Author Topic: Is Dream+Hunting and using a Spear still the way to go?  (Read 18150 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sillyturtle

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +8
Hey folks. Haven't played in quite a few years but I recently heard about the new content an downloaded the Anniversary Edition on Steam.

I've been reading through guides and the majority of them are from 2+ years ago, and I've found posts that are more recent stating that some skills don't work the same and that there are new items etc. I was never a TQ guru, and liked having a guide or a build to follow so I knew i wasn't making mistakes and i could just focus on enjoying the game.

Does anyone have any links to guides that are still applicable or a list of builds that you suggest?

I'm sorry if this question gets asked a lot, but I don't see any threads that are similar and that are very recent. Problem with playing older games I guess, heh.

Thanks for your time.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Is Dream+Hunting and using a Spear still the way to go?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2020, 17:23:27 »
Question is what type of character do you like to play?  Melee, ranged, caster? 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sillyturtle

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2020, 18:36:34 »
I'm not really fussed at the moment to be honest. I like being overpowered and from memory, that's what Dream and Hunting used to be. This guide says Piercing is the best damage type to have, but then there's posts contradicting it saying it's changed becuase of AE and so forth.

I vaguely remember something about Nature and Storm being really strong because of Plague.

I like having equipment that makes me stronger, if that counts. I like finding a new item and having it taking me to the next level. That's about as much as I can give you on that question.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2020, 19:38:41 »
Well, for me any class that has Hunting is a bow user first and other weapons are second so can't really help if spear is the way to go or not.   

Haruspex was very strong in TQIT, I don't know how it plays in the AE version and with the expansions, but it should still be pretty good.

All I can suggest is trying both the Haruspex and the Druid and see which you enjoy most. 

You can play around with build ideas using tqcalc.com an updated version of Stonedonkey's titancalc.com for the AE version of the game and the expansions.  If you don't have Atlantis then the level limit is still 32 for the mastery bars. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sillyturtle

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2020, 19:44:37 »
Yeah, all the info I have seems to be from Immortal Throne.

I'll go over the calc, thank you for telling me about it because I didn't know of it before this.

Out of curiosity, what would you rate as the strongest (most overpowered? lol) build for Melee, Ranged and Magic? I would assume magic included pets as well as straight up caster type stuff.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2020, 09:42:37 »
That I can't tell you.  Haruspex used to be OP as did Diviner, but both were nerfed. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sillyturtle

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2020, 10:46:07 »
Roger that, thanks for letting me know.

If anyone else knows of or has a favourite build, I’d be very interested to learn about it.

Also I do have Atlantis

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2020, 06:16:05 »
- Haruspex not "immortal" like before because AE version limited max cap of Dodge/Avoid projectile chance to 80%, reduced effect of DA to dodge vs melee attacks of enemies, so you need many more DA compared to IT to get the same effect in AE version.
- Spear Haruspex offensive side get some "buffs" with Psionic Beam which reduced charge hits of Psionic Touch, helps your char deal almost twice dmg compared to IT if you raise PB to lvl8 which you just need one hits to charge then next hits to has effect of Psionic Touch release; or Spear Dance skill give you AoE attack skills with spear; Finese give alot more OA which helps your char hits more accurate and more often to crit with higher crit dmg possible; Dream Image can using as Debuff clone if you swap to weapon that has any debuff effect on it base innate effect before summon Dream Image.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Sillyturtle

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2020, 09:23:43 »
- Haruspex not "immortal" like before because AE version limited max cap of Dodge/Avoid projectile chance to 80%, reduced effect of DA to dodge vs melee attacks of enemies, so you need many more DA compared to IT to get the same effect in AE version.
- Spear Haruspex offensive side get some "buffs" with Psionic Beam which reduced charge hits of Psionic Touch, helps your char deal almost twice dmg compared to IT if you raise PB to lvl8 which you just need one hits to charge then next hits to has effect of Psionic Touch release; or Spear Dance skill give you AoE attack skills with spear; Finese give alot more OA which helps your char hits more accurate and more often to crit with higher crit dmg possible; Dream Image can using as Debuff clone if you swap to weapon that has any debuff effect on it base innate effect before summon Dream Image.

That's a very interesting looking build and I would like to try it.

Can you suggest how to level the character? Like, what is the progression of the build from level 1?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2020, 17:25:50 »
If you start with Dream, it will has very easy at start game by using Distortion Wave. But it will slowed down when reach act3.
If you start with Hunting, you may slow at start game, but since lvl12, after you can use Marksmanship skill tree, your lvl up speed will improve and stable after that because Markmanship skill tree is very strong.
So just choosing what fit to you more. I just focusing for lvl up fast, if you want to lvl up by spear, it can be mix by yourself.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2020, 20:24:41 »
Level 12?  I can start using it at L3 and max it by L6.  Not that I do max the base skill straight off; I climb Hunting more to unlock Puncture Shot, Scatter Shot and Volley.  What are you doing that you only take it at L12 icefreeze? 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2020, 20:33:42 »
You must at least lvl12 to unlock 1point wonder to MS and its synergy skills.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2020, 20:46:50 »
No, not if you start with Hunting.  You can unlock Marksmanship at L3.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2020, 20:56:12 »
No, not if you start with Hunting.  You can unlock Marksmanship at L3.
You don't understand what i writen, right?

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2020, 21:06:01 »
Nope, don't understand it at all Icy, sorry.   :(

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal