Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230698 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Version 2 Development LOC
« Reply #495 on: 20 December 2018, 01:47:45 »
Created Rune Revenant skeletons for Act 5 to appear with the storm revenants just to mix it up a little.

Increased the ADCtH for wolf petskill Maul.

Reworked the Runecircle traps as they would hit when they spawned, I don't understand how the Runemastery doesn't. I used all the same templates.

So I made the invisible monster spawn effect the rune circle and cast sound as spawn sound. Life time 2 seconds. Attack radius on death with runecircle explosion effect.

Also had to rework teh effects to last only 2 seconds instead of 3.

]EDIT: Just opened up teh wolf files to double check and they are still all teh Nature skill files and not hunting. D'oh.
« Last Edit: 20 December 2018, 01:49:34 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #496 on: 20 December 2018, 20:14:26 »
Nice improvements!

More sugestions.

-bone scarabs could have some bleeding dot damage, so you dont let then swarm around you :)

-Colossal Scorpion ( the base one) could cast a poison pool.

-Iznu Hyena can have a different colour, to show he is not a "wana-be" chiefman

-Nehabkau summons can be improved  O:-)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #497 on: 20 December 2018, 20:37:42 »
Just spent a lot of time trying to get Nature's Wrath to proc from an item skill for the Centaur Warden MI bow.

The only projectile skill template that works with autocast AI controllers that I could determine was SKill_AttackProjectileRing set to 0 projectile rotation and 1 projectile.

I tried Attack Projectile, Attack Projectile Burst, dodn't want a volley type skill as it wouldn't carry the projectile flight fx.

I had to go through the artifact skills just to see what already works and there is only the one projectile skill and that's the Tidalwave, which is a Skill_AttackProjectileRing template with 3 projectiles.

Sometimes the rules behind the scenes are so arcane, not intuitive at all. How was I supposed to know that you need to use that template? Oh well. It works now.

Also, Theban Helm item skill Armor Handling doesn't work. So I just transferred the relevant skill values from Armor Handling directly onto the  helmet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #498 on: 21 December 2018, 19:43:49 »
Added secret bandit hideout cave in the collector quest spider cave on the way to chang'an

Added +%defense and +%damage to Humans to Horn of Lochagos in Warfare tier 7 skill.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2018, 20:11:39 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #499 on: 21 December 2018, 22:56:08 »
I was taking a lo0k at bolttraps after watching the Dreamkiller build vid here https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=832, and it occurred to me that moving Traps to tier 1 and nerfing the damage to match, left me with a max level damage that was less than vanilla.

I needed some kind of parabola and didn't want to do the math by hand, so I wrote a primitive script like this:
Code: [Select]
var outputArr = [];
for(var i = 4, j = 5; i < 30; i++, j++){
outputArr.push(parseInt((i * j)/2.25) + '.000000');
}

Which gave me roughly what I was looking for. I took the resulting sequence and used it for the min damage output, and multiplied it by 1.25 to get the max damage output.

Starts out doing 8 - 10 piercing damage, then has about the same as vanilla at level 20: 245 - 306.
Vanilla unlocks traps at tier 2, of course, and the trap damage starts at 16 - 30 piercing and at level 20 is 224 - 306.

Of course if you really dedicate yourself to traps in LoC, with +10 to skill the damage for traps is 386 - 482.

Level 26 in vanilla (which is actually there in the trap default attack skill, though you can never get it) is 324 - 440.

So I ended up with a primitive parabola number sequence like I wanted. Sweet.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2018, 23:00:14 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #500 on: 24 December 2018, 18:42:25 »
Merry Christmas everybody!  :))

Added poison cloud to green glowing mushroom decorations and pink mushroom spore skill to the purple mushroom decorations in Act 3 caves.

Added earth sprite/ Marid pools to the fire sprite proxies throughout act 3 caves.

Added MI Merchant to very last jail cell in Hades Palace by the Warden of Souls.

I have experimented with TRYING to remove the Zeus speech by adding a zero length mp3 for the Zeus dialog audio and removing all the file paths that describe the Zeus dialog ingame text box. I hope it doesn't break the door to act 4.

Re-added the treasure chests that the devs removed for the Crab quest in act 4 and buffed them up a bit. Also, the reward is now 3 champion heart fragments instead of a act 4 relic.

The reward for the Outpost in the Woods quest is now 2 skill points. HOWEVER, the Anteok quest boss (snicker...boss, more like vice secretary for regional marketing) is now a real boss, a buffed up Nightstalker Shadowlord with a second form drops a boss chest.

Added Egyptian peasant bandits in act 2. "Egyptian Bandits" as an in-game monster name is pretty dang lame, so I'm open to suggestions.

I removed the +%total damage from the boss relics and replaced it with flat health/mana regen.

Finished several MI sets.

Updated the mesh/textures for Raksashas AGAIN. I just can't decide how they should look.

Finished up the hidden temple of Fu Cang Long in Upper Mongolia to explore after the Djinn quest. I actually met the boss Fu Cang Long with my Ranger in Act 3 and he wiped me out pretty fast.

Added the burning dead to act 3 wusao mountain obsidian halls to replace the golden skeletons.

Nerfed the HP for act 3 zombies and reduced their pierce resist.

High level Fire Sprites fire breath is working now, almost all the fire sprites in the obsidian halls breathe fire now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gestalt

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #501 on: 26 December 2018, 00:15:35 »
Happy Hollidays!

Wow, you are on fire, Bumble. Really good changes, liked them. But what I even more like is to play your mod. I am holding on buying expac but once you finish it, there is no chance for me not to buy it.

Thanks again for caring about TQ and us :).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #502 on: 26 December 2018, 00:37:47 »
Thank you from an old guy with a hobby. :)

Today I added a permanent +0.5HP /Sec reward to the Admetus medicine fetch quest in act 4 Epirus.
Added 2 attribute point reward to the rescue mission outside Epirus.

I imported and updated Amazons for the beach around Rhodes. Still working on it, the javelin hurlers aren't hurling yet.

FINALLY moved the stupid Nightstalker proxies away from the cliff edge so they don't spawn in the area below and make my pets mill about.

Updated the particle effect for Chimera Death Wave (electric radius attack...it's called Death Wave in the DB so I call it that lol) so I could give it to the Hydradon quest boss in the hades water area there. Also gave him shadow breath. Hydradon Blacktongues now have shadow breath and a manaburn attack aura, too.

Added +%defense and +%damage to Insects to Heart of Oak.

Still tweaking the Secret Temple in Mongolia. Yesterday I got stuck because a door wouldn't open. So it's  a lot of bugfixes at this point.

Happy New Year to everybody!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #503 on: 26 December 2018, 03:00:55 »
Merry Cristmas BG :)
I saw you updated the mod link again. Nice xmas present :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #504 on: 27 December 2018, 01:17:04 »
Happy New Year nargill66! :D

Today I greatly expanded the catacombs beneath Elysium city.

I created Shadow Skeleton Priests and Shadow Revenants. I also created a Shadow Revenant miniboss at the end of the expanded Elysium catacombs.

Hmm...that was like 8 hours work boiled down to two sentences lol :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #505 on: 27 December 2018, 09:50:35 »
Just dropping by to say that there are many fans like me, who's silently cheering for you, BG.

And paitently waiting for v2 release.   ^-^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BlackSunSerpent

• Exterat scientia ut arma.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
« Reply #506 on: 27 December 2018, 22:22:25 »
Merry christmas and happy hollidays to all alpha testers and Bumbleguppy  :))

Sry for long hiatus, have so problems IRL to deal with, now may start new playthrough, again x)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #507 on: 27 December 2018, 23:13:45 »
Happy Holidays to you! I hope your problems get solved soon. :)

No worries, I am updating the map and quests. When any quest is updated, it throws a wrench into the quest save file guts. Testing quests in game is maddening because of it.

So a hiatus is good timing right now.

I made the orangey yellow mushroom decorations into monsters that release yellow clouds that do bleeding and physical DoT. Added purple mushrooms to cave of whispers. Added yellow mushrooms to Mynemosyne cave.

Added spider-egg "dark obelisks" that summon tiny Formicids to the Formicid areas in Medea's grove and in Styx caves.

I updated two ragnarok sets, brennus and thor's.

Added flat lightning/electric burn to Essence of Thor's Hammer relic and +% lightning and electric burn as well.

Added giant cyclops to the entrance to hades right after you get through Epirus area.

Removed a section of wall from Epirus area between quest spawns so pets don't run around trying to path through it.

Re-added the killable Epirus guards that spawn zombies on death.

I didn't go as far as v1.1 as far as the shades you release from cages in Styx etc. I only gave them a treasure proxy that drops an assortment of chests of varying quality about 65% of the time. No spawning enemy shades this version. But more treasure. :) (tiny chance of boss chest spawn)

Funny thing happened while I was testing the new Renewal skill in Nature.

It seems the cooldown reduction of the self buff applies to the skill itself! I know, right? So the time starts after the skill in the engine I guess.

Anyway, it is supposed to cooldown over 60 seconds. So it was only a matter of making each level's cooldown = (60 * cooldwn reduction percent) + 60 seconds. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline fingolfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #508 on: 28 December 2018, 11:23:45 »
Merry Christmas and happy New year. Hope you all had a lovely time.

Did you mention that there is a new update out. I don’t seem to be able to see it

Been trying out the Paladin ice shard build.   Think you have to balance the  skills with the pets especially frost wisp and shield maiden. Provides a bit of tanking to help survivablity 

I am at Athens now got torrent at last going. With a few points in battle awareness and adrenaline

Will keep progressing. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #509 on: 28 December 2018, 18:30:16 »
Keep me posted, I've actually never played an ice shard character before myself. Not enough pets.  ^-^

Had a bit of a glitch in the Styx leader quest, by that I mean my quest rewrite was a total failure.

Having the quest item for a fetch quest an equippable item is a bit more difficult to process than I thought.

At least the job I did on creating an equippable oar was pretty good, I'm using it on my Ranger right now even though I can't complete the quest with that character.

The problem I face is how the quest knows which version normal/epic/legendary of the item you own when turning it in. Also, I still don't know if the quest recognizes equipped items as "has item in inventory". It may not see it and that will cause confusion to players, they may have to unequip the item to turn it in.

Anyway, I created a solution I think will work this time (ha ha).

Each Quest boss has three different monster files. One of which spawns when you go to do battle with them. A weaker one, an average one and a strong one. One of them is selected randomly from the "proxy pool" that contains all three files paths to the three versions.

So I deleted the weak and average versions of Medusa, copied the strongest one twice and renamed them to look like the weak and average versions.

I added each one to their own "proxy pool" individually. Every Medusa spawning in game will be the strongest version now. But that's not important, what's important is that I added one of each of the three separate pool files to the Medusa proxy in each difficulty. Normal, Epic and Legendary each spawn only one Medusa version.

In the same quest file that  controls the Alal reverting to flesh from stone, I added the quest trigger "Player kills monster X" and gave a token "Normal Difficulty", "Epic Difficulty" and "Legendary Difficulty" based on which version of Medusa was killed.

The Gorgons are the very first quest boss battle that you can't skip, that's why I used that battle to give the difficulty version token and not the Satyr Shaman or the Centaur or even Arachne...those can be skipped.

So then I rewrote the quest for the Styx leader and oar and I could say "Player picked up Normal_Difficulty_Charons_Oar_Version" with "Has Normal Difficulty Token too" to make sure you are in the right difficulty with the right oar.

I sure hope this version works, it has a lot less to go wrong in the quest file as I only had to copy-n-paste each trigger and change the "has token" and "has item" values and not create multiple leader NPCs and such.

EDIT:

ANother thing I thought of is that if you  turn in Charon's oar to the quest giver, you can just reload and kill Charon and get another anyway. That defeats the idea of it being a fixed choice.

So I created a trap skill for Charon's treasure orb that summons an invisible monster that dies and drops the oar from his initial chest and the repeat chest. THEN I cloned the repeat chests, accessory files and proxy and removed the trap skill.

In the xpack boss chest swap quest, I checked if you had completed the oar quest. If you did, you don't get another oar. Otherwise you do....since you can only pick up one at a time, you can at least farm for affixes.

I Made Xanthippus healing staff quest item into an equippable staff. It has a built in item skill which is basically a healing scroll for the party with a big cooldown. It also comes with a hefty pet elemental and poison resistance bonus. Otherwise it's a crappy Helos level staff as far as the player is concerned.

Keep it and you have a party heal skill you don't have to buy, turn it in and get a vitality resistance buff. Again, if you turn it in, the quest file disables the staff chest proxy. So you can turn it in or keep it, not both.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2018, 00:01:00 by Bumbleguppy »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal