Author Topic: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge  (Read 262726 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: The Xmax Hardcore Challenge
« Reply #255 on: 04 October 2018, 09:26:47 »
just spur of the moment.. i think I'll join :)

don't know how often i can play this though but some info i can list now:

name: eiko-chan (female)
class: i don't know yet but you can list it as stormcaller for now
build: no theorycrafting done

have yet to make the character I'm on mobile right now
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #256 on: 04 October 2018, 09:42:53 »
Good to have you aboard botebote77.  I'll add to the leaderboard and let me know when you have more details for her.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: 06 October 2018, 07:50:22 »
finally was able to start.. if you don't mind, the 1st screenshot is 3 cyclops

i have no idea why greatest monster killed says isthmus harpy

details: just lvl 15 currently in megara, stormcaller, squall build eventually will respec to ice shards
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: 06 October 2018, 14:37:21 »
Added to the leaderboard botebote77, but I need your character's name and whether they are twinked or not.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: 06 October 2018, 21:27:31 »
the name is eiko-chan  .. exactly like that with the -

it is twinked.. mostly twinked but you can list it as twinked.. I'm using the snowball weapon

and i know now why greatest monster killed is isthmus harpy.. isthmus harpies are act 5 mobs.. somewhere on the way to megara you can see part of act 5 with isthmus harpies.. i remember killing them with squall
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: 09 October 2018, 23:23:09 »
some update:

3 spiders sacred branch (forgot name)

3 shadowmaws (it spawned)

and yes it felt good :)

9 gorgon queens

details:
eiko-chan is now lvl 21
still stormcaller
last rebirth fountain is the first one outside the gorgon cave
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: 10 October 2018, 09:04:54 »
Well, done botebote77, especially dealing with Shadowmaw x3.  Updated.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: 11 October 2018, 00:14:00 »
Ive been away from TQ IT for a while, how does xmax3 fare against massbosses (clean or reg, either). Also my play style is zero potions, & i buy vendor gear using high lvl alts but no shop-MI gear or custom snowballs.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: 11 October 2018, 07:33:21 »
M4ssboss3 is very unbalanced compared to Xmax. It also has a lot more heroes/champions in groups of 3 to deal with as well as mob size increases.  When I tried it as a new toon right from the start I ran into three groups just over the bridge in Helos which killed me a couple of times before I lured them to the guards to help deal with them.  Bosses also spawn in groups of 24.  Yeah, that figure's right - 24 of each including the Gorgon Sisters which means you fight 72 of them!

M4ssboss3 is more for farming only, rather than playing from the beginning to end.  It's a little better in Act 4 when they're reduced to 12 of each.

Quique wrote a guide a while back which gives a bit more info.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=704.msg7233#new

I did have a journal for the Diviner I tried this mod out with back on the old forum.  Don't have all of it, but this is the beginning of it which hopefully will give you some indication. 

"Let me start by saying this is a big leap in playing the game for me.  I've only recently started playing the full version of Xmax and this is way more difficult so be warned if you want to try it. 

As the title says I'm playing a Diviner (Spirit/Dream) and using much of the advice and gear recommendations in Poinas' excellent Pwning with Spirit guide although I won't be taking the strength route except to get enough to be able to equip Stonebinder's Cuffs.  I'm also a) using items from my Vault collection and b) playing with the "Relics/Charms in Uniques" mod which is available in the Defiler program.  This is how I usually play TQIT anyway and for this mod I think I'll really need all the help I can get!

Let's get started.  Having made my character I first exited the game then used the mods in Defiler to a) make all the inventory bags available and b) expand the personal storage area of the caravan.  Once those were done I gave her a set of white and yellow items from the Vault plus most importantly LOTS of health potions and got started. 

First big surprise - like the Achilles mod this one also has heroes spawning all over the place.  I ran into Caldor Darkbow, Marnos Rockbiter and Algos Frostwind in multiple forms just past the bridge and died twice trying to deal with them all because I wasn't expecting them.

What eventually worked for me at L2/3 seeing that she only had Deathchill Aura with a point in was to lure the heroes to the guards at the bridge. The heroes focussed on them and of course the guards can't be killed because it's not written in the game that they can be. So they won't die no matter how long it takes for your toon to bring them down. I was able to pick off Caldor Darkbow x2 from the bridge with ranged staff attacks and got the third when I levelled up to L4 and got a point into Ternion.

The 3 Marnos Rockbiters were the worst because even trying to fight them using Ternion close in they just kept reducing my health and I had to run around a lot while I downed potions and waited for the health bar to recover. Eventually I headed back to the village entrance and the guards there distracted them so I was able to use the same ranged attack idea as I had on Caldor. This tactic should work for any ranged/caster toon.

Algos Frostwind was easy to deal with as he can be picked off from a distance. 

By this point she'd levelled up to L4/5 so I had some points in Spirit plus a point in Deathchill Aura and also Ternion Attack.  She was also able to equip the yellow items which also helped.  She worked her way through the various mobs and eventually cleared nearly all the ones hanging around the Satyr Shaman area as well.  Then she was ready to go after them.  They turned out to be quite easy as she was able to take them on one by one so wasn't in any danger of dying.

That was where I had to leave the session, but she was up to L7 and had the following gear:

Hood of the Magi of Stability socketed with Boar Hide (+DA bonus)
Hardened Padded Silk Mantle of Recovery socketed with Essence of the Golden Fleece (elemental resistance bonus)
Hardened Bronze Bracelet of Recovery socketed with Pristine Plumage (+DA bonus)
Hardened Embroidered Linen Wraps of Rejuvenation socketed with Essence of Hermes' Sandals (+DA bonus)
Storm Eye socketed with Essence of Hecate's Crescent (elemental resistance bonus)
Protective Gold Loop of Energy Cold resistance socketed with Demon's Blood (vitality damage resistance bonus)
Protective Bronze Beads of Energy Lightning Resistance
Tainted Staff of the Magi in first weapon slot, Sanguine Staff of the Magi second slot - both socketed with Essence of Prometheus' Flame (fire damage bonus)

Next up it was time to head down the road for Sparta.  Once again Caldow Darkbow, Marnos Rockbiter and Algos Frostwind all made an appearance around the satyr camps, as did Fernos Charskin but attacking and kiting and downing health potions kept her alive. 

No real problems in the Shepherd's Cave, but in the next section ran into Aello, the Talon of the Storm.  By this point she was up to L8 and I had added Dream into the mix to give me Psionic Touch as a boost to normal staff fire and Distortion Wave as a slowing agent.

The run up to the Missing Necklace side quest was just mobs and mobs of foes, no heroes to deal with, but in the cave I ran into Black Bite and Goat Sucker but they didn't present any problems.

Getting to the fountain before Sparta was the end of another session.

Working through the Sparta camp areas was again not too difficult.  Heroes met along the way were Panos, Lord of the Briarwood, Sildor Barb Net, Skiron Emberwood and Sergos Longstride.  Unfortunately when I got to Nessus they weren't there.  This does happen with mods like Xmax so I exited the game and re-ran the area and they were there this time.  Firing off Ternion and then retreating allowed me to bring them down bit by bit until all 24 were dead.

Continued on through the Spartan Woods and down to the Mycenean Ruins where I met up with Rot Bone, Cinder Bone and Graklos the Graveless.  Ternion is really proving to be a great skill for this mod both in tackling the mobs long distance and for downing heroes close in.  Time to end the session with Averil up to L15.  She has a Brimstone ring equipped now and also a Therguist's necklace.  Plus she's now wearing the Oracle set except for the bracelets which I've swapped out for some Ceremonial Bracers of Recovery.  I'll push her strength up a little more so as to equip some Stonebinder's over the next few levels.  I'm also working on maxing out Deathchill Aura and climbing up Dream to get to Trance of Convalescence."

Can't remember what level she got up to now, but she had reached Act 4 Normal - and she yes died a fair few times along the way.  That doesn't worry me, I'm not a hardcore player and all my toons suffer death sooner or later.  I still have her backed up and might get around to continuing with her if the mod gets updated for AER.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: 11 October 2018, 09:54:16 »
massbosses is working in ragna, at least till act 4 where ive tried it, still getting the feel of new zones/mobs/mechanics

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: 11 October 2018, 10:22:12 »
Is that the original IT version andyblast or updated to AE?  Haven't looked to see what mods have been updated for the AE version much since I only really play Legion of Champions and kirmiziperfect isn't that great these days for checking on things.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: 11 October 2018, 10:47:15 »
My old TQ IT version of massbosses is working with AE-Ragnarok  (only tried till act 4).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Ororo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: 15 October 2018, 13:15:48 »
Khyno - Lvl 51 Templar (Untwinked) Normal Throne Room

Hey guys, an old TQ veteran here - I remember when bonobo started the original thread on the old site, and a couple of weeks ago I decided to reinstall TQ for nostalgia reasons.
Last time I did this challenge, I had died in Hades's palace (that time I was playing as a Templar as well), but this time I am happy to report that I have successfully finished the Normal difficulty.
I have no idea how it will go further - I have never finished XMAX on Epic or Legendary difficulty before so my expectation is that I will just die to a RNG Toxeus spawning  ;D

Toughest opponents/closest calls so far:

Gorgon Sisters - nearly died here, but once I killed a couple of them, the fight got considerably easier
Normal Typhon - very tough and slow fight, I played safe, but an untwinked Templar is just so ill-suited to fight this dude
Kalygoths - running around the Tower of Judgment with 20% Poison resistance is a huge mistake. Next time I am doing this challenge, I will prioritize maxing Poison resistance for Act IV.
Machae - very annoying how they are kiting this class

My gear is kind of crap, but I expect to farm a lot of good stuff in Act I Epic.
My strategy has been to max out Trance of Wrath and Distort Reality (very effective thru Act III) and start relying more extensively on Defense Mastery procs (such as Pulverize) by focusing on Attack speed items (that's why I am still using Shadow Veil and Sabertooth - although to be fair, I was only able to find one weapon with a slightly higher DPS than that rare Sabertooth). I wonder how viable these methods will be on Epic difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: 16 October 2018, 07:37:22 »
Welcome to the forum and to the challenge Ororo and well done!  :)  Added to the leaderboard as being in Epic Helos since you've completed Normal.  Good luck for tackling Epic!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #269 on: 16 October 2018, 08:32:05 »
Can i use items transfer from other characters for this challenge, or what are the rules ( more infomations) i need to know?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal