Author Topic: Assassin - The killing machine  (Read 23336 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline ALEX_CARDO

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Assassin - The killing machine
« on: 05 July 2020, 14:53:17 »
I've created my first Assassin (Warfare+Rogue). In this thread I'll describe my progress in a kind of diary which someone may also like to use as a guide.

The Assassin is a real killing machine. It deals tons of damage (physical, pierce, bleeding, poison) and destroys the enemies quickly.

My Assassin will definitely be dual-wield. In the beginning I'll use one weapon and a shield until I put enough points in Dual-Wield tree. I've chosen to spend attribute points 3:2 (Strength:Dexterity). There is no need to put points in intelligence or energy. At later state I'll think when and how many points to put into health. The Assassin is dealing a lot of damage but it is not immortal so you don't have to jump at big groups of enemies or you'll die. Sometimes you have to run away to heal yourself before you continue the fight. Moreover, the bleeding and poison damages allow you to kill enemies with "hit and run" strategy. The toughest enemies maybe are the undeads because they are immune to vitality and bleeding damage and absorb most of the poison damage. When fighting groups of enemies it is important to first kill the mages and the ranged creeps because they'll do to you a lot of damage and eventually kill you.

I've just finished Act 1 on Normal. The only item I imported from my other characters is the artifact - Shroud of Eternal Night. All other items I found while playing.

Attributes and items:

Skill trees:

These are the skill trees in the Calc: https://www.tqcalc.com/TitanCalca581a581a581.html?mastery=Assassin&master1=6&master2=3&sa=1&m1=4-0-6-4-0-1-3-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=13-6-1-8-0-8-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Assassin - The killing machine
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2020, 21:04:49 »
Yep Assassin is a dynamical class and very pleasant to play with  ;)

My first thought, seeing your skill trees, was that  spreading points too much between warfare and rogue right at the beginning should make acts 3 & 4 harder than necessary.
Usually, Onslaught tree, BS and DW (above lvl 30) are bread and butter for normal mode when taking a warfare mastery.
But oh well, there are so many roads to discover, you will tell us !

Not Yet Rated!

Offline ALEX_CARDO

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: Assassin - The killing machine
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2020, 06:49:33 »
I put some points in Rogue mastery after I reached lvl8 to boost the pierce and poison damage. For sure in Act 2 I'll continue with Onslaught, BS and DW trees. I think there won't be problems.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal