Author Topic: Membergroups icons  (Read 9340 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Membergroups icons
« on: 31 December 2017, 16:17:56 »
As you noticed, I asked in last 2 weeks in some topics for monsters models and it was important thing.
I created 1st model as example how membergroups icon can looks like and this example of Satyr.
Currently, post based membergroups have names:
New Member 0-1 posts
Visitor 2-9 posts
Beginner 5-9 posts
Member 10-49 posts
Hero Member 50-99 posts
Full Member 100+ posts

Now my idea is to use postcount as achievement, so membergroup name for post based membergroups can very interesting. Instead of mentioned in quote above it can be like:

Traveler
Mortal
Warrior
then we can use monsters like Satyr, Crocodile man, Telkine, Titans, hero monsters...

Icons will be without text inside them or we can use strange letters from titan quest portal circle or letters from some specific areas, since game has similar thing like Lord of the Rings movie. So on the left side is Satyr and on the right is some icon which I found on wikipedia.

Example how membergroups can looks like - see above members avatars:
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?topic=182191.0
http://pecs.byethost7.com/index.php?topic=96.0
http://pecs.byethost7.com/index.php?topic=22.msg90#msg90

Maximum size can be to 150x70 like I made now or 150x80 which is probably too big.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2017, 16:24:31 by efko »
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Membergroups icons
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2017, 20:12:42 »
Yes, old forum worked on post count.  Dug up some of the old names - not sure if we want to use any or not, but here they are - not necessarily in the right order in the middle.  Beginning and end are correct.

Beginner
Traveler
Citizen
Priest
Dark Elemental
Demigod
Olympian God

Not sure if Junior, Member and Senior Member were originals and later dropped, but I don't recall seeing them under people's usernames in recent years.  Dark Elemental may have been a special one in the way that Wordsmith was for defboy99.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2017, 20:15:32 »
Now we can have a lot of post based membergroups/achievements. On 0, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1250, 1500 ...
We just have to define them.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2017, 20:19:06 »
That's a lot of defining :P
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2017, 20:24:14 »
Don't think we need too many, it'll just seem confusing.  Iirc Olympian God which was the highest kicked in at 4,000 posts - or maybe 5,000.

I like the Satyr, Centaur, Croc, etc, idea.  Would need some Nordic names as well to bring the expansion into it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 01 January 2018, 17:02:21 »
Dark Elemental was probably a custom one. And I believe the rank before Demigod was Telkine? Maybe?

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline TheBonobo4

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2018, 03:32:11 »
Yes, old forum worked on post count.  Dug up some of the old names - not sure if we want to use any or not, but here they are - not necessarily in the right order in the middle.  Beginning and end are correct.

Beginner
Traveler
Citizen
Priest
Dark Elemental
Demigod
Olympian God

Not sure if Junior, Member and Senior Member were originals and later dropped, but I don't recall seeing them under people's usernames in recent years.  Dark Elemental may have been a special one in the way that Wordsmith was for defboy99.
Ugh I made a thread on this which was stickies but is now sadly lost and I can't remember how it worked. I think Dark Elemental was a unique title like wordsmith or my forum ranger title. Also i believe there was a titan title, possibly for 6000 posts?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 1cec0ld

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2018, 06:18:48 »
Dark Elemental was probably a custom one. And I believe the rank before Demigod was Telkine? Maybe?

I think you're right, I know Telkine was one of them somewhere.

Side note, as I know minecraftforum does this: using some potential for single-post-count groups, like 42 (the meaning of life), 666 (the omen), etc. They only take a little extra effort to make, and can be fun to stumble across as the count increases. I'm not entirely sure if/how many special numbers there are to TQ, but it's a seed of a thought I'm planting.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06 April 2018, 08:07:52 »
It's amazing what you find when you move stuff to a new PC.  Went through some of my e-mails as I wasn't sure they'd transfer over (they didn't  >:() and printed them off just in case.  Found this list that bonobo4 sent me back in 2012 - a list that fathersquid had originally posted.

Traveller - 0
Citizen - 30
Priest - 100
Demigod - 800
Telkine - 1,500
Olympian God - 3,000
Titan - was supposed to be 6,000 but no one was a Titan so either it's higher than known or doesn't exist.

Obviously changed a bit later.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal