Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96019 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #240 on: 18 July 2018, 20:57:04 »
if it's me i would've banned this member already.. this is not his first offense

What is his offense exactly? Is there a post where he actually offend someone?
I dont see much of a problem if someone seeks attention even by complaining... the forum won't overload and it's a free internet.
The real problem for me is when many people team up vs one person, Study Prey him and start attacking him. In my book that's a dishonorable thing to do.

In general, this^^ .. but I also agree with botebote77 since I've realized the OP doesn't deserve any empathy whatsoever and I'm tired of trying to help or understand someone, just to see he/she was not worth it immediately after.. 

Your motto was the exact reason for why I tried to support him because I hate "1 vs many" scenarios as well, but, after seeing his non-grateful, saucy comment, I immediately deleted the post..

Some people just don't deserve attention & support even if they look like they need it at first sight..
« Last Edit: 18 July 2018, 21:39:12 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: 18 July 2018, 23:53:26 »
I suggest closing the topic.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #242 on: 19 July 2018, 02:41:07 »
I suggest closing the topic.
i second
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #243 on: 19 July 2018, 07:40:52 »
If I lock this, the thread will no longer be visible to anyone - which means all the info it contains will not be available to other members.  Is that what you truly want done?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: 19 July 2018, 10:02:08 »
If I lock this, the thread will no longer be visible to anyone - which means all the info it contains will not be available to other members.  Is that what you truly want done?
me yes.. there are lots of info yet to be posted.. but, the forum must be healthy too and not causing discord on the other members of this forum.. if there is unnecessary friction, members will not be happy.. so less posts and who knows maybe lost members.. and all could've been avoided if this thread was locked

this thread has caused unnecessary friction already but i think we can all agree on one thing: this forum was healthier and happier when this thread wasn't here and during the time this thread was dead.. Deepblue will not be able to solve his problems anyway because there isn't one in the first place.. 3 deaths? if this thread continues, nothing good will come out, only bad things.. you are admins, part of it is the responsibility.. you have to take action, whatever that may be
« Last Edit: 19 July 2018, 11:02:46 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #245 on: 19 July 2018, 10:36:17 »
No educational value left and no way to fix that? Whatever, its better than 17 more pages of Deepblue's angst.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: 19 July 2018, 12:02:27 »
Okayyyyyy,so I have briefly read trough the posts to get a basic understanding on what this topic is all about and why does it keep popping up on the home page.I have to say,I agree with what Nargil said previously,DeepBlue didnt offend anyone and we should not unite against him,but this is not actually the case.Although he didnt offend us,he sure is annoying,and I believe he does this on purpose.I mean like seriously now,he saw that people were being annoyed by him and instead of apologizing,he keeps saying something like "I dont know why,but this always happens to me.I got banned on many other forums before."When asked what was the name of these forums,he ignored the question.Botebote and Mammoth have a point.Medea says that theres valuable information on this thread and if its locked,all the information will be lost,we dont want that to happen either.I dont have anything against DeepBlue,I have no problem with him,and its up to the admins whether or not he will be blocked.Speaking of admins,there is really no way of blocking this topic without making it invisible?Like you could see all the posts,but not keep posting on.All in all,this isnt really my business,its just that seeing "Returning to TQ(+Ragnarok)"everytime I open the forums is quite irritating.Now,another ideea:How about ignoring this thread?Nobody is forced to comment on any topic if they dont want to.Its free internet.Free speech.By the way DeepBlue,there is no problem if you got 3 deaths,by the end of Epic,I had way over 53,sooooo,yeah.Stay cool.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: 19 July 2018, 12:08:12 »
the problem is he will just necro it again.. imo this thread contains more whining and complaining than it contains info
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: 19 July 2018, 12:20:17 »
To which none of you have to reply of course.

No, this forum setup we have doesn't seem to have a close thread option, only to lock it.  I tried it a couple of times and when it's locked it disappears completely.  Admins/mods can continue to reply in it if needed, but it can't be seen by anyone - which is a bit weird when you think about.  ???  efko understand it more than me though, so maybe he'll have some ideas/suggestions how we can get a close option.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: 19 July 2018, 12:27:00 »
but i can see/open these topics but not reply

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=329.0

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=379.0

so yeah it's been done before and maybe @efko knows how
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: 19 July 2018, 12:44:58 »
Yes, but those threads have been moved.  The topics are still open for replies - just in another part of the forum.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: 19 July 2018, 13:06:59 »
If this thread annoys you, just stop posting here. It's the simplest way.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: 19 July 2018, 13:18:19 »
either way something has to be done.. we have been trolled.. i didn't want to accept it but he got to me.. and by the looks of it, not only me

so a bit offtopic: do you guys know that i have been banned from a social media website before? hohohoho.. it was a long time ago when i was  still on college and the thing is, I'm not ashamed of it.. i was only uploading dirty manga/anime images on my account.. it wasn't even that dirty, i mean no sensual parts shown.. more like provocative.. and i wasn't even trolling other members.. I wasn't even talking to anyone there, heck i don't even know if i have friends there.. if i do i wasn't talking to them because they were my real friends.. we don't have to talk on social media.. so one day boom no warning, there was only the message "you have been banned".. hohohoho but i wasn't ashamed of it otherwise why would i be telling the story here?

so what does this have to do with Deepblue? nothing.. i just know that if i post it here people will read it hohohoo
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: 19 July 2018, 13:34:54 »
Maybe we should make a forum section called "General Trolling/Spamming/Flaming"  ^-^ Everyone will be happy

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: 19 July 2018, 16:41:56 »
In last 5 minutes I could not stop laughing, this topic is pure comedy  ;D

me yes.. there are lots of info yet to be posted.. but, the forum must be healthy too and not causing discord on the other members of this forum.. if there is unnecessary friction, members will not be happy.. so less posts and who knows maybe lost members.. and all could've been avoided if this thread was locked

this thread has caused unnecessary friction already but i think we can all agree on one thing: this forum was healthier and happier when this thread wasn't here and during the time this thread was dead.. Deepblue will not be able to solve his problems anyway because there isn't one in the first place.. 3 deaths? if this thread continues, nothing good will come out, only bad things.. you are admins, part of it is the responsibility.. you have to take action, whatever that may be
To which none of you have to reply of course.

No, this forum setup we have doesn't seem to have a close thread option, only to lock it.  I tried it a couple of times and when it's locked it disappears completely.  Admins/mods can continue to reply in it if needed, but it can't be seen by anyone - which is a bit weird when you think about.  ???  efko understand it more than me though, so maybe he'll have some ideas/suggestions how we can get a close option.
Oh, this is just  :)) , nothing more. When topic is locked it goes to bottom of that board, but see dates in board because topic with latest post from locked topics is first on the list just next after topics which are open. So locked topic is still on forum, but if there are more pages it is little harder to find so that's why General forum should be for discussions and everything else should go in dedicated boards.
So example , go to page 6 and see locked topics and dates. So that's how to search for locked topic.
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?board=1.0
In case you lost yourself and can't find topic, there are 2 options to search, 1st is with Search button and 2nd is to go to profile/posts, even easier if its your topic, go to profile/Profile Info/Show Posts.../Topics
Also we have an option to unapprove topic so topic can be in the middle, to wait for approval which is how it works default for new users.
but i can see/open these topics but not reply

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=329.0

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=379.0

so yeah it's been done before and maybe @efko knows how
Read very carefully all info which is in both topics and to where it leads. Learn to read exact location of boards, location of this topic is this:
Titanquest Fan Forum » Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition/Ragnarök » Anniversary Edition - General discussion » Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
So topics are redirected and info about that is left behind so users can know if they search for topic, so no BOOM NO TOPIC, WTF?? And topic is just in another board or child-board.

either way something has to be done.. we have been trolled.. i didn't want to accept it but he got to me.. and by the looks of it, not only me

so a bit offtopic: do you guys know that i have been banned from a social media website before? hohohoho.. it was a long time ago when i was  still on college and the thing is, I'm not ashamed of it.. i was only uploading dirty manga/anime images on my account.. it wasn't even that dirty, i mean no sensual parts shown.. more like provocative.. and i wasn't even trolling other members.. I wasn't even talking to anyone there, heck i don't even know if i have friends there.. if i do i wasn't talking to them because they were my real friends.. we don't have to talk on social media.. so one day boom no warning, there was only the message "you have been banned".. hohohoho but i wasn't ashamed of it otherwise why would i be telling the story here?

so what does this have to do with Deepblue? nothing.. i just know that if i post it here people will read it hohohoo
I was working exactly on improving that, so things like that won't happen to user unless if really necessary. That's why we have rules https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=28.0 and many other stuff defined so users can enjoy using this forum. Also new members need some posts to be approved members which is also good to avoid problematic members.
If you want I can send you some weird warning message as example how it looks warning system, which on 60% leads to mute on forum. Also on Home page in shoutbox chat we can ban/unban members.

Maybe we should make a forum section called "General Trolling/Spamming/Flaming"  ^-^ Everyone will be happy
We have Offtopic and Humor board at bottom of forum index. We can use different rules for some board but flaming is maybe not a good idea, depends how far it can go.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal