Author Topic: inventory size modding  (Read 6486 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
inventory size modding
« on: 10 October 2021, 23:08:29 »
Does anyone here have any experience with inventory size modding?
I am trying to achieve a non-inventory equipping (directly to and from the player's body) for more realism (as a warrior you can only carry what you wear and have in your hands...)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: inventory size modding
« Reply #1 on: 11 October 2021, 21:52:00 »
For a Diablo style hack and slash game, what you want to do here doesn't make any sense. You need to pick loot for trading, and you need inventory space for potions, relics, charms or any other crafting component or recipe. If you want your character to carry only the equipment he wears, then don't pick up anything from the ground... or if you want that much realism, then don't play fantasy games :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11 October 2021, 22:34:33 »
Thank you for your input, Zardoz.
I'm sorry if I triggered your irritation.

In my mod there are no longer potions or any magic for that matter.
It may not make sense for a Diablo hack and slash game, as you correctly point out, but then, my mod changes the game into something else entirely ;)
You are also right in assuming that I don't like fantasy games. That's exactly why I am modding TQ!

I respect your taste in games.
I hope you can do the same.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11 October 2021, 22:51:48 »
You don't like fantasy games, so you register an account on a fantasy game forum, to ask people there, how to turn their favorite fantasy game, into a non-fantasy game? Interesting...
Tell me, how are you going to remove the mythology and the creatures from your non-fantasy REALISTIC Titan Quest mod?  >:D

Keep us posted on the progress of your non-fantasy fantastical mythological game, with no potions and no equipment... Are you going to remove the magic too? After all, magic is not very realistic, is it? You can't have spells in a realistic game like yours, do you agree?

PS - And don't worry about me, the only thing you're triggering here, is my laughter.
« Last Edit: 11 October 2021, 22:54:04 by Zardoz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11 October 2021, 23:01:17 »
Laughing is healthy - a scientifically proven fact, that - and better than negativity, right?

Indeed, no magic, no spells, nothing of the kind in my mod.

I think TQ was the first game I ever tried modding. I fell in love with the visuals (and the isometric point of view) and bought it... twice! (I discovered that I hated the obligation of having the Steam app constantly running, so I bought it again from GOG). I have now returned to the game to - once again - try to shape it into something that I can enjoy. You see, what triggers my laughter and what I find silly is magic spells and such. Definitively not my cup of tea. But as I said, I totally respect that other people have other opinions and tastes. Live and let live. There's so much unnecessary conflict in this world already... Plus, there are more important things to get worked up about... right?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2021, 00:26:05 »
Im not sure if possible to eliminate the inventory bag, but maybe its possible to reduce only for 1x row.

Im not the right person to help about this, i advice you to send a pm with nargil666, he is around this forum,  he know alot more of this topic, as he did expand the inventory bags on his mods.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 12 October 2021, 03:12:10 »
The inventory and bag sizes are defined in gameengine.dbr => UI section:

Just set all 4 entries to 0 and you have no inventory. It should work, at least in theory. Only im not sure if items doesnt require some minimal space in inventory before they auto-equip on the character. If it doesnt, that is the only solution i know of.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #7 on: 12 October 2021, 08:15:50 »
Does anyone here have any experience with inventory size modding?
I am trying to achieve a non-inventory equipping (directly to and from the player's body) for more realism (as a warrior you can only carry what you wear and have in your hands...)

Rather than modding the game, have you considered just not picking up stuff except for gold and any equipment you want to wear?  Not using any spells? 

Nargil66 would know more than me, but I'm not sure you can pick up something from the ground and equip it directly without it going into the inventory bag first.  Shops you could do it I think, but I'm not sure about drops.

Zardoz, we already have a challenge running where you can only use weapons/shields/potions and nothing else; it's called the Naked HC challenge. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12 October 2021, 11:59:00 »
@nargil66: I had tried that, in fact it was the first thing I tried, but then I discovered that strangely enough the game does not let you add anything to the player character's body (as I would have thought) if there isn't space in the inventory. You get a popup saying the inventory is full... So that is not the way. I had hoped someone would know how to eliminate the inventory from its roots. I'll keep on looking and trying out stuff...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 12 October 2021, 12:00:02 »
Thank you all for your input!
:)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Endymion

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 12 October 2021, 14:41:56 »
PS - And don't worry about me, the only thing you're triggering here, is my laughter.
This is a very discouraging and unneeded reaction to somebody just pitching their idea.
If you don't have anything constructive, refrain from commenting altogether.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 12 October 2021, 15:52:44 »
This is a very discouraging and unneeded reaction to somebody just pitching their idea.
If you don't have anything constructive, refrain from commenting altogether.

I already gave him my constructive critique. In case you didn't see, i wasn't the first acting with disrespect.

If you lack the ability to pay attention (or read), refrain from addressing me altogether!
« Last Edit: 12 October 2021, 15:55:42 by Zardoz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #12 on: 12 October 2021, 16:32:20 »
Let's keep on topic and keep it civil folks. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2021, 16:39:05 »
@Zardoz: If I have offended you, I assure you it was unintentional. I have re-read my messages but cannot identify anything that could be interpreted as disrespectful. Could you please specify when and where I first have said something that has angered you?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2021, 16:43:03 »
@MedeaFleecestealer: I just now saw your message.
If I have wronged, I would like the opportunity to apologize.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal