Author Topic: FPS drops and stuttering (Ragnarok)  (Read 1991 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline SonGoku920

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
FPS drops and stuttering (Ragnarok)
« on: 21 May 2020, 14:17:09 »
I started playing in act 5 and I have the problem. Spriggans, trolls, and troll wolfriders are broken. Killing even a single one can cause my computer to start skipping frames and lagging for 10-15 seconds. This is a real issue. It's inconsistent though, sometimes it's much worse than others, but it's always a problem when they die. The game run bad when it rains and fog, and when the weather is snowy. I do not know what to do. Everything was fine and the game run pretty good until act 5 started. There is a solution to this problem? This happens on dx9 and dx11.
I have Gtx 970 Msi Gaming 4gb, i7 4770, 16GB memory and SSD disk. Please help and best regards.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: FPS drops and stuttering (Ragnarok)
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2020, 22:03:44 »
Have you tried to set lowest on the graphic/visual options ? For me its helped during the Atlantis act.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline SonGoku920

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2020, 22:53:00 »
All settings should be set to the lowest? Why since from the first to the fourth act I had the highest settings and it was stable 60 frames all the time. Problems began in the fifth act and they only appear in this act in Atlantis I haven't played yet. I disable camera shake , triple buffering, bloom and v sync. I turn on v sync in Nividia control panel and I play full screen resoultion 1920-1080p on TV. This help little but still I have fps drops when I kill a lot of enemies at the same time. Especially when I kill a large group of trolls at one time.

If anyone has any idea please write I will be very grateful. Best Regards.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2020, 14:25:46 »
Ragnarok is not well optimized but many efforts have been done since the release and Act V is well playable now. It's not the case of Atlantis DLC though.
That said, stuttering problems with  Gtx 970 are reported like this one for other games.

Have you tried to launch the game with compatibility mode for windows XP or windows 7 ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline SonGoku920

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 22 May 2020, 14:47:07 »
Hello I think the problem is not in the graphics card because other games like: Witcher 3, AC Odyssey, Red Dead Redemption 2, runs good without sluttering and fps drops. I not use windows xp and windows 7 compatibility. I will try. Best regards.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal