Author Topic: TQ Fans Forum Layout Ideas  (Read 52499 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: TQ Fans Forum Layout Ideas
« Reply #30 on: 25 November 2017, 17:51:52 »
Just noticed that the gameplay sections of IT and AE have a childboard called "Tutorials". Shouldn't those be called "Guides"? I assume that's their purpose: Guides for Masteries and Characters?

Also, there's no Tutorials section in the Modding forums, is there?
Waiting for more info and opinions on this.

Btw, I need also more info about Soulvizier, Diablo2 and their mastery tree. Also Underlord, is this Soulvizier or another mod? I don't have information about mentioned 3 mods and their mastery. Also important to know is if something doesn't work on IT or AE.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2017, 17:56:45 by efko »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 25 November 2017, 19:07:59 »
underlord was  all mastery change, more skills and points, soulvizer was build around underlord data and added more stuff, like new heroes and  itens, it only work with CD version , IT.

Diablo 2 immortal, it changes the base masteries to the ones from diablo 2 ( paladin, barbarian, necromancer , mage and amazon) with new itens and monsters, it worked with AE, not sure if works with new dlc.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 25 November 2017, 19:17:28 »
underlord was  all mastery change, more skills and points, soulvizer was build around underlord data and added more stuff, like new heroes and  itens, it only work with CD version , IT.

Diablo 2 immortal, it changes the base masteries to the ones from diablo 2 ( paladin, barbarian, necromancer , mage and amazon) with new itens and monsters, it worked with AE, not sure if works with new dlc.
Got it, 1 more question, does any of these mods do changes or prolong the map?
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 25 November 2017, 19:42:53 »

Got it, 1 more question, does any of these mods do changes or prolong the map?

underlord/soulvizer added a secret area, thats it, but  both use normal map as their base
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline seventh

• Questin' in a Titanic Scale
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 19 March 2019, 19:03:25 »
Heyo, so I was looking at the forum layout, and I really wanted to propose a new layout that in my opinion will help:

1. Direct new users faster to their desired location
2. Make the forum front page much more concise, making it less intimidating
3. Divide the sections by what a new user will be looking for.

By making the main forum page more concise, a new user would be able to see most sections without even scrolling, making everything clearer and more accessible!
The "Child Boards" part will help players that are looking for more specific things of course, and I think we should preserve all the sub sections (and preserve all main sections--those that are not listed are under their respective categories/main sections)

This is my proposal: (Everything in Bold will be what the user sees upon first glance, basically.)

Announcements
-   News and Information
         -   Forum Announcements
         -   Titan Quest Announcements

General
-   General Discussion
         -   New Members, Streaming and Cool Videos, Developer Discussions
-   Modifications
         -   Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc

Masteries
-   Anniversary Edition Masteries
-   Immortal Throne Masteries
-   Mod Masteries AE/IT

-   Diablo 2 Immortal (AE/IT)
         -   Lilith (AE/IT)
         -   Asylum’s Mod
         -   Destinies
         -   Paths
         -   Legion of Champions (IT)
         -   Underlord (IT)
         -   Solvizier (IT)

New Projects
-   Anniversary Edition Projects
-   Immortal Throne Projects

Technical Support
-   Technical Support
-   Downloads

-   Anniversary Edition Help
         -   Immortal Throne Help

Non-English
-   Country Boards

Off-topic
-   Around the World

And this is a mockup I made!

I'm just trying my best to contribute to the community ♥ Hope you guys like this layout!
« Last Edit: 20 March 2019, 00:30:00 by seventh »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 20 March 2019, 01:08:11 »
+1 to your suggestions Seventh, much more coherent and user friendly. We've also needed a title to be added for awhile too
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 20 March 2019, 01:46:25 »
+2. Having many unnecessary sections on display makes the forum hard to browse.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline seventh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 20 March 2019, 06:48:22 »
+1 to your suggestions Seventh, much more coherent and user friendly. We've also needed a title to be added for awhile too
+2. Having many unnecessary sections on display makes the forum hard to browse.

Thanks guys! Glad you guys like it!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 20 March 2019, 07:23:30 »
Problem with that is you've lost nearly everything to do with TQIT. The reason we separated everything in the first place was because people often don't label a particular guide, build, etc, as being for AE or IT. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline seventh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 20 March 2019, 07:46:50 »
Problem with that is you've lost nearly everything to do with TQIT. The reason we separated everything in the first place was because people often don't label a particular guide, build, etc, as being for AE or IT.

Hey Medea!

Could you elaborate on what part was lost? I was careful to preserve most sections except the divided General Discussion, which I believe will encourage more conversation as it'll feel like "THE Main Hub".
Even if it's a post clarifying if it's AE or IT, people coming back to post is nice--and even then it would only be for GD. For masteries, which is often required to be very specific due to different balancing, the topics are still divided.

Within the mods section it would be divided as well, it's just together from the outside, so it's faster to find the community creation category if someone is looking for information about Diablo II Immortal, for instance.

And I do have the feeling that I would value easy of use and clarity over people not labeling their question, if I had to compare the two directly as pro and con. I think getting people to feel more encouraged to post is worth the occasional confusion between versions.

I do see where you're coming from, however. Just mentioning why I moved things that way in the proposal!

Cheers for the feedback. :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 20 March 2019, 08:14:13 »
i have no vote whatsoever  :-X
however, if you guys decide to merge general discussions, i think you should include the console versions too.. like maybe mention in child boards.. there have been few posts about consoles but presently the forum is only divided between TQIT and AE/R
i do like the title on the mock pic btw
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 20 March 2019, 08:48:07 »
IT General Discussion and Gameplay and the Challenges are missing.

Maybe more like this:

Announcements
-   News and Information
         -   Forum Announcements
         -   Titan Quest Announcements

General
-   General Discussion
         -   AE General Discussion, Gameplay, New Members, Streaming and Cool Videos, Developer Discussions, Challenges for all versions of the game
         -   IT General Discussion, Gameplay
-   Modifications
         -   AE Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc
         -   IT Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc
Masteries
-   Anniversary Edition Masteries
-   Immortal Throne Masteries
-   Mod Masteries AE
-   Mod Masteries IT

New Projects
-   Anniversary Edition Projects
-   Immortal Throne Projects

Technical Support
-   Technical Support
-   Downloads
         -   Anniversary Edition Help
         -   Immortal Throne Help

Non-English
-   Country Boards

Off-topic
-   Around the World

Good point botebote77.  Not sure how far we want to go with the console side of things.  Not against it by any means, but do we just limit it to discussions only or are we going to get into guides, builds, etc for those as well?  Since I don't use consoles I've no idea how different such things may be for those.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 20 March 2019, 09:31:25 »
i have no idea either except
https://www.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/azuyxf/update_on_the_future_of_titan_quest/
Pieces Interactive is now taking over console updates
« Last Edit: 20 March 2019, 09:40:55 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline seventh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 20 March 2019, 09:34:32 »

Maybe more like this:

Announcements
-   News and Information
         -   Forum Announcements
         -   Titan Quest Announcements

General
-   General Discussion
         -   AE General Discussion, Gameplay, New Members, Streaming and Cool Videos, Developer Discussions, Challenges for all versions of the game
         -   IT General Discussion, Gameplay
-   Modifications
         -   AE Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc
         -   IT Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc
Masteries
-   Anniversary Edition Masteries
-   Immortal Throne Masteries
-   Mod Masteries AE
-   Mod Masteries IT

New Projects
-   Anniversary Edition Projects
-   Immortal Throne Projects

Technical Support
-   Technical Support
-   Downloads
         -   Anniversary Edition Help
         -   Immortal Throne Help

Non-English
-   Country Boards

Off-topic
-   Around the World

Good point botebote77.  Not sure how far we want to go with the console side of things.  Not against it by any means, but do we just limit it to discussions only or are we going to get into guides, builds, etc for those as well?  Since I don't use consoles I've no idea how different such things may be for those.

Oh, my bad!

The Child Boards sections weren't elaborate on both text and visual mockups since I just focused on the big categories and how it would affect "first glance" visibility. I just thought we would try to preserve the division as much as possible within the child boards, but merging the "overarching categories".

But I think your suggested changes are perfect.

I don't think having both Mod Masteries AE and Mod Masteries IT in the main page will increase "clutter" by any.
In fact, I do believe having both be called "Mod Masteries XX" adds to the feeling of nicely ordered content.

So in short I 100% agree the child boards should or could be divided into AE and IT. I was thinking of merging them, but however you think is best, I'm no moderator after all, I'm just doing it purely from the point of a user-friendly maximization, I would say.

Oh and for the New Projects seems like I forgot to divide the image-mockup, but I do agree that they should be separate! (I separated them in the text version of the proposal)

Thanks for the input! :D

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 20 March 2019, 09:58:28 »
i have no idea either except
https://www.reddit.com/r/TitanQuestAE/comments/azuyxf/update_on_the_future_of_titan_quest/
Pieces Interactive is now taking over console updates

Yes, Black Forest Games seem to need their resources elsewhere so Pieces are taking over the console work and also the beta testing patch.

Maybe more like this:

Announcements
-   News and Information
         -   Forum Announcements
         -   Titan Quest Announcements

General
-   General Discussion
         -   AE General Discussion, Gameplay, New Members, Streaming and Cool Videos, Developer Discussions, Challenges for all versions of the game
         -   IT General Discussion, Gameplay
-   Modifications
         -   AE Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc
         -   IT Maps and Editor, Quest Modding, Art Manager, World Modifications, Other Modifications, Textures and Skin Modding, etc
Masteries
-   Anniversary Edition Masteries
-   Immortal Throne Masteries
-   Mod Masteries AE
-   Mod Masteries IT

New Projects
-   Anniversary Edition Projects
-   Immortal Throne Projects

Technical Support
-   Technical Support
-   Downloads
         -   Anniversary Edition Help
         -   Immortal Throne Help

Non-English
-   Country Boards

Off-topic
-   Around the World

Oh, my bad!

The Child Boards sections weren't elaborate on both text and visual mockups since I just focused on the big categories and how it would affect "first glance" visibility. I just thought we would try to preserve the division as much as possible within the child boards, but merging the "overarching categories".

But I think your suggested changes are perfect.

I don't think having both Mod Masteries AE and Mod Masteries IT in the main page will increase "clutter" by any.
In fact, I do believe having both be called "Mod Masteries XX" adds to the feeling of nicely ordered content.

So in short I 100% agree the child boards should or could be divided into AE and IT. I was thinking of merging them, but however you think is best, I'm no moderator after all, I'm just doing it purely from the point of a user-friendly maximization, I would say.

Oh and for the New Projects seems like I forgot to divide the image-mockup, but I do agree that they should be separate! (I separated them in the text version of the proposal)

Thanks for the input! :D

Not sure we actually need a New Projects for IT - that section is empty atm - but we can always remove it later if nothing happens with it.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal