Author Topic: modifying merchant inventory  (Read 2794 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
modifying merchant inventory
« on: 27 September 2019, 10:42:24 »
Hi,
I was thinking about modifying all the merchant inventories so that merchants don't sell white stuff anymore and have an increased amount of green items.

All my searches came up with nothing so far but from what I understand merchant inventory is managed in the corresponding files in item\merchants\... folders. However these files only seem to point to other records that are also used by monster drop lists. So if I modified these drop lists that would also modify monster drops, right? Is there an easier way to modify merchant inventory quality than duplicating all item drop lists to have separate lists for monsters and merchants?

Btw. I saw the LootPlus mod and was wondering if this would solve the issue of getting only white and yellow crap without hours of vendor hopping.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: modifying merchant inventory
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2019, 12:33:49 »
Yeah, I'm using that mod but it doesn't alter the inventories of merchants.. it could have been really great if it did tough..

All that time farming them one by one is an exhausting chore (and most of the time not beneficial at all IMO).. not only white items should go, but their inventory capacity should also be increased by 3X amount of their original numbers if you ask me..

But I'm not sure omitting yellows completely would be a great idea.. some of the prefixes and suffixes they have can sometimes be more beneficial than the ones on green items.. particularly in the earlier levels..
« Last Edit: 11 October 2019, 13:01:41 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Xerxes

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: modifying merchant inventory
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2019, 11:26:35 »
I've been using LootPlus for a while now and it's fantastic. Before I had seen only a very small number of the different MIs, blue and purple items that the game has to offer. Even the fun items are nice, like Santa Claus' or Sherlock Holmes gear. The downside is that merchants have become even less useful. Now I mostly use them to shop for rings and amulets. I'm grateful that the gambler exists. Otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with all the gold.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal