Author Topic: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!  (Read 48412 times)

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« on: 10 June 2021, 03:02:28 »
« Last Rated on: 01 July 2021, 13:09:44 »
Looking to be a laboratory guinea pig? Want to bang your head when the game crashes every time you try to farm?

THIS IS A PET SUMMONER MOD.

If you like to play builds that don't use pets or even builds with pets as only player support, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you play without pets, please don't post about how hard this mod is without pets in the thread.

MEGA Link to the share folder :

https://mega.nz/folder/Q4Z22LLD#fBYOBKX9Xb2lL7n2h_bA9w

Once the MEGA page opens you'll see "legionofchampions.zip" which is the whole mod including map, assets and database.

"LegionOfChampionsAtlantisDatabaseOnly.zip" is JUST the database. Paste it over the existing one in your custom maps directory if you use it.

To download a file from the MEGA folders webpage, hover your mouse over the name of the file you want, a little "..." will appear to the right. Click the "..." and you will see a prompt for the download. Since it's already zipped, you can use the standard download selection I think.

REQUIRES RAGNAROK AND ATLANTIS DLC TO PLAY.

MOD WILL BE MODIFIED REGULARLY AND NEED RE-DOWNLOADING.

So the mod is stable for now (restarting to farm will still crash the game sometimes), keeping in mind a new patch is on the horizon. So tuck in and summon an army of minions while we can!

I have been playtesting and there are some things that can't be fixed:

Game crashes when restarting from the main menu, like when you try to farm.
Hidden merchants can still be targeted.
Auto targeting will attack creatures that are hidden from combat like traps.
Pets controllers still target hidden ambush spawns that haven't spawned yet.
Etc.

That being said, this is the thread to download and to fix bugs, balance the unbalanced and tell people I've made an executive decision and that's that. :D

Still a work in progress so don't download if you want a flawless gaming experience.

Stuff I haven't got to:
Boss treasure chests will spawn two sometimes (that can be fixed, but it's a big consolidation of multiple quest files, each with a different system...sheesh)
Miniboss near Wusuo Mountain teleporter is really rough and not complete.
Polish up the Ordnance skills.
Finish Monster Infrequent sets in act 5 and Atlantis DLC.
Etc.

Future plans:
New area in Atlantis I have planned, but won't impact this version as far as character save files.
« Last Edit: 21 June 2021, 20:38:14 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Early Alpha Testing ~ Go!
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2021, 10:13:31 »
Congrats!!

I benn playing a bit so far im lv 7 , defeated Nessus

Couple Reports

I couldnt damage Satyr Brute from Medicine Quest, me and my pets didnt do any dmg on him, well only 5% hp after some minuts so i skiped it, Pandarus was a solid balanced fight even Nessus.

Skelletons Archers from spirit, dont move right ? i think they shouldnt have a UI icon, because it can confuse some people having the false sensation of having a many pets with it and actually only a few.

Dream mastery have 2x duplicate skill at lv 40 (Hecate Glyph)

In Rune Mastery, a modifier of Rune weapon isnt well connected , its placed at lv 10 , but the line is at  lv 4 , maybe its a visual bug?

i will kept playing and report the thinks i see
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2021, 12:27:07 »
2nd Update

Itchians summons from nereid have wrong name (torshell turtle)

I find the bosses and heroes ahving a bit to much hp recovery in early game, if you dont have a good drops you wil be in trouble.

Dread Robert pirate is not at same lv in terms of toughness than Skeletal Prince Brothers or cyclops for exemple, as he fell very quicly

I think bat sonic attack should have a chance to stun or lower stun duration , if you got swarmed by then you can be stun locked for a long period of time

Arachne summons big group of spiders with lower cooldown , in few second you have 15 litle spiders kiling you in seconds :p
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2021, 17:17:23 »
Thank you for the feedback, sauruz. This is very helpful and I'm working on changes as I write this.  :))

nargil66 and I were DMing a little and I gave Shield Maiden some early health and armor buffs in case you choose Defense as a second mastery, she really needs her defense modifier skill in later game.

The health regen that you mention is vague, but I found that the new bossgamebalanceattributes.dbr in the game directory has health regen so I removed it. The +%health regen modifier in epic and legendary I kept, undead shouldn't regen but if a boss HAS regen then I like the boost they get in epic.

I consolidated the spider spawns for arachne, it is a proxy spawn so I just added the spider archer pools to the melee pool proxy with a lower chance. Now she just summons them like the vanilla game as far as how often.

The Satyr Brute mini boss was casting Battle Awareness which is probably why you couldn't hurt him, I moved it to Epic and Legendary and removed the pet resistance.

You know, there's a story about an electrical grid blackout in New York city and it was discovered later that it was caused by a bug in the code base, a single missing semi-colon. That's how it feels about the skeletal archers in Spirit. I changed the controller and the description and the cooldown and everything but forgot to flip the "show icon" bit to zero.

I've fixed the rest of the things you mention as they are bugs like the dream skill bug, I have to check in game about the Runemaster visual bug later.

Bats keep their stun, and I have been stunlocked a couple times...now when I see a bat I'm all "Uh oh...run!" and my pets get stunned. Bats were once a funny and cute little aesthetic all "Oh, look...a bat! How spooky lol" and you just slapped it to death. Now it's all "OMG RUN YOU IDIOTS Ahhh, no too late" heh heh. I reduced it to a 50% chance and halved the stun duration, but I like that bats aren't just fluff.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2021, 00:04:08 »
It seens i got stuck at Greek Telkine, im spirit and earth combo, having full skelleton warriors , lv 7 skeleton archers, lv 7 magma sprite. Telkine isnt getting much of dmg by pets, i guess i need to farm strong itens before to fight, tomorrow.

I had 1 crash when i was going unlock Minotaur Lord arena, it can be Titan Quest being silly. When i re open the game it went just fine, Minotaur Lord was tuff but it was acessible.

Is the Ratman Necromancer boss in parnassus have a resistance versus undead ? it was a long fight, maybe its intended since he far of main road ?

The boulder shoot by Satyr General before Gorgons deals kinda high dmg , as  one shot me , well my hp doesnt help since i had 600ish hp :p

Minoan Statues inside Labyrinth have tagged as Guardian stone guardian (?)

Shield casted by Automaton Broze champion could be more resistance ? As they kept casting in short period of time.

There are some Mis that have adiferent colour , for exemple stonebinders have the green olive colour and Maenad boots and Boarman Helm have the regular dark green colour, it is the same ? Or its because it spawn with Affixes ?

The Ancient Limos from quest is kinda strong atleast for skellies and fire sprite as he 1 shoot then pretty much, maybe im having a bad day :p

Sergos Longstride (Centaur hero) have somekind of hp recovery when he get up to 5% of hp ? it seens he have some kind of self buff like adrenaline.

Itchian mages have strong absorb aura right ? as i was hitting then and i didnt saw hp going down when they had the buff, im assuming it is this case.

Orthrus are really scary now,  they do more fire dmg it rip my skellies fast , it is fun and scarry when i face their groups ah! Loving it

I could walk down in this place and go through of this side area, unless theres something hiding around :0

!!Yheaa Pirate Island ...baby!! Oh i miss it

small suggestion:
THQ Nordic removed Ratman plaguebearer ( poison archers) from ratman pools , when they re implement the Fire mages, if you want to re add then, it could be cool.

Edit: I have forgot to speak about satyr altars, while it is fun device, i think they are bit tanky for early lvs, since you can find then in Sparta up to Athens , i didnt see any diference in their lvs and abilities, maybe the ones found in early lvs could have less hp/resistance and as far you travel in the act they become more dangerous and summon stronger version of satyrs. As i was in Athens Batleground and the satyr altar was kepting spawn lv 6 ghost satyrs the same i found in Sparta Graveyard.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 00:15:22 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2021, 01:15:28 »
I will nerf the first Telkine's defenses a little for normal difficulty.

Notice that some enemies will be using Spirit Ward which defends against undead. Valkyries use it I know and some Necromancer type enemies. Spirit characters need to adjust.

The Satyr General does have a boulder throwing skill that can one shot casters that hang back, yes. One-shotted me several times now. You should have seen the Satyr Necro that can spwn instead lol, he kept spawning 5 Zombie Captains over and over...there was like 30 of them and I just quit to desktop :D

I nerfed the ancient limos for normal difficulty.

The Ichthian Mages cast Sylvan Nymph's Overgrowth which has a fixed amount of damage absorb so you have to keep hitting them to dissolve the buff.

I removed Longstride's buff for normal difficulty.

Thanks for pointing out that area in Knossos, I had missed painting that little area with the no-passing brush in the editor :) this is the kind of big mistake that makes people helping with testing such a wonderful thing. Honestly, you know how many things you have on your dinner plate all at once and it can get a little overwhelming. One thing drives out another as the saying goes, and you end up with a little mistake.

There are 2 satyr altars in Greece, I will nerf the first one's defenses for normal difficulty. I've only made a few Satyr ghosts, and remember that if you are playing Spirit, other masteries struggle with those ghosts.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2021, 03:07:22 »
1、hello,There are four occupations,Skill bar 100, and the other six only have 40。bug?
2、Hello, is the maximum player level 85?
3、Sythestia ~ Pale Ichthian Queen,It's static,Can't attack。
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 05:20:12 by 郝玉龙 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2021, 03:18:05 »
I fall far behind Sauruz, just entered the Pirate lord camp. Found 2 issues:
- First, had to restock potions so i teleported back to Spartan Camp, but when i got back to the portal map, my custom portal was gone...
maybe i did something wrong? Or is it because the pirate camp is a new area?
- Second thing is a small visual issue with pirate headbands. The inside is transparent so it looks a bit wonky. There is an easy fix when you want inner side of an item to be visible too - just change the shader from standardskinned to standardskinnednoculling. Its a new shader they added after AE.
- Pirate lord is tough! Hence my first death. Especially when he spawn more of his mateys.
- Did you change textures of turtles? I bet you did. They look more realistic than vanilla.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2021, 13:13:51 »
Update n 3

Lv 26 Reach into Fayum

i must be blind, because i didnt notice the cave entrance that lead into the aquatic cave above cyclops lair, yhea the Pale itchian boss must have a bad controller (right?) as he cant died either.

Anyway, i was able to defeat Greek Telkine! i went to grind a bit to craft my first artefact , start heart, found as well a good magic torso from oracle set and put a point on heat shield and help from arcane power from the scroll and was able to take telkine down! Atleast the limos dont heal him back so it was nice :p

I think as far im getting into the game the problem in early game is the dps, as the bosses have more resistance versus pets and bit more defenses if the player dont have any intial skill or ability can be a problem in the start as well with the hp recovery ,but when it start to get a nice drops its turns to be alright

-fell blade have a invalid skil profile

.Scorpos from beast of legends was hard , specially the sting , it was more dangerous than Ammit

-Jakalman berseker ambush from the Rhakotis Library drops to many Mis , or atleast i was lucky , got atleast 5 parts from the gang

-you can go down into the river from here

I got lucky from drops got bone bracelet and white crow and got my skellies warriors to high version at lv 21, yey

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2021, 17:07:31 »
1、hello,There are four occupations,Skill bar 100, and the other six only have 40。bug?
2、Hello, is the maximum player level 85?
3、Sythestia ~ Pale Ichthian Queen,It's static,Can't attack。

1. Yes, some were 40, I changed that when I added pet bonuses to the mastery file yesterday. https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1466.msg17077#msg17077
2. According to soa and others, the game engine now hard-caps player level at 85 and the mod tools can't do anything about it. I can put any number I want in the player levels file, but the game ignores the changes.
3. Yes, saurz saw that , too. When a monster is in a "T" pose, it's a bad animation file. When they don't act but you can't kill them, it's a bad controller file.

@nargil66 I double checked Pirate Island and the overworld island and caves are added to the Knossos zone. I just re-added them redundantly in the editor, but it's a head-scratcher why that happened.

@sauruz I'm going to have to re-paint the entire length of the whole Nile again, aren't I? Same thing happened last time I modded that area in the last mod...change one map section and all the no-pass pathing just goes away. Frustrating.

Maybe the low DPS is just Spirit, I haven't had this issue when playtesting. Maybe I will boost the skelly damage or something.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2021, 17:20:55 »

@sauruz I'm going to have to re-paint the entire length of the whole Nile again, aren't I? Same thing happened last time I modded that area in the last mod...change one map section and all the no-pass pathing just goes away. Frustrating.

As far i went, just that small gap in the lower nile. I will let you know if i found more

I had to repaint more or like three times Nile borders in my mod, i know the pain.

@Bumbleguppy , i think Nargil is speaking about the pirate camp in Megara coast, the area wheres is the boss
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 17:25:17 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 11 June 2021, 18:28:54 »
Oh! You're right, I see now. yes, that area is new and it wasn't added to the Megara zone so I fixed it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 11 June 2021, 19:15:48 »
tagLocMonsterSkill015=Curse of Hades
tagLoCMonsterSkillDesc015=Slows and reduces vitality resistance.
tagLocMonsterSkill015=Stygian Fireball
tagLoCMonsterSkillDesc015=A powerful ball of energy is lobbed by the caster, exploding amongst enemies.

hello   Repeat? Wrong?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 11 June 2021, 19:31:09 »
It seens its impossible to enter inside Marduk Temple  ( my guess is the connection between  entrance door outside to main dungeon)

I got a blank reward when i completed Place of Truth Quest

You can walk into this region, maybe placing rocks or debris can help out closing the gaps ? In relation of Nile, its only that place i post, so its good :D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2021, 20:29:57 »
tagLocMonsterSkill015=Curse of Hades
tagLoCMonsterSkillDesc015=Slows and reduces vitality resistance.
tagLocMonsterSkill015=Stygian Fireball
tagLoCMonsterSkillDesc015=A powerful ball of energy is lobbed by the caster, exploding amongst enemies.

hello   Repeat? Wrong?

Ha ha, yes repeat or as I like to call it "copy and paste error". Names of monster skills usually don't matter as the "show when pet" bit is rarely set to 1, but in this case the skill "Curse of Hades" is shown as it is like Plague and the player needs the icon so I fixed it.

@sauruz I can't figure that quest display bug out. The quest file has a tag for the reward, the tag is still there in Modstrings.txt...but it doesn't show in game so I just removed the stupid tag from the quest file. Forget about it, stupid game.
 >:(

I reimported the first level of the temple of Marduk and it showed the door connected so I didn't check...it seems that the connection from the ziggurat outside WAS broken, so confusing...so I fixed it. Sorry about that.

Ha ha, another thing I spent time on yesterday was trying to track down the dvergr sound files in the database, they had "stun" as the "death" sound etc...really confusing and messy.

So I did a personal preference selection of sounds, but they no longer say "Zoop!" when they die lol...Zoop!

I have uploaded the latest build to MEGA.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal