Author Topic: "The (In)Frequent Ranger" - MI / Green items only (melee / pets)  (Read 7039 times)

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
"The (In)Frequent Ranger" - MI / Green items only (melee / pets)
« on: 27 July 2019, 16:47:04 »
« Last Rated on: 29 July 2019, 04:18:04 »

plague plague plague

Couldn't possibly call this a challenge, but maybe a nice twist, a restriction, to use only green items. I didn't go through Atlantis, but I'm using 2 items from it - tinkerer's boots and redfist hide. Might be uncommon to go melee with a ranger, but I inteded it as half pets half melee, and yes, it's working as intended, altough it might be 33% pets, 66% spear, in terms of damage output. The Plague+Study Prey combo is unbeatable, now with bonus Earthbind's additional -50% da, too good. Worth mentioning, with this class you only about 10-20% recharge to keep Call of the Hunt permanent.
For future upgrades, I mostly see getting higher stats on the veteran affix for the helmet, better affix(es) on the formicid shield / different tinkerer boots, either one so i still keep some of my lightning res. For skills I could use a few more points in Survival Instinct and the Nymph. Possibly switching the occult ring to 'of immortality'.
Overall I'm very satisfied with the toon, high resists, veery high da, dmg.... can't go wrong with this class, nonetheless it remains a very fun one, that's for sure.

Performance in 6-players diff: 9/10 (can't complain much, maybe the usual spellbreaker enemies)
Multiplayer: Everyone's favourite ally
Fun meter: 7.5/10 (using a spear is more fun now, thanks to Spear Dance)

Base Attributes:
540 hp
300 ep
382 str
50 int
382 dex

Skill tree - Hunting:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Skill tree - Nature:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Items:
Spoiler for Hiden:

MI:
Redfist Hide (veteran's)
Quiver of N'lmh (poison res)
Stonebinder's Cuffs (fire res; of the glade)
Einherjar's Line (piercing; of annihilation)
Soldier's Unyielding Will (lightning res)

6-players difficulty, Jotunheim - Nighoggr:

6-players difficulty, Olympus:

6-players difficulty, Secret Passage:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
i had a character that was supposed to end up like this years years ago in TQIT.. although i didn't restrict myself with the greens only challenge.. my challenge was no pets ranger.. but of course later game i know there aren't any skills to spend points on except pets.. so i envisioned it to be plague + study prey, and using refresh to make CotH permanent.. then legendary, add pets

was somewhere in epic before i put the game down.. left my other characters unfinished.. it was just time to stop playing TQ.. although i returned 2-3 yrs after that for UL then SV
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
There is nothing in the game that can give piercing damage to pets, is there?  I guess that would make Ranger very OP.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There is nothing in the game that can give piercing damage to pets, is there?  I guess that would make Ranger very OP.
Nope, but both Maul and Nymph's attacks have it, so that's great already. If there was pet jewelry or items with pierce damage, ranger could possibly compete with the strongest petmancers, not that it's not very OP already tho.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal