Author Topic: NO HUD MOD - HIDE COMPASS  (Read 3265 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
NO HUD MOD - HIDE COMPASS
« on: 01 October 2021, 13:11:43 »
Can someone here make a dll to suppress the hard-coded compass for me?
I have successfully removed everything for my NO HUD MOD except for the map rendering in the compass area (right upper screen corner)...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
Re: NO HUD MOD - HIDE COMPASS
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2021, 13:35:35 »
Can someone here make a dll to suppress the hard-coded compass for me?
I have successfully removed everything for my NO HUD MOD except for the map rendering in the compass area (right upper screen corner)...
You want to disable all HUD, even button skills?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2021, 13:47:01 »
not disable, just not visible

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2021, 01:20:48 »
Just using f8 button in game, it hide all HUD.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2021, 02:24:40 »
I don't like that - it also hides the menus etc.

I already solved this: the compass toggle setting is saved in the game save file.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2021, 10:11:26 »
Wath exactly are you refering to as "the compas"? The mini map? Why would you want that removed? When minized, it only takes a fraction of the corner... I wish that was my biggest concern with this game :D As much as i love it, there are so many things that annoy me, which sadly are never going to get addresed by the developer.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02 October 2021, 12:21:29 »
what things for example?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 02 October 2021, 17:04:35 »
what things for example?

Well... on the top of my head, here's a few gripes i have with the game, that stretch from way back when. And these don't include technical ussues, like bugs or frame rate drop...

1. No balance between unique (epic/legendariy) and regular (magical/rare/MI) weapons - This is a big problem i have with the game. To put it short, 90% of the epics and legendary melee and ranged weapons are completely inferior to weapons that can be socketed with relics and charms. Weapon relics that grant flat damage and attack speed bonuses are way overpowered and need to be nerfed... After the nerf they also need to make them socketable into epic and legendary weapons. This will bring balance and make most weapons in the game usefull. It's completely laughable to have so many amazing looking bows, being put to shame by the Ichtian Stinger and the Bramblewood Bow, that you can farm in 30 minutes with ease, and then not give a crap for any blue or purple bow that drops for the rest of the game. Same goes with most legendary maces... they're just too slow, while a vendored rare mace can get Alacrity affix (30-40% attack speed) and can be socketed with Incarnation of Valor of Achilles with +53% attack speed on top of the Alacrity bonus - there's no comparison, imagine dual wielding two of these.
Epic maces, spears, bows, and axes don't even deserve to be mentioned - they're complete trash next to green and even yellow weapons with speed or damage (or both) affixes... they might as well not be in the game, they serve no purpose, you have to be a masochist to use them over a nice rare, that you can vendor farm in no time.

^These balancing problems apply only to the weapons... the rest (shields, armor pieces and jewerly) are done corectly - the epics and legendaries are almost all usefull fordifferent builds and play styles. At  the same time, rare and MI items can be super good with a lucky roll.

2. Another ballancing issue, this time with the level requirements for gear. So Titan Quest has a lot of loot, right? And it has a nice shared stash for you to mule and store your best finds... So the game encourages sharing and even trading items online between players. But sharing items is the most broken thing in the game for me. See... some of the most powerful items in the game have a level requirement that is way too low. The attribute requirement is ok, but equiping overpowered loot at level 40-45, while you're still in act 5 normal difficulty is absolutely ridiculouds... not only that it makes your character a demigod, it renders the entire next difficulty (Epic) and even the start of Legendary difficulty, completely obsolete. The game becomes soo easy and so boring, that the player stops putting any thought or care into his progression. That's why i ancourage everyone to play solo self-found all the time, and to sell everything that is not useful for their current character... even if it's godly legendary that fits another class. The only thing i share between my characters are the relics and the crafting recipes... I have TQ Vault where i store items, but for me it's like a museum for loot. I don't use the vault loot, because it kills the fun for me. To THQ's credit, they kinda learned their lesson and most of the new items they added in the expansions have really high level requirements as it should be, but there's still some new items that can be equiped way too early.

3. Punishing resistance penalties... I don't have problem with the idea of a resistance penalty when you move to higher difficulties. But the penalties in TQ are way too severe... No matter what you do, you can never max all your resistances in legendary difficulty (i'm excluding physical resistance from my rant, i understand why this one is difficult to max).
But if you somehow manage to max everything (you won't), good luck doing that without crippling yourself in every other area, including DPS. How come i can make a powerful characer in Diablo 2 that is also tanky and has maxed resistances and maxed block chance? Why can i max all my resistances in Grim Dawn and still do 80k damage per second? Why can't i do that in Titan Quest? And what about the secondary resistances? Good luck raising those with anything other than Defense Mastery and have good main resistance on top of that. And no, it's not a fun challenge to carry 100 situational swap items all the time and to have to constantly play tetris with your character screen depending on the damage type you're facing... it just makes everything more tedious. Legendary is hard for all the wrong reasons because of it. Bottom line is, you should be able  to max everything and be able to do decent damage at the same time, while still getting a degree of fair challenge. Why not? A maxed resistance is not that OP, but not having it can be a real handicap for your character... and it will be. Which brings me to the next criticism...

4. Not enough gear slots. What you have in TQ? Two rings and one amulet, two weapon slots, a torso, head, arm and leg slots... oh yeah, also artifact slot. A total of 10 gear slots. Not bad, Diablo 2 had 10 slots, but D2 only has 4 main resistance types and these resistance get -50% penalty on the highest difficulty.  And let's not forget that D2 also has charms. At the same time TQ has 8 main reisitance types, of which 7 get -100% penalty on legendary difficulty...
The game needs a belt and a mantle slot... and all of the rest items need to be reballanced so that the extra two slots don't give you too much DPS and break the game. The new slots should bring just the necessary resistance and ballance between all aspects of building a character. Bow builds should also be able to equip off hand items, like quivers, to compensate for the lost slot. Mages should be able to equip off hands to, or have one handed staves or wands at their disposal, so they can also carry a shield... which reminds me - we need more intelligence based shields too.

5. I want more weapon types. This is less of a critique, but more of a personal wish. I thin it'll be cool to have two handed weapons and throwing spears (for overhead throwing), that completely differ in play style from the rest of the thrown weapons in the game
« Last Edit: 03 October 2021, 01:46:36 by Zardoz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02 October 2021, 17:09:58 »
you know your game inside out it seems... maybe one of the current devs gets to read this - or some smart modders! and who knows...

i'm afraid i cannot help you with any of this - i'm still beginning to learn how to mod this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 02 October 2021, 17:23:41 »
you know your game inside out it seems... maybe one of the current devs gets to read this - or some smart modders! and who knows...

i'm afraid i cannot help you with any of this - i'm still beginning to learn how to mod this game.

Oh believe me, there's so much i don't know, but these things i mentioned are easy to notice and immediately make a bad impression.

Also, the developers would never show the balls or resoursefulness to make so much drastic changes and completely rebalance the game for the better.  I doubt most of them even play the game to notice the big problems with it. They shoud at least try and fix the ballance in the weapon system, but i'd have to see to believe it.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2021, 17:31:44 by Zardoz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline noobie

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 06 November 2021, 13:35:50 »
I already solved this: the compass toggle setting is saved in the game save file.

00=normal 01=big 02=no compass

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal