Author Topic: My custom maps don't show up ingame  (Read 6464 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline FabosGames

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
My custom maps don't show up ingame
« on: 29 July 2018, 00:50:21 »
Hello everybody. I have a bug on my computer: really, you can believe, not just a noob's problem... :(
In fact, my map editor don't build for test. And also, he don't link the portal of underground with map. I think it's un bug on my anniversary Art Manager.
Any solution?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: My custom maps don't show up ingame
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2018, 13:46:26 »
Oh,come on!Why dosent anyone in these forums answer topics started by new members?!I was planing on staying idle until the testing version for Deities is out,but I want to(or at least try)help our friend here.So,Fabos,you are saying that you cant access your map editor,is there a black screen instead of the editor menu?I dont really understand,you will have to be more exact.When you try to save your map,the editor stops responding?If thats the issue,than Im not sure if theres an actual fix for it,since I heard about this before.Apparently its caused by Ragnarok(unsurprisingly).
However,I believe the problem is something else.What is it?

Edit:I forgot to say hello and welcome to the forums!
« Last Edit: 31 July 2018, 13:47:57 by mvlad954 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2018, 17:38:10 »
Um, let me guess.  Because no one knows the answer possibly?  Not all of us are modders or understand modding so if there weren't any modders on the forum recently there's not much help they can give.  Hopefully some of them will be along in a little while and be able to help.

And welcome to the forum FabosGames.  Have you tried verifying your game files?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2018, 17:43:17 »
if i knew about modding i would help  :S

im sure some1 will answer the question
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2018, 18:09:12 »
Sorry, I would answer, but have no experience with maps. I think @Prosoro is the expert here.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 31 July 2018, 18:22:08 »
Hmph.I think I may have just ended up as a fool.How can I help him,if I dont know anything about modding.Sorry for rushing my words.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Endymion

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 31 July 2018, 19:54:32 »
In fact, my map editor don't build for test. And also, he don't link the portal of underground with map. I think it's un bug on my anniversary Art Manager.
Any solution?
From your post on the Steam forums it appears your Art Manager fails to build the map file, which usually happens when it's used by another program. Make sure you closed Editor and its process doesn't show up in Task Manager. Also you could try restarting your pc and then build.
For your second question, you didn't really give enough details. Assuming it shows an error when you try to link grid entrances you've just placed, try to place them on the map first, save it and reload Editor. Then try to link them again.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2018, 10:58:58 »
Any solution?
...Assuming it shows an error when you try to link grid entrances you've just placed, try to place them on the map first, save it and reload Editor. Then try to link them again.

^ Exactly this.  Portal entrances can be really uncooperative at times, I think even the official Iron Lore modder's guide mentions this.  As Endymion mentions tho, attempting to link above ground portals to underground grids will often come up with an error (invalid region) on the first try.  Simply hit file/save in the Editor, exit to desktop and reload the Editor.  Now try linking the portal entrances and it will work... HOWEVER lol be aware - there are many types of portal entrances/exits to use and they don't all get along.  That is, if you have dropped a cave entrance onto your map and then select your entrance in your chosen grid tileset to link them both up, sometimes they just won't link.  No matter what.  Can be very frustrating, and only thing to do afaik is a process of elimination - keep trying different ones until two link properly.

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Endymion

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2018, 16:41:19 »
That is, if you have dropped a cave entrance onto your map and then select your entrance in your chosen grid tileset to link them both up, sometimes they just won't link.  No matter what.  Can be very frustrating, and only thing to do afaik is a process of elimination - keep trying different ones until two link properly.
If by that you meant the player character just couldn't walk through the linked entrances, then yes, every grid entrance's mesh has an attach point ChokePoint, that essentially serves as a connection point when you link two grid entrances together.
Their coordinates have to be carefully adjusted for pathing to work properly, otherwise you might end up seeing something like an upside down reflection of your side.
Ultimately you'll be better off using entrances links that already existed in the original, unless you're up to editing meshes.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal