Author Topic: Help a new player  (Read 5664 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Agi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Help a new player
« Reply #15 on: 11 October 2021, 01:05:50 »
Any suggestion for something before Knossus lab looking for stonebinders +2?
My ideas are: Nessus, Spider Cave, Undead area with 3 lords, Polyphemus; bit more dubious about gorgon sisters, Kings valley, first Telkin. The same farmable at normal difficulty

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #16 on: 11 October 2021, 01:39:45 »
i would skip the skelleton princes , they arent worthy to farm, probably Nessus-Tegea spider as they are near of the rebirth fountain making easy and more fast to do runs.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 11 October 2021, 03:07:33 »
Also farm Talos - day and night! :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Agi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 11 October 2021, 09:00:03 »
i would skip the skelleton princes , they arent worthy to farm, probably Nessus-Tegea spider as they are near of the rebirth fountain making easy and more fast to do runs.

From Nessus i got the Outrider Buckler; good but not strong like it was at level 7, i probably have one better, and not reciclable to a newbie being lvl 24. Anything else worth farming?

Also farm Talos - day and night! :D

Talos master automaton, a new friend that guess i will find in Knossos with other automatons.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Agi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 11 October 2021, 15:58:21 »
A few questions:

I see a SAVE button but no LOAD one, and when i exit game it autosaves and restarts me at last fountain; what's the use of save?

I tought that ELEMENTAL resistance were fire, cold and lightning, but i have a piece of armor 12% elemental res that when equipped raises fire by 12 but reduces cold and lightning by 10. How does elemental res work?

Where can i look for a sword to replace the sabertooth that begins to get old?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 11 October 2021, 16:35:18 »
A few questions:

I see a SAVE button but no LOAD one, and when i exit game it autosaves and restarts me at last fountain; what's the use of save?

I tought that ELEMENTAL resistance were fire, cold and lightning, but i have a piece of armor 12% elemental res that when equipped raises fire by 12 but reduces cold and lightning by 10. How does elemental res work?

1- save button is just for cosmetic i guess, since the game saves you at the last rebirth fountain you selec, maybe in the past it was used for something.

2- Elemental does affect fire-lighting-cold, remenber in epic your character resistances does get reduced by -50% maybe that armor had boost of lighting-cold (?)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 11 October 2021, 16:36:04 »

It probably reduces the cold and light resistances because your old armor gives more cold and light res than your new one

For a new sword, your only hope is the vendors, look for one with extra attack speed and physical damage bonuses. It might not be better right away, you will have to upgrade it with the epic version of Valor of Achilles.

I'm not sure what Epic and Legendary swords can be dropped at this point of the game, and if they're going to be better than the option above.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Agi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 11 October 2021, 21:48:33 »

It probably reduces the cold and light resistances because your old armor gives more cold and light res than your new one

If i wear Cleansing Arachnos Chitin of Impulse with Poison 19% and Slow 72% res, no resistances on fire ice lightning i have Fire 43 Cold 10 Lightning 11
If i switch it to Juggernaut Ornamented Suit of Thorns that has 12 Elemental 24 Stun and some retribution i should IMPROVE fire cold Lightning but instead i go to Fire 55 Ice 2 Lightning 1; i imrove fire +12%  but reduce other two of 10% Same thing happens using a Apple Bearer Mail +12 elemental and other stuff; puzzling indeed

Havent discovered yet how to attach screenshots, if i manage i will post them

Polyphemus farming was a waste of time; run it a dozen times and just got a couple shards and lots of money from the vendor, now i have 25M in cash; not a blue not a recipe. Now farming the Big Green Spider Arachna

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 11 October 2021, 22:02:50 »
You can take screenshots with the Print Screen button on your keyboard... i think they get saved somewhere in your TQ save folder. I'm not sure, because i use a program (Bandicam) to make screenshots.
Take some pics and share them, to see where the problem with your resistances is, you must be missing something here...

If you want good results from farming, 10-20 Cyclops runs, are not going to cut it, unless you get very lucky. I can't really tell how good Polyphemus is for getting loot, since i never farm him on epic. In Epic i only run the Boar Snatcher and Talos.
« Last Edit: 11 October 2021, 22:04:45 by Zardoz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 12 October 2021, 01:39:02 »
If i wear Cleansing Arachnos Chitin of Impulse with Poison 19% and Slow 72% res, no resistances on fire ice lightning i have Fire 43 Cold 10 Lightning 11
If i switch it to Juggernaut Ornamented Suit of Thorns that has 12 Elemental 24 Stun and some retribution i should IMPROVE fire cold Lightning but instead i go to Fire 55 Ice 2 Lightning 1; i imrove fire +12%  but reduce other two of 10%
it's because it's not 10 and 11 you're seeing but -10 and -11. you add 12 so it becomes 2 and 1. epic reduces resists by 40
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Agi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 12 October 2021, 08:48:15 »
If i switch it to Juggernaut Ornamented Suit of Thorns that has 12 Elemental 24 Stun and some retribution i should IMPROVE fire cold Lightning but instead i go to Fire 55 Ice 2 Lightning 1; i imrove fire +12%  but reduce other two of 10%
it's because it's not 10 and 11 you're seeing but -10 and -11. you add 12 so it becomes 2 and 1. epic reduces resists by 40

Exactly; the snowflake and the lightning were covering the minus sign. Problem solved

You can take screenshots with the Print Screen button on your keyboard... i think they get saved somewhere in your TQ save folder. I'm not sure, because i use a program (Bandicam) to make screenshots.
Take some pics and share them, to see where the problem with your resistances is, you must be missing something here...

If you want good results from farming, 10-20 Cyclops runs, are not going to cut it, unless you get very lucky. I can't really tell how good Polyphemus is for getting loot, since i never farm him on epic. In Epic i only run the Boar Snatcher and Talos.

Boar Snatcher, just met him, dont remember where but wasnt long ago, ATM i just met the blacksmith after the swamp. Need to look at the wiki and backstep a bit
Is Shadowsomething big black wolf in the side cave worth farming; tried it with a death desire and stomped it like a bug when i remember him killing me easy on normal; no majestic chest and no meaningful drop.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Agi

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 13 October 2021, 18:03:36 »
Found a pretty decent sword at a vendor 70-75 dmg +29 phisical +8% str  +9% AS plus 40% of Achilles and a bit of lightning dmg. Payed it some 3 millions if i remember, but money is here to be spent not to be kept in the chest and i have more than 50M away ready to be spent.

Also found a shield with +2 def skill, but need some carapace to enhance it and i know it drops from beetles in egypt; could use it with Talsos, no arrows, but sure not where there are archers around.

Found the Lionheart recipe, with some nice stats and +1 defence skill,  but ATM i only have the Molten Orb, missing recipes of Raven Shadow and Tome of Transfiguration

Reached Knossos and found Talos the big automaton; fairly easy to kill, just need to drink a couple potions, even if his stun is very strong considering i have 80% resistance, and quick to reach from first fountain inside Labyrinth. Think i'll farm him a couple dozen times, loot is interesting in four runs i got two blue

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal