Author Topic: "Hurricane Tor" - Caster Prophet (Lightning, Electrical)  (Read 12017 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?

Finally figured out a good setup for prophet, I would call it a bit of a tank mage even. Like most storm characters this is a click-fiesta, but a very fun one, but that's just my preference. The wisp is a bit more useful now, with the new synergy (although i don't have points to max it), I tried using lightning dash too, but there's just too many buttons to click, it's not for this build. It is a bit short on a few skills, but I think it's fine regardless. Freeze is good, especially on large groups, to temporarily disable some of them, like archers, and focus on the rest, as well as getting near to dangerous enemies (black elves) to stun or petrify them before they get a chance to strike. I started using phantom strike too, for some nice occasional leech :>

Performance in legendary: 8/10 (Bosses take long to kill, otherwise no issues)
Performance in 6-players difficulty: 8/10 (-||-)
Fun meter: 8/10
Multiplayer: no issues, good support

Base Attributes:
1980 hp
300 ep
246 str
218 int
222 dex

Skill tree - storm:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Skill tree - dream:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Items:
Spoiler for Hiden:

MI / upgraded:
Stheno's Wisdom (of the magus)
Soldier's Unyielding Will (poison res, dex)
Coat of the Chosen (-req, dex)
Ring of Taranis (poison res, hp regen)
Armlets of Freyja (pierce res, str)

6-Players Yaoguai

6-Players Soronis:
« Last Edit: 05 July 2019, 13:15:48 by Torstein159 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "Hurricane Tor" - Caster Prophet (Lightning, Electrical)
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2019, 04:32:08 »
how fun it is finding new builds not suggested by the devs

just one question.. where is that multi lightning bolt coming from? last time i checked, i never saw anything like that even when i maxed lightning dash and that wisp buff.. and I'm familiar with your items and I'm not aware of anything that procs that
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2019, 07:51:40 »
just one question.. where is that multi lightning bolt coming from? last time i checked, i never saw anything like that even when i maxed lightning dash and that wisp buff.. and I'm familiar with your items and I'm not aware of anything that procs that
Uhh I didn't even pay attention, but does the normal lightning bolt have different effects(?) for chain lightning? Unless you mean giant's bane from wheel of taranis, it looks the same but doesn't bounce off targets.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2019, 08:44:13 »
if it's just the lightning bolt skill, then they probably changed it in Atlantis.. this is how lightning bolt used to work

maybe they were trying to make up because they knew they added an out of place petmaster skill and a melee skill to a caster mastery.. that doesn't change the fact that they added an out of place petmaster skill and a melee skill on a caster mastery.. lolz ;D

now i wonder if the other lightning bolts do the base skill damage or the upgrade skill damage.. care to check? max the base skill then leave the upgrade skill at lvl 1.. then max both and compare
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2019, 11:06:54 »
@botebote77
It's just the visuals. I can't check myself rn, but I asked a friend and the damage is still lower on the chain lightning.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2019, 14:24:50 »
i did some tests.. i think lightning bolt got a little bit better

as shown from my vid, lightning bolt + chain lightning used to be just 1 lightning bolt, then it will bounce to other mobs

but now, as shown from your vid, lightning bolt + chain lightning will drop multiple lightning bolts, then it will still bounce to other mobs.. what this does, there is now a very little chance that a monster will get hit by a lightning bolt and a chain lightning.. now i can't say for sure but I've played too many storm chars already and i don't think I've seen that before

but your friend is right, although the other lightning bolts look like lightning bolts, they're just chain lightning

tested on the 2 sets of 3 target dummies just outside sparta.. if you do it again and again sometimes 2 dummies take double damage, the middle and the target.. but it's just a very little chance it's hardly noticeable.. but i feel like because of the new animation, more monsters get hit now because of the farther range

too bad the game is just too laggy right now.. it wasn't like this before..  and quick cast + shift is still not fixed
« Last Edit: 23 May 2019, 14:27:17 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2019, 14:43:01 »
Titan Quest - Update 2.4 - 15th may
Changed Life Drain Cascade to fork to targets rather than arc

No entries about lightning in any recent patches though, unless I'm missing something. Looks like either silent change or unintentional - but it shouldn't be done that way, changes should be documented.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2019, 15:00:02 »
Maybe they changed it because the new wisp skill looks like chain lightning? So they don't look the same / dont confuse the player. I don't have access to TQ right now, but I'll be sure to test it too, when I can, pretty sure the damage is the same though.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2019, 16:47:36 »
crap.. now i can't make 2 targets get double damage.. maybe it was just the armlets of freyja (seal of fate proc) that made me see 2 damage numbers

so it doesn't bounce anymore, the animation just got changed so instead of chain lightning, it just does multiple lightning bolts.. the damage of the other lightning bolts though are based on the damage of chain lightning skill

but still, it does seem like the range is farther now, right? or maybe I'm just blinded by my hope that my char got something from this update.. boohoohoohoo :'(

bah.. unless they fix things (quick cast, fps drops) it looks like I'm done with this game.. i might just chat with you guys.. bug fixing is the only thing i can hope from them.. regarding balancing and generally making the game better, i don't think i can expect anything good from devs that doesn't understand their own game

(laughing gif insert here)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2019, 17:39:00 »
but still, it does seem like the range is farther now, right? or maybe I'm just blinded by my hope that my char got something from this update.. boohoohoohoo :'(

bah.. unless they fix things (quick cast, fps drops) it looks like I'm done with this game.. i might just chat with you guys.. bug fixing is the only thing i can hope from them.. regarding balancing and generally making the game better, i don't think i can expect anything good from devs that doesn't understand their own game
Range? As in more targets? I dont think so. You can cast it from anywhere too afaik.

It's no use crying about it over and over, you can explain your reasoning to the devs, Im sure many people think similarily about quick cast, me included (Im not using it rn). Same with fps drops, though im sure its not something that will get easily fixed. You can technically not use the news skills either, it's your choice, or not play atlantis at all. I was sceptical about Ragnarok at first too, but turns out it wasnt the end of the world. Let's wait for more updates on the future of tq before abandoning it completely, but do what you will. And no, it's not fun if you're here only to complain. Take a break if you must. Take care, and I hope you stay with us, with a bit more positive mindset ^^;

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 23 May 2019, 21:49:26 »
sorry.. I'm not crying btw  :)
and yes more targets
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal