Author Topic: Atlantis update messes with mods :(  (Read 10898 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Reinc

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Atlantis update messes with mods :(
« on: 12 May 2019, 10:42:25 »
With the new Atlantis DLC out, many good mods will have to be updated or risk falling to the wayside. I personally was disappointed to see that the 6-player mod does not affect Atlantis DLC main map. Moreover, not only does the Socket Epic and Legendary DIY mod no longer works, but the guide page for it was deleted from Steam.

I know it's only been a couple days since the release, but I hope the modder base of TQ is still strong and will keep up with game's development.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Atlantis update messes with mods :(
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2019, 11:28:16 »
Hey Reinc, welcome to the foruns :)

Im with you, with the new dlc most of mods need work to be updated into new ATlantis.

But no worries, TQ have strong community that is working hardly to get the mods be acessible :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2019, 12:12:26 »
With the new Atlantis DLC out, many good mods will have to be updated or risk falling to the wayside. I personally was disappointed to see that the 6-player mod does not affect Atlantis DLC main map. Moreover, not only does the Socket Epic and Legendary DIY mod no longer works, but the guide page for it was deleted from Steam.

I know it's only been a couple days since the release, but I hope the modder base of TQ is still strong and will keep up with game's development.

Some xmod (x3, x4, xmax,.. Massboss) still works, but the New Show all DMG function don't work.

P/S: My 6players mod still work well with Atlantis.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2019, 15:40:35 by icefreeze »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2019, 13:09:58 »
This is an important topic as it seems there's a range of problems each of us is experiencing.  New projects, along with old mods are not working correctly while others seem unaffected and run fine  :-\.  Sigh.. but I guess this is to be expected with an all new DLC joining the TQ family.  I suspect a large part of the problem is the new Dx11 changes/support clashing with the vanilla specs etc.

Currently the devs are rolling out patch after patch which is addressing bugs within the main game, and while these aren't really focused on mods, they are planning on looking into the modding side of things once the more obvious bugs are fixed - so that's positive.  It's also only logic to approach patch content in this order.

Anyway, onto my problems!
I've loaded up my mod ingame post-Atlantis and the player cannot move.  So pathing issue right? Well to test this I went into the Editor, selected the terrain region which has a rebirth fountain where my character spawns.  Rebuilt map and pathing, save and exit.  Loaded up Art Manager, hit build and then got this unfriendly message:

I loaded the game anyway and ofc cannot move anywhere.. So yeah hmm.  Anyone else here encountered this?
I'm thinking that it's something to do with having my CustomMaps folder in my TQIT directory and now with Atlantis it doesn't recognize this?? Perhaps it now needs to be in the TQAE directory, idk.
I'm reluctant to move/mess with stuff atm though tbh.  Let me know if you guys have any suggestions here  ;)

« Last Edit: 15 May 2019, 13:13:37 by Prosoro »
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline undefind

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -1
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2019, 20:39:26 »
from a comment on Steam about mods:

"In the comments of the Paths mod it was mentioned that they couldn't used the compressed .arc files anymore, they apparently aren't loading anymore. So they had to put the whole uncompressed folder in for the mod. Is that something you have tried?"

in the particular mod discussion this came from (Masteries mod), the author did this suggestion and it works.
My mods and some other mods

https://mega.nz/#F!v5tGhawJ!BeMd_SSWpWZAeG4h3F2YFg

ATTENTION! .arz must be the same name as the name of the mod. i.e. custommaps --> DropSounds + Massbosses + Mis are epic + affixes are common

Database needs to have that long name (or change folder name)

Also on Steam

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2019, 22:44:26 »

"In the comments of the Paths mod it was mentioned that they couldn't used the compressed .arc files anymore, they apparently aren't loading anymore. So they had to put the whole uncompressed folder in for the mod. Is that something you have tried?"

in the particular mod discussion this came from (Masteries mod), the author did this suggestion and it works.

Yeaahhh! it works :DD

Had a problem with my custom meshes textures couldnt appear duo of custom arc file. Put the compressed folder and fixed it
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #6 on: 16 May 2019, 23:08:47 »

Yeaahhh! it works :DD

Had a problem with my custom meshes textures couldnt appear duo of custom arc file. Put the compressed folder and fixed it
Can you describe exactly what you did ? Is it like you put the uncompressed folder of the .arc in the same directory as the .arc ? (either in custommaps or directly in the game Resources directory) ?
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 16 May 2019, 23:30:45 »
Yes, something like that a uncompressed folder of your arc that you need to put in same directory as the other arcs.

My games/Immortal throne/custom maps/ your mod name/resources

I had meshes.arc file with all my custom meshes, since the game right now dont read custom arc files, i created new folder  named "meshes"( it must have same name as the arc file that doesnt work).

Inside new meshes folder i copied the folder i had with all my custom made meshes.

Open the artmanger , build the mod and it should be working.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2019, 23:54:26 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline DarknessMuta

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -7
« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2019, 09:35:26 »
Yes, something like that a uncompressed folder of your arc that you need to put in same directory as the other arcs.

I had meshes.arc file with all my custom meshes, since the game right now dont read custom arc files, i created new folder  named "meshes"( it must have same name as the arc file that doesnt work).

Inside new meshes folder i copied the folder i had with all my custom made meshes.

Thanks for the tip about the uncompressed folder and location as I was able to get the Allskins mod to work but now I need to learn how to convert one of those skin models I want to use to be permanent so I can still get the Steam Achievements to work with the mod. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2019, 14:16:47 »
I have a question for art manager experts:

When the game went for v2.3, I modded it for the first time with:
- changed starter merchant's price cap on all difficulties
- changed values of camera view
- changed potion stacking cap

After v2.4 when I edited it again, I've only got merchant changes, the rest goes to default.

One thing I know is that camera view and potion stacking are in "gameengine.dbr", so I'm guessing the problem lies is that area?

Anyway, can someone tell me, what did I do wrong?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2019, 14:29:03 »

Thanks for the tip about the uncompressed folder and location as I was able to get the Allskins mod to work but now I need to learn how to convert one of those skin models I want to use to be permanent so I can still get the Steam Achievements to work with the mod.

Not necessary. You can go two ways :

1] Replace the base texture of the female_pc with your new texture.

2] Add/replace the texture of your choice in the game's database and place it in a dye or something.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Reinc

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 29 September 2019, 14:37:45 »
So, how did the situation change? Did anyone figure out a way to socket epic and legendary items in Atlantis? What about  6-player mod?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 29 September 2019, 16:20:47 »
Oldest Mods dont work anymore, duo of update mod tools, unless the Mod Author re build the mod once again.

Enchant Epic and legendary is needed to mess with engine dllb files. Only Soulvizer mod has it.

6x players mod should work by now, since i see couple youtube videos about it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Reinc

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 29 September 2019, 16:25:48 »
Enchant Epic and legendary is needed to mess with engine dllb files. Only Soulvizer mod has it.

I know. I'm looking for a separate mod.

6x players mod should work by now, since i see couple youtube videos about it.

None of the videos I've seen show the Atlantis map having additional monsters and loot. It's just like I said in the beginning - you can still play with the 6-player mod, but it does not affect Atlantis map, except for the Tartarus arena.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #14 on: 29 September 2019, 16:56:22 »
- Old xmax, massbosses mod still works with Atlantis but not fully support (like show all dmg features of Atlantis doesn't works), bossses just x3 with massbosses (as it works with Ragnarok).
- 6players mod works ok with Atlantis.
- There are new xmax and xmax+ for Atlantis months ago.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal