Author Topic: flush out  (Read 9964 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
flush out
« on: 10 April 2018, 13:20:17 »
I see this skill has been changed a bit, it now also reduces enemy's defensive ability... should i max it as a bone charmer, even though i am not doing any elemental damage?
Lvl 65 Bone Charmer, lvl 43 Conqueror

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: flush out
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2018, 15:02:46 »
you will notice you will crit more so yes (assuming you attack melee too)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2018, 15:05:33 »
my main att is with a bow, i only switch to spear for 1 vs. 1 situations with certain enemies like heroes or bosses.

thanks, botebote!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2018, 15:24:44 »
but i really don't get it.. sorry if this turns out like a little rant.. why do people think spirit is good for archers? if it's just for the liche king as tank, monster lure is better and it only costs 6pts.. core dweller is better now i think.. core dweller is tankier now than it was in IT and it has provoke.. and if it dies it's ok you can just resummon it.. is it because of irma2's guide? but it was only because liche king was the better tank than core dweller back then.. and necrosis was good when paired with take down.. but in AE, it's useless now if not for the charge.. is it because of unearthly power? I'd much rather take nature's strength of the pack.. is it because of death chill aura? dream would give better survivability.. so yeah I'm really blank.. i don't see why people think spirit is good for archers.. sorry I'm a bit tired right now and I'm sleepy.. time for me to sleep

edit: if it's throwing weapons, i understand.. but console still has no throwing weapons if I'm not mistaken.. and people have liked spirit as archers even before ragnarok
« Last Edit: 10 April 2018, 15:29:09 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2018, 15:27:35 »
well i wanted to play something new, and Irma's guide seemed interesting, but i didn't know there would be a difference because of AE :S last time I played was before AE...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10 April 2018, 15:30:48 »
nah I'm just tired.. but i still don't get it :)

have to log out and time to Zzzzz
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10 April 2018, 15:34:26 »
like i said, the class seemed interesting and OP, but i didn't realise there was such a difference between before and after AE, because the last time i played TQ was when IT came out, so there you go, what's not to get? :D

go get some sleep, yes :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2018, 18:50:54 »
Like @botebote77 said, I too can literally not think of any skill I'd want from Spirit, that does something that another mastery can't do better.

is it because of death chill aura? dream would give better survivability..

That aside, Death Chill Aura is strictly for melee characters, or point-blank-range casters, in my opinion. If someone consistently lets them get that close, as a range character, you must be doing something wrong.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2018, 20:08:19 »
Well i am sorry for being a noob, i was just following a guide...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2018, 21:31:11 »

You dont need to say sorry, its your game, you do what you want to try out.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2018, 21:49:18 »

Eh,.. sorry, my writing style can come across as a bit harsh maybe.

I was critiquing the build, not you. New ideas and new players are a good thing. Also, not many 'Letzies' here,.. I thought you were Dutch there for a second, untill I noticed the slightly different shades of blue.

Anyway, like I said though, Spirit is an amazing mastery, just not for an archer. I'm guessing Irma liked to facetank enemies Legolas style. That's Irma though, a very experienced and experimental player, and it was probably in the pre-AE game, when archers were really overpowered. Now, it may seem the build is doing OK, mainly because any character with Spirit can just call in the Liche and Outsider all the way through Epic, to deal with difficult stuff. In Legendary it will simply be suboptimal to other archer and other Spirit builds, even other non-bow Bonecasters.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2018, 22:04:42 »

Eh,.. sorry, my writing style can come across as a bit harsh maybe.

I was critiquing the build, not you. New ideas and new players are a good thing. Also, not many 'Letzies' here,.. I thought you were Dutch there for a second, untill I noticed the slightly different shades of blue.

Anyway, like I said though, Spirit is an amazing mastery, just not for an archer. I'm guessing Irma liked to facetank enemies Legolas style. That's Irma though, a very experienced and experimental player, and it was probably in the pre-AE game, when archers were really overpowered. Now, it may seem the build is doing OK, mainly because any character with Spirit can just call in the Liche and Outsider all the way through Epic, to deal with difficult stuff. In Legendary it will simply be suboptimal to other archer and other Spirit builds, even other non-bow Bonecasters.

No harm done, mate!

Actually, i am slovenian but i am living and working in luxembourg :))

Regarding the build, i you are probably right that the build was good pre-ae, too bad i didnt realise that before choosing my second mastery :/ i guess i will try and persevere and still finish the game..i am in epic egypt at the moment!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2018, 23:14:48 »
No harm done, mate!

Actually, i am slovenian but i am living and working in luxembourg :))

Regarding the build, i you are probably right that the build was good pre-ae, too bad i didnt realise that before choosing my second mastery :/ i guess i will try and persevere and still finish the game..i am in epic egypt at the moment!

Yeah, don't worry. You can always use TQDefiler to change class later, or if you don't want to do that, use the ingame skillpoint-buyback-merchant (jeez, in Dutch you'd actually have to write that as a single word: 'vaardighedenpuntenterugkoophandelaar'), to convert to a caster or spear melee user, depending on your statpoints (that can not be altered ingame). You could then recreate a bow build using Ragnarok's 'accomplished character' feature, if so desired.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bobinho11

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 10 April 2018, 23:17:48 »
Unfortunately, i play on console, so no defiler for me :/ i do switch to a spear a lot though but the main reason for that is that my spear is muuuch better than my bow.hope i find some better loot soon!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 10 April 2018, 23:35:25 »
ok here i go again but don't worry i won't throw a tantrum this time.. first off, i think throwing weapon is good option for bonecharmers.. it's like a short range archer wearing a shield.. you still have marksmanship, some enemies will still be in the range of deathchill aura and you can steal lots of HP because of necrosis.. and you're wearing a shield so you won't be a glass canon

But ragnarok is not yet on consoles and as I've said above people have been liking spirit for archers even before ragnarok so it's not just you Bobinho.. me i see spirit as being good for:

1) petmasters
2) ternion builds (obviously)
3) melee (death chill aura tree including necrosis)

but i just don't see anything spirit gives for archers.. maybe they see something i don't, or maybe they are all thinking like you :)

i see 2 main reasons why irma2 liked spirit

1) liche was the only tanky permanent pet back then
2) take down with necrosis was a boss killer

but there comes the problem.. this is AE now.. core dweller has emerged as another tanky pet.. even monster lure because iirc monster lure health doesn't scale with difficulty back then.. it now does and it's a much better tank than liche king

and the take down with necrosis thing.. in IT, it hits like a truck.. in AE, it hits like a pillow
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal