proposed running technique is still valid and legal: right after Megara you may meet really tough heroes which will be defeated easily near end of act 1, but they may spawn right after Megara. And, i'm agreed, what balance there is no exist. Only prior knowledge may save you - you should know if you can survive or tank or kill (have enough dps) or you should skip/run hero this time. This is really bad thing: many areas has specific spawns, so ahead of time you exactly doesn't know what you be able to meet them again.

PS: I'm stuck once in same situation with skeleton-caller (spirit). And it was long recalling run with lot of kiting. Skeletons can't tank them. Only once i'm take aggro and focus their attack - then can do something valuable. Something, doing in minutes what Prophet do in seconds. Haha.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2020, 22:25:47 by lixiss »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: 15 June 2020, 23:13:44 »
My Prophets have about 70+ damage per hit at this time which you describe (yes lighting and cold most of time, which is resistant by turtles). Depending on "build" at level 10 - you can easily face tank them or can still can face tank them if you focus on recovery items. Generally First 20 level, stacking recovering items feels like cheat, however this mod abandon cheating feelings. This is still valid strategy: this mod allow this.

So, to defeat pack of turtles you need able to tank them (1-3 at once) and deal damage, for example via summons (at  this level no summons be able tank for you), or kill it faster than they can kill you. If your mastery gives additional damage - then enfleebling weapons (even dagger) should allow you tank turtle much longer. Actually slowing enemies is also valid tactics, however having near 90% slowing attack - doesn't mean what you will make this for everyone: some heroes much more resistant or completely immune to effect. I'm already wrote about in another topic. This is what i'm say HORRIBLE experience.

The only thing, what I may agree, what if you really unlucky, or classes did not provide good tools at 1/2 tier skills - then yep, you are in trouble.

Proposed running technique is still valid and legal: right after Megara you may meet really tough heroes which will be defeated easily near end of act 1, but they may spawn right after Megara. And, i'm agreed, what balance there is no exist. Only prior knowledge may save you - you should know if you can survive or tank or kill (have enough dps) or you should skip/run hero this time. This is really bad thing: many areas has specific spawns, so ahead of time you exactly doesn't know what you be able to meet them again.

PS: I'm stuck once in same situation with skeleton-caller (spirit). And it was long recalling run with lot of kiting. Skeletons can't tank them. Only once i'm take aggro and focus their attack - then can do something valuable. Something, doing in minutes what Prophet do in seconds. Haha.
You probably expect every mastery or build to behave the same against every monster, that's not the case.
You have to adapt, know the game, know the skills, and have backup solutions (like against Undead if poison, etc.). The mod is not made for beginners, I think you need more knowledge about the game before complaining too much.
Heroes resisting slow and stun is just a basic feature of the vanilla game, it's not a horrible experience, just part of the base game.
And again, I can't do anything with generic comment like "there are heroes that are too strong".

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: 15 June 2020, 23:44:59 »
You probably expect every mastery or build to behave the same against every monster, that's not the case.
You have to adapt, know the game, know the skills, and have backup solutions (like against Undead if poison, etc.). The mod is not made for beginners, I think you need more knowledge about the game before complaining too much.
Heroes resisting slow and stun is just a basic feature of the vanilla game, it's not a horrible experience, just part of the base game.
And again, I can't do anything with generic comment like "there are heroes that are too strong".

I'm may be described badly. Some heroes much more resistant without any visible reason (practically - immune). Some heroes (and most of them) can't resist at all or resist partially, and this is not depends on hero level or color. As player, you just has no any input to guess something. I know what you can't do anything with this. Understand correctly: horrible this is only in sense what overall playing experience is horrible. Say, first-time experience. This is non-linear complexity. There is no issue with strength or resistance of heroes: the issue what they appears when, as you say, some classes has no chances to counter this. Equipment also can't solve: you has no any good what can solve at this moment (just no source, even with money shops are still mediocre). And on top of this, if you newcomer, first levels hero get too quickly, which gives false illusion about strength of hero. And in my taste right before Megara, and right after Megara (is should be 10-11 hero level without farm i guess), - is some kind of culmination: you still too low level, low health, no real damaging skills (yep, depending on mastery) which may help to solve issues. Even quest with three princes is not easy, however, only melee prince is real bad ass (however something similar present in "vanilla" AE too, but not at this degree). Yep, if hero can deal with this at this time without big troubles - i guess, it will not have really big troubles with anyone later (in act 1).

PS: I'm doesn't complain too much. I'm personally found a own way and no one turtle stayed behind me... I'm complain, no more than other say to you. Before you get any tools - game may spawn non adequate challenge for you. This happens rarely on low levels. I'm meet hero who spawn spirit boars, but in sparta. He stun. I'm wasn't able do anything with him at level 7, unless kiting away to spartan's soldiers who with right kiting ends this job. Fighting with 6 spirit boars at once will be challenge enough even at end of act 1 (doen't forget what there is exist also 10-20 satyrs who fire on you, hero fire on you, and if you lucky enough you can get boar rider or even better pillager). And you say about experience? No. There is no any balance. Spawns are not adequate to map level. Stop think about all players around you are stupid mans who doesn't understand nothing. If i'm say what percentage-based damage is suck - then it is suck. This is exist only because whole game never was properly balanced. Period.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2020, 23:54:23 by lixiss »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: 16 June 2020, 01:24:19 »
I'm may be described badly. Some heroes much more resistant without any visible reason (practically - immune). Some heroes (and most of them) can't resist at all or resist partially, and this is not depends on hero level or color. As player, you just has no any input to guess something. I know what you can't do anything with this. Understand correctly: horrible this is only in sense what overall playing experience is horrible. Say, first-time experience. This is non-linear complexity. There is no issue with strength or resistance of heroes: the issue what they appears when, as you say, some classes has no chances to counter this. Equipment also can't solve: you has no any good what can solve at this moment (just no source, even with money shops are still mediocre). And on top of this, if you newcomer, first levels hero get too quickly, which gives false illusion about strength of hero. And in my taste right before Megara, and right after Megara (is should be 10-11 hero level without farm i guess), - is some kind of culmination: you still too low level, low health, no real damaging skills (yep, depending on mastery) which may help to solve issues. Even quest with three princes is not easy, however, only melee prince is real bad ass (however something similar present in "vanilla" AE too, but not at this degree). Yep, if hero can deal with this at this time without big troubles - i guess, it will not have really big troubles with anyone later (in act 1).

PS: I'm doesn't complain too much. I'm personally found a own way and no one turtle stayed behind me... I'm complain, no more than other say to you. Before you get any tools - game may spawn non adequate challenge for you. This happens rarely on low levels. I'm meet hero who spawn spirit boars, but in sparta. He stun. I'm wasn't able do anything with him at level 7, unless kiting away to spartan's soldiers who with right kiting ends this job. Fighting with 6 spirit boars at once will be challenge enough even at end of act 1 (doen't forget what there is exist also 10-20 satyrs who fire on you, hero fire on you, and if you lucky enough you can get boar rider or even better pillager). And you say about experience? No. There is no any balance. Spawns are not adequate to map level. Stop think about all players around you are stupid mans who doesn't understand nothing. If i'm say what percentage-based damage is suck - then it is suck. This is exist only because whole game never was properly balanced. Period.
I just played a new character to check, until Ambrossos for now (Nature with pets, because someone else told it was very bad) and I found it was pretty balanced, kinda easy. I was using self-found items, no artifact/contract, yellow items with very few relics. There was like 1 hero fight that lasted a few minutes, I died, but it wasn't a big deal. Green turtles group took me 2:30 and I wasn't really doing my best, taking them 4 by 4.
Obviously you don't fight a hero in the middle of 20 satyrs, you just clean things around him before really engaging, you don't fight everything at once.
There are some heroes here and there that may be over the top, so I nerf those who can kill you in like in one hit with no cooldown, but it's far from what you describe. To me it's very clear you expect every fight to be as difficult as the last one, but it's not how the game works, sometimes you get surprises.
And if you can't kill one hero for some reason, you can just skip him.

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #339 on: 17 June 2020, 21:15:03 »
I'm playing an Occultist, with an eye towards expanding into warfare.  The idea is to try out a DoT build.  DoT builds didn't really work well in original TQ, and poison DoT were especially bad.  TQAE allows DoTs to scale with player stats, which is huge, basically doubling their power by the time you hit Legendary.

Do you still play an occultist ? If yes, with a new char i just dropped the bloodmistress neith soul interesting for your build:

Spoiler for Hiden:

The summoned pet doesn't do great damage compared to mercenaries and is rather fragile but the aura is great. Therefore the best use for this pet is with defensive stance in order to make the most of the bleeding aura.

I am sure that the sould dropped in normal act II but i wonder where... likely near Fayoum i guess where harpy spots can be found.

@soa there is a minor bug (2nd pic) for the thumb-size image of the pet.

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: 18 June 2020, 17:37:56 »

I just played a new character to check, until Ambrossos for now (Nature with pets, because someone else told it was very bad) and I found it was pretty balanced, kinda easy. I was using self-found items, no artifact/contract, yellow items with very few relics. There was like 1 hero fight that lasted a few minutes, I died, but it wasn't a big deal. Green turtles group took me 2:30 and I wasn't really doing my best, taking them 4 by 4.
Obviously you don't fight a hero in the middle of 20 satyrs, you just clean things around him before really engaging, you don't fight everything at once.
There are some heroes here and there that may be over the top, so I nerf those who can kill you in like in one hit with no cooldown, but it's far from what you describe. To me it's very clear you expect every fight to be as difficult as the last one, but it's not how the game works, sometimes you get surprises.
And if you can't kill one hero for some reason, you can just skip him.

I'm yesterday played with fresh self-found char until Megara (started from DW Warfare + very few levels of Storm) and it was was pretty good, however some Maenad hero give some stress in Megara Bluff, but I'm survived (did not remember her name, but she attack pretty fast and hit with special attack in 200-300 hp and massive bleeding i guess, really not very concentrated on this). Meet green turtles, but also did not get nothing serious with them. Continued today, and right after Megara Polypas? price of sword kill me. I'm even teleport to prepare before it kill me. Lol. I'm know some cheese bow tactics over him, but tried to play fair. :) I'm finally killed this prince, rush for cyclope boss, and practically kill it relatively easily in melee (surely, not by just face tanking it all the time). I'm found what experience may deeply vary on their equipment, there is nothing wrong.

PS: I'm noticed what Storm mastery now gives less health, than usual (but more energy). Is it what expected?

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: 18 June 2020, 23:14:41 »
PS: I'm noticed what Storm mastery now gives less health, than usual (but more energy). Is it what expected?
I haven't made that change, but I think this is intended.

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: 20 June 2020, 22:15:50 »
@soa Sorry, again. I'm still not sure what you me absolutely correctly understand. Generally you are right, however, item requirements has gaps (shields). Some items has gaps, - items from one level / one set (normal set) - has different requirements. All of us can close eyes on this, because this is not a big matter, but this is not consistent. Same for heroes. I'm last days somehow (i'm fantastic idiot) lost all my saves and start new char. :) Defense+Storm. Archon. And i'm early got drop (which never happens for other my chars at this level) - got Moonwell jewerly, which really fits my plan. But, just right after Helos on level 1 i meet fire-satyr hero, he is level 11, and helos's guardians care about. I'm doesn't say what it too strong, but i'm say what current spawn equations actually wrong. It is what peoples say - you can be level 1-5 and meet some powerful heroes. I'm meet before at same area hero boar. I'm here doesn't say what they are really though - i'm say, what they may appear at this area without respect to hero level. Generally, this is happens and later, but all depends on your class. I'm start's to play with Defense+Storm (Why always storm? Well... Don't know, because always play with storm - no matter if it is not really fits.). So I'm only saying what PROBABLY difficultyEquations are wrong or difficultyCuttOffs are not defined at all. What is a problem. Heroes may appear when you has no tools. Like a some fire-satyr hero at very first area, or like a hero boar. All of them are "doable" depending on mastery and on your's personal kiting mastery. My complaining is what it is gives absolutely fantasticly wrong learning curve. What is what. Yep, some heroes still in my case a too strong. But, we can really skip this, and count as complains. But, meeting heroes at area north to Helos - is absolutely doable, but generally relies on luck (when you meet it - after you level up or before), which opens much more questions, surely, Soulvizier authors NEVER CARE ABOUT. I'm did not expect about from you. Understand me right - i'm just say you fact. You can try do something with it, or ignore completely. My goal - only show current possiblities for you.

Another thing - it is indirect difficulty changing from hero level. Say, it should be good to know - should we farm first hero for soul or we should no? Because my heroes who tried farm it - ends with 5-6 level without leaving Helos. When you trying to play with this char - it is "cursed" by diffculty equation, so, anyone who any bit overleveled - has better chances to meet stronger enemies. As result - you may try infinitely to play fair up to megara but you never get same spaws as users, who play differently a bit (no matter if it is expected or no).

As I'm say, I'm point only on existing a potential issue. E.g. in short, yep, level 1 hero may get level 11 hero as enemy just north from Helos. Or level 9 hero boar. I'm personally meet lot of them, and sometimes look for meeting. But in terms of balance - i'm can't say what everything is good. You still can get spawns which can "disrupt" you in one hit (Calybe for example).

Read carefully again, we speak about same thing about week: there is nothing wrong with them per-self. The wrong thing only what they spawn when you char can't be ready. Yep, you can stack resistance of something, but in reality, game provides 8 damage types, 8 resistance types + 8 cc resistance types. Which you should choose choice? Each hero do own damage type, so you even can't rely on environment.

As always, i'm still say what best defense early game - is stacking recovery/rejuventation items. In normal AE it was opinionable (choose between how many you gulp potions vs don't gulp). But in this mod - high recovery from my perspective AS MELEE char - is mandatory. 30 hp/sec - is mediocre. 50-100 - is ultimate goal for end of act 1. Surely health pool should be also big.

I'm playing now with new char (again) defense+storm - it is fantastic. It feels very strong. Really. But, in fact, you doesn't need to have special attacks for regular mobs, and rare of special attacks can really change a fight with hero. Well. "Static Charge" in my taste even in 1 point (but better 4) - actually solves many heroes fights. The thing is what it is very strong skill, it is available early, it is per-hit, and... it can work as last chance to win. When just DPS/High Damage is not help - then it alone helps a lot. I'm feel like a cheater with it (not really like a cheat, it work not so often, but for classes who no have any real special attack - it can change whole battle). As example - i tried to win a battle with good damage, but it was satyr or maenad (did not remember) at megara bluff nature-based char which recover self too fast. Once i'm pick this skill - i'm just pew-pew she from bow, because... well, because this skill may help a lot. However, this skill, doesn't work when it doesn't work, and 14% at 8/8 level is not what really high (but enough). What I mean - skill is very strong. But i'm meet already lot of heroes where this skill at 4/8 doesn't matter at all.

Also, my biggest notice - not only heroes, but almost normal mobs can do very strong CC. Say hero-like (yellow?) gorgon cryomncer gorgons can freeze you on... forever. In minoan labyrinth is deadly. So any Mountainer's armor is a good way to get big up to surviving. However, normally, when i'm playing without pets - i'm has no issues. On another side - frost mage still can ditch them out almost alone... Ugh! + standard artifacts which give you chocie - get free pet or buff self.

Mine Achron got "Shroud of Eternal Night" formula every early, AND i'm know how to craft this formula by using sources in areas near Tegea. This is one of artifacts which i'm hate - it adds too many good things, without any specialization. Meh. Almost never use it. But i'm start to use it. I'm crafted it at level 10, by absolutely legal crafting - and it solves some issues with attack speed and damage. It is not thing what i'm want, but it is much more early available without drawbacks.

Also my Achron feels very strong, however it is not really stronger than Tempest or Prophet. Prophet actually most easiest char (in my taste) to dealing early with heroes.

Any way, i'm re-run Tempest and Prophet again too, but Achron my favourite currently. :)

PS: To make Achron be playable i'm overriden Buff03.pfx to be empty - i'm use Batter as LMB skill, and rend armor effect (which i'm currently pick ONLY for additional target) - adds a lot of purple circles on screen which appears every 4 seconds. It is okay for enemy skills, but for player skills which used regurarly... ouch. So, i'm just put empty file in game folders, and make self free from this visuals. I'm doesn't play lot of time with Defense exactly by this case... whoa. There is same with Dream - it is very nice mastery, but some visuals are HORRIBLE. After some skills you never know what really happens on the screen. It is playable, but add this psionic touch on every hit, and if you melee char you will see a lot of a BIG BOOMS on eyes. (ADD: I mean regular big booms as melee char is funny, but in long term is kind of tiring effect. + phantom strike = lot of smoothness of screen. E.g. in practice i'm end what doesn't understand what happens on screen at all. And Dream mastery help in this misunderstanding a lot. But this master still very-very-very strong, and still one of my favourites, except "spells" - but this is only mine opinions and to be efficient dream-melee char you doesn't need them at all actually, even in SV).

PPS: In parallel run with Tempest. Never liked OnSlaught. Nice skill, may be stronger than Psionic Touch, but in early game it doesn't worth more than 1-2 points. In many cases if you need keep auras - it doesn't worth any point at all, because it consume energy faster, than at early levels it can give benefits. Again, i'm doesn't say what it is bad or wrong. But Battle Rage for example is clear buff. But you can get 8/8 points on OnSlaugh, say at level 8, and feel what it give you nothing. I'm know it has +Total Damage, i'm only mean, what it has strange description, and very pathetic flat bonus. In practice - most of times (at low levels) you can get better results without this skill at all. (Only in my taste, but i'm tried to play only with this skill alone, and found what is not rewardable early.) (ADD: This doesn't meant what skill wrong, but DESCRIPTION say really something strange. Escalating charge? Really? It works like adding flat bonus + total damage from numbers what i'm seen. I mean description is more confusing than game-generated info.)
« Last Edit: 20 June 2020, 23:34:02 by lixiss »

Offline UnBorn

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #343 on: 28 July 2020, 10:42:50 »

@lixiss
Soulvizier authors NEVER CARE ABOUT???

I played loot in my time and in version of mod i played game was perfectly fine, only thing i remember at one point was bit over tuned life regen on some uncommon monster pack that got fixed.
Most problems come from wanting more, before content was mostly epic and legendary difficulty.
If you have monster with 4 skills when hero have one it's obviously problem, you can't simply down scale monster levels.
From my point im perfectly fine with just old content and bug fixes, adding new things is very demanding for one person alone. Instead of fixing this he should just remove normal difficulty content making trouble and spend energy where it really matter mid-end game. I played similar games where content is sezonal and what work they keep and move to new things. Having fun in experiencing new things is also a concept.

Offline oldirtybingo

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: 02 August 2020, 11:05:53 »
Hey Everyone!

Great work on the mod first of all, been following this process for quite a while, and i´m exhilerated to see it finally playable.
I have a question though: In my game i see text such as "tagnewitem", "tagnewmerchant". It seems that, whenever there is something new, something goes wrong. I tried searching the forums, but couldnt find anything. I installed the "Hard mod" version, and did as instructed when installing.
Anybody know how to fix this?

It seems, that i cant

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal