Author Topic: Old player needs help  (Read 2675 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tpeter19

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Old player needs help
« on: 06 November 2021, 15:42:14 »
Hi!

I have started the game about 10 years ago, my Father and his friend showed me and I'm into this game when I was a child.

So I need an expert, who played quite a time ago and able to help a player from the old era! So I played before this game and I've downloaded the ragnarok&atlantis (latest anniversary edition?)
but I know the quests from the OG game, just wanted to replay this whole story again but here is the point: I want an easier way to get it through faster. Can you help me with this?
May I remember there was a Vault where you can put items and share them with other people. So I need your advice. Can you give me a link about starter Items for easier grinding?

Thank you a lot!

Peter

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Old player needs help
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2021, 02:49:53 »
wait... so you played this game 10 yrs ago as a child, and you see yourself as "old player"?

geez my first video games as a child were family computer games, pacman, super mario, battle city, galaxian, etc. and there are some people here older than me. what does that make us, like prehistoric cavemen? lol jk

but to answer your question, if you have that * staff in your vault, that's probably the best starter weapon. for casters some oracle sets. for melees honestly just the best weapon you can equip

but since you said you have ragnarok and atlantis, i say just go through with it without cheesing with overpowered items. you'll discover some things like small torch being the solution for warrior chars having problems with alastor. (it's well known now that alastor can be a pain for warrior characters early game). or you'll find some weird items like bow with +1 to defense. or staff with physical damage
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2021, 08:12:10 »
Welcome to the forum and back to the game.   :)

Fastest way is probably playing a pet build, letting the pets do all/most of the work for you.  Soothsayer (Nature/Spirit), Summoner (Nature/Earth) or Ritualist (Nature/Dream) can all be good choices.  Take Nature first and get wolves up to 7 points so you can summon 2 of them.  I then usually max their base skill out so that if I run into any Mastery shrines I can then summon a 3rd one. 

Here's an old guide by Tyr on the Nature mastery.  It holds up pretty well for the AE version of the game and the expansions.

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=418.0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tpeter19

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2021, 13:04:28 »
wait... so you played this game 10 yrs ago as a child, and you see yourself as "old player"?

geez my first video games as a child were family computer games, pacman, super mario, battle city, galaxian, etc. and there are some people here older than me. what does that make us, like prehistoric cavemen? lol jk

but to answer your question, if you have that * staff in your vault, that's probably the best starter weapon. for casters some oracle sets. for melees honestly just the best weapon you can equip

but since you said you have ragnarok and atlantis, i say just go through with it without cheesing with overpowered items. you'll discover some things like small torch being the solution for warrior chars having problems with alastor. (it's well known now that alastor can be a pain for warrior characters early game). or you'll find some weird items like bow with +1 to defense. or staff with physical damage

Hi!

Thank you for your kind answer.

First of all, I thought the first answer would be not that degrading like that so if you need, I can explain this from the beginning.
So my father was reaaaally loved gaming, I've got my first computer when I was a child (I was around 5 years old) and maybe started with Mario/space invaders/jazz jackrabbit/Aladdin tales/red alert/age of empires/Heroes m&m/etherlords I don't remember clearly but Titan Quest was not my first game so please... It was 6 years later when they bought TQ when I was 12 but it is not important. The main point is that now I feel myself in nostalgic moments, so I've got games from my childhood again, I am really sorry if it's disturbing for you, also it was my favorite h&s/action RPG instead of diablo for example, because of mythology.

Anyway, I've found a Vault and used some item from that, also I won't ruin the gaming experience so it is only a little bit of adjust in my opinion.
I have become a Diviner because I like to summon companions who support me, I've found items for that role.
I chose that I will run through the first phase, the basic game because of the story, and then slowly continue with Ragnarok, then Atlantis.
There is a guide maybe for a diviner? :D
I am in Egypt right now, around of the Giza's pyramids, really enjoy those myth feelings.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2021, 19:44:34 »
Well, the main thing is to find items with "Bonus to Pets" on them if you want to be a petmancer.  They help to make your pets stronger. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2021, 21:30:40 »
OP, nah I'm not mad nor disturbed. how can i be when medea is twice my age?  ^-^

and we have a forum friend here who's silent now but hopefully he's ok, he said few months ago that he's 98 yrs old

i have never played a diviner so sorry i can't help with that. i don't even remember what a diviner is lol
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 09 November 2021, 21:52:47 »
Dream and Spirit botebote77. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline tpeter19

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: returning Player needs help
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2021, 23:19:04 »
Ohh woow, Medea thank you but unfortunately, I've never seen any pet bonus item or just ignored them, idk :)) :))

Botebote: oh wow, there are such veteran players, I respect them!

Going to Theba btw, just found Khufu's staff and chaos's eye

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2021, 08:34:21 »
Look for items like these

They can be on yellow or green items and available from L3 onwards.  Some uniques (blues/purples) will also have + to some pets/skills.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2021, 18:23:26 »
The best help you can get as a new (or returning player) is from watching youtube guides. This forum is not active enough and people here don't seem to be interested in discussing the game anymore. So search for begginer, farming and build guides on youtube. There you will find enough useful information to get you started. It's a waste of time if you expect any decent help from this site.

Also, you don't need TQ Vault to share items between characters, you have shared stash in the game. TQ Vault is good for hoarding loot. You can also cheat with it and increase stats and xp on characters, but i advise you not to do it, you will ruin the game for yourself.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 10 November 2021, 19:55:34 »
Well, it's only as active as its members make it so ...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2021, 20:04:56 »
It's a waste of time if you expect any decent help from this site.
[insert stabbing emoji]
well... i suggested a youtube channel managed by this site long time ago. I'm even willing to contribute all my videos. maybe even add new ones?

site could even use a social media account i think. could be managed by the highest admins here
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal