Author Topic: Idea - Stealth  (Read 5551 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Idea - Stealth
« on: 21 October 2018, 00:23:33 »
So I've never modded this game, and I'm not sure what's plausible or even possible within the ordinary limitations and what isn't. In fact, I haven't even played mods for this game yet!

But I was browsing the forums here, and I saw that there's some cheat that stops enemies from noticing the player, and it got me thinking. An earlier idea I had for the Rogue mainly was stealth, which, in my imagination, would make it harder for enemies to notice the player (that is, you could move closer to them without being noticed).

Now you could add stuff like passives that increase your damage against targets that aren't focused on you right now, although I imagine they'd be easier to set off using things like pets, stun, confusion, and the like. You could have a skill that would make you completely undetectable, but would be dispelled immediately after attacking.

Edit: an inverted Provoke effect, even?

I don't know if the game even checks facing for enemies (do they notice you easier if they're facing you, and harder if they're facing away)?

I might be straying too deep into RPG territory, really. I was just wondering if this sort of thing was possible, and if there was any interest in it (I'm not asking for myself, I have no idea how to mod this game).
« Last Edit: 21 October 2018, 00:41:30 by Firebrand »

Not Yet Rated!

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Idea - Stealth
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2018, 01:17:33 »
im not sure if that concept works in TQ, duo of the engine. did we got anything close to stealt anyway ingame ?

unless..if the player have same mechanics as the shadowstalkers, they are invisible until the player comes to then.

but i can be wrong as well :S
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2018, 01:43:06 »
The closest skill to stealth concept that i know of is Phantom strike, but it is too fast to work as real sneaking.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2018, 03:26:44 »
There's no such thing like hit-detection in TQ (backstabbing, for example.) Mostly because since no monster, spell, item or mastery uses such mechanic, there's no reason for it to exist anywhere in the game's code.

EDIT : And I bet this is out of the modding's reach.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2018, 06:08:03 »
an easier way that's still close to stealth is a passive chance to dodge attacks.. and i think that warfare dodge skill is out of place.. should've been on rogue
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2018, 09:04:20 »
shadowstalkers can be targetted AND killed by 1 shot range attacks but they become insta-untargettable after taking 1st damage or if they spot u first.

Is that untargettability implementable?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2018, 15:52:34 »
...and i think that warfare dodge skill is out of place.. should've been on rogue
I was thinking the same way... untill I wached again the fight between Achilles and Hector. Alot of dodging there. Idk how accurate it is, but its awesome :)
The original Dodge Attacks skill was called Parry, maybe it was to work differently. If i was to make a Parry skill, it would be something like % chance of 100% Physical resist or somenting like that.
« Last Edit: 21 October 2018, 15:56:10 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2018, 20:13:49 »
Parry should be in warfare and it should work similar to shield block but with no shield.  Shields work similar to DW, so turn around is FairPlay.  Plus, it’s hard to parry with a shield. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 21 October 2018, 23:14:34 »
...and i think that warfare dodge skill is out of place.. should've been on rogue
I was thinking the same way... untill I wached again the fight between Achilles and Hector. Alot of dodging there. Idk how accurate it is, but its awesome :)
The original Dodge Attacks skill was called Parry, maybe it was to work differently. If i was to make a Parry skill, it would be something like % chance of 100% Physical resist or somenting like that.
one could argue Achilles is a warden  :P
using spear and shield and it was mentioned in some works that he was invulnerable except for his heel.. that's defense right?
although I've read Homer didn't mention Achilles was invulnerable.. and Homer's work is the original i think

I'd like it more if warfare has like berserk skill where you sacrifice some defense (maybe DA?) for a frenzied more damage offense (aside from DW).. should be fun when used with DW and onslaught.. melee glass cannon  :)) .. it's up to the user how he/she addresses the glassy part
« Last Edit: 21 October 2018, 23:18:06 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tholuneve

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2018, 03:52:19 »
Phantom Strike and Shadowstalkers are the only "stealth" thing in this game I think.
However, I don't think they actually uses a stealth concept in this game. Shadowstalkers cannot attack players while they are untargetable, and when they do, they are targetable. Phantom strike, despite its description, you actually un-stealth before you perform the actual strike, which means you do not perform the strike while in stealth. When I use phantom strike on dragon mage in Act3, sometimes I insta-kill myself due to the reflection shield. Given that I use the skill while unnoticed by monsters, and reflection shield has a cast animation and cast time, the only explanation is that the actual strike happens after I become visible, and draw the aggro of dragon mage.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal