Author Topic: Bug with increasing spawns  (Read 1837 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline endersblade

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Bug with increasing spawns
« on: 01 January 2022, 01:52:23 »
I ran into an issue with increasing spawns.  I increased spawns to 300.00000, from the default 100.00000, and had no issues until I ran into the statue boss fight under the sphinx in act 2.  I couldn't complete the fight.  Multiple statues would stand up, I would kill them, but I think the issue was that several statues were still sitting in their seats, which prevented something from triggering...no matter how long I waited, they never stood up.  I tried reloading my save several times, and ran into the same issue each time.

I set the mod back to 100.00000, reloaded my game, and was able to clear the fight just fine.  Anyone know what caused this, and if there's another way to fix it other than having to rebuild my mod every time I run through that fight?

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bug with increasing spawns
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2022, 01:58:37 »
« Last Rated on: 01 January 2022, 04:00:20 »
i think its a know issue, even with xmax the sphinix pharaoh statues are missing or dont trigger (some) and you cant complete the quest.

One solution  solution is playing in vanila during that boss fight.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline endersblade

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2022, 04:01:24 »
i think its a know issue, even with xmax the sphinix pharaoh statues are missing or dont trigger (some) and you cant complete the quest.

One solution  solution is playing in vanila during that boss fight.

Thanks for the info.  Glad to know it wasn't something I accidentally broke with a mod lol.  I'll just keep two versions of my mod on hand for new characters - one with increased spawns on, and the other with it off just for that fight.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 01 January 2022, 12:17:03 »
« Last Rated on: 01 January 2022, 21:40:50 »
Justs a heads up, in the defend of the flag in act 4 (Elysium) it might appear the same situation , as some monsters cant spawn duo of their spawn localization (i think)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2022, 18:13:32 »
« Last Rated on: 13 April 2022, 02:39:11 »
There is another way to increase spawns without using the gameengine multiplier, I remember it was called a "soft xmax" or something and it was something I used in my mods.

Use the proxypoolequation.dbr in each of the area's proxy folder e.g. records/proxies egypt/proxypoolequation_01.dbr. This file is then listed in each proxy pool file in their Pool Config/proxyPoolEquation entry e.g. records/proxies egypt/pools/beast/deserthag_01_general01.dbr.

Go to the proxypoolequation.dbr config tab and you will see the 4 equations that determine the spawns in that act.

(poolValue * 1.3) * (0.5 +(0.5*numberOfPlayers)) is used for Egypt spawnMinEquation (trash mobs). Then you have the max and champion min and max.

You can adjust the number values in the equation to increase the spawns like:

(poolValue * 3.9) * (0.5 +(0.5*numberOfPlayers)) to increase the base value by 300% which then is multiplied by number of players for multi-player.

Do the same thing in each act's proxy folder's proxypoolequation file. (Since they all have the same names, you can just copy and paste the one you changed to all the folders and you're done.)

The Boss spawns are also in proxy pools but don't use these different act's proxypool equation files to determine the number of bosses spawned. However, as you noticed, the number of bosses can be affected by the gameengine's spawn multiplier.

This method leaves the number of bosses unchanged but can increase trash mob and champion spawns to be anything you like.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal