Author Topic: Creating "Goddess Athena" Build  (Read 4550 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Damian

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +4
Creating "Goddess Athena" Build
« on: 22 November 2020, 16:22:48 »
Hello!

I am new(ish) to the game, but I have been watching videos and reading forum posts fascinated by the many build possibilities. But at a certain point I need to stop planning and just commit to a character to at least get to Epic mode.

I want to keep Athena fairly simple: I am actually OK with a tanky straightforward, bash everything that moves with few skills gameplay loop.

Defense Mastery seems mandatory. Not just because it fits the Athenian theme but because I am not very good at the game and I need something idiot-proof. I am really worried about resistances: I gather that resistances are essentially more important than your offense.

The question is: what will be her other mastery?

Warfare on paper seems like the "best" and Conqueror seems to be the recommendation for the ideal new player experience. Straightforward, strong, simple. The problem is... theme. Swords just don't feel right on this character. Shes a spearwoman...

Which essentially leaves us: Warden, Corsair, Templar (Guardian, Spellbreaker/Runesmith etc seem too difficult/weird)

Warden... Doesn't look very promising at all on paper. Nothing in the hunting mastery looks powerful at all. I keep reading wood lore and volley are nice: but they seem redundant paired with Defense. No left mouse button strikes, no aoe. If someone can speak on their warden experience I would be curious to hear. It looks extremely mediocre to me.

Corsair. Now this interests me. I dunno if it works thematically or not, but the main point is I get to use a spear and poison, calculated strike, and lethal strike are REALLY good. Seems like this odd pairing actually complement eachother well. AOE is kinda meh, but single target I imagine she will just inject and melt things.

Templar. Thematically solid, using dreamy magic god powers to slip across space and time. I have heard really positive things about templar. Extremely tanky with an option to reflect endgame. Big AOE potential. Psionic touch is decent. Possibly more survivability than conqueror. Templar SEEMS like it benefits more from a fast weapon so a spear is probably not ideal here.

Since I cannot decide: I guess I will just stay in Defense mastery and just keep storing skill points for awhile.

Any thoughts and ideas appreciated!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Creating "Goddess Athena" Build
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2020, 21:52:05 »
Hunting is not weak at all.

Study Prey+Flush Out is one of the most broken debuff in the entire game.
Call of the Hunt + synergies gives you over-the-top damage and speed.
Volley increases your general damage input by a lot, and because you attack more, you have increased chances to use shield passives from Defense (it helps with the spear being slower than other weapons).
Art of the Hunt too, and it gives you a ton of chances to avoid projectiles, which is a very good stat. Trail Blazing gives you quite some movement speed.
Herbal Remedy increases regen and gives a ton of poison resistance.
Wood Lore gives you a lot of Defensive Ability (combines with Battle Awareness) that makes you tankier/more prone to evade melee attacks + much needed attack speed.
You get good movement with Take down + Shield Charge, good movement speed, very tanky class, solid damage.
You don't have many AoE skills in Hunting for Spear (only Spear Dance, and it can make foes flee), but you have Batter, Shield Charge and Pulverize in Defense.

Finally if you really want to use a spear, Hunting is the best mastery for that.

You can check this guide, but Reflect is not mandatory for a good Warden :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1303.0
« Last Edit: 22 November 2020, 21:58:01 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Damian

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +4
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2020, 04:52:58 »
I appreciate the detail of your reply!

So I made a test hunter to verify how it felt, and indeed it is an unglamorous but effective killer. I guess the lack of a LMB attack is offset by having 2 overlapping auras, and 4 possible offensive procs on auto attack plus high speed.

Followup gear questions:

Currently I am using a green "Osprey" spear and farming the nile crocs. I was wearing full "Recovery" greens from the act1 Arachnos but its getting a little flimsy in Act2.

What is a good Pre/Suffix that I should farm to prepare for act3/4.

Currently she is level 20, when do you typically leave Egypt?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2020, 00:46:13 »
warden right? your LMB is batter.. every 3 secs it will activate. iirc there was a bug there but i think it's fixed already. not sure
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2020, 20:56:58 »
I appreciate the detail of your reply!

So I made a test hunter to verify how it felt, and indeed it is an unglamorous but effective killer. I guess the lack of a LMB attack is offset by having 2 overlapping auras, and 4 possible offensive procs on auto attack plus high speed.

Followup gear questions:

Currently I am using a green "Osprey" spear and farming the nile crocs. I was wearing full "Recovery" greens from the act1 Arachnos but its getting a little flimsy in Act2.

What is a good Pre/Suffix that I should farm to prepare for act3/4.

Currently she is level 20, when do you typically leave Egypt?
I think you leave Egypt around lvl 25-27. But I'm not certain, I don't play the vanilla game anymore, it's worthless in my eyes.
Typically, it's so easy that anything can work here. You don't even need to farm.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal