Author Topic: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development  (Read 34943 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: LoC Ragnarok / Atlantis development
« Reply #135 on: 23 June 2021, 21:58:24 »
Yeah, the Guardian Spirit was cool.

I have removed the skeletons from the Obsidian Obelisks, maybe I will add them back to Epic and Legendary.

Here is my Druid playthrough with the Frost Wisps. They get Frost Breath at level 4, Frost Shield at level 8 (not skill modifier, an inherent skill now) and then they get Ice Storm at level 12. I haven't come up with an uber mesh for level 21+ yet.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #136 on: 23 June 2021, 22:05:18 »
Holy!

Ice shrads from the sky is a impressive skill! I didnt knew it was possible. Once again im suprised to see what is possible to do in via modding.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: 23 June 2021, 22:10:26 »
I had to settle on a single target as the projectile templates for any kind of exploding type projectile will spin the projectile in the game engine, no setting can stop it.

In this case it was okay as it is a petskill and I didn't want a big AoE explosion to keep from being OP. They have their breath attack for that.

Just FYI about Rune Golem's speed and how I approached it, modders.

There is an attack speed cap inthe game engine, you can change it but that's not my point.

Rune Golem starts out with a powerful but slow attack. His modifiers can increse it with attack speed modifier, but that's capped at 80%. But I want maybe 100% or 120% because he is so slow to start.

I've used this before, but instead of adding +% attack speed in his Runeblade skill, I used "CharactrAttackSpeed" instead.

Veterans will remember the Homados bug, this is the same. When adding a value to the characterAttackSpeed in a skill, it is added (as a floating point value) to the character's existing attack speed.

So I the character's base is 1.000000, adding 0.100000 to the characterAttackSpeed is additive and the BASE attack speed becomes 1.100000.

So what? Well, this is the BASE, which means any +%Attack Speed Modifier acts on THE NEW BASE. That's how you get around the attack speed cap.

So you could add 0.100000 to character base to say, an epic weapon which is awesome as with it you can get other skills and equipment and end up faster than all the +%attack speed modifiers in the game put together. :)

SO here's the progression for Rune Golem's base attack speed in their Runeweapon skill:
0.100000;0.140000;0.170000;0.210000;0.240000;0.280000;0.320000;0.350000;0.390000;0.420000;0.460000;0.500000;0.530000;0.570000;0.600000;0.640000;0.680000;0.710000;0.750000;0.780000;0.820000;0.860000;0.890000;0.930000;0.960000;1.000000

So at max they have doubled their BASE attack speed (if they get their charge that high). Then OTHER Modifiers increase it with a cap of +80% to THAT speed.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2021, 22:43:43 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #138 on: 24 June 2021, 01:22:40 »
There is an attack speed cap inthe game engine, you can change it but that's not my point.

Rune Golem starts out with a powerful but slow attack. His modifiers can increse it with attack speed modifier, but that's capped at 80%. But I want maybe 100% or 120% because he is so slow to start.

So at max they have doubled their BASE attack speed (if they get their charge that high). Then OTHER Modifiers increase it with a cap of +80% to THAT speed.

You are absolutely correct. But being like trick-suggestion for modders, there is good idea to know HOW attack speed is calculated. Also it is good to know WHAT is mean 100%. So I'm adding addition to this post (this information i'm already published somewhere on this forum before):

So text below is kind of warning for modders. USE this if you understand what you do. If you can't spent 0.1-8 hours to reproduce text below - just never touch this numbers. NEVER. Otherwise you will get something what works somehow and you as modder then say "ah, this fucking TQAE engine so buggy, so they are shitty why they are even touch it, suckies and sucks my socks! (c)". No. There is not a modding way. You pick real number which has NO UNIT of measurement. It has some effect. This effects are complex.

Reversing logic below tooks for me about 4-8 hours in practice and analyzing real database full of real items. And i'm still not sure what this is calculated right (because magic numbers still here).

What mean 100% attack speed? I'm already wrote somewhere on this forum... There is exactly not 1 attack per second. Much, much faster. For PC 2 APS is 126.6% (on Normal game speed for sure). Incrementing BAS is like total speed for everything. And points of speed they are in unkown scale (three is some real number which relative... to... animation which rarely adjusted or understand (most of time)). E.g. which vanilla PC's BAS? 0.74. Why it ever 0.74? Why vanilla knife have 0.5? I mean what without having this details it is hard to predict this numbers and more over - game have no interface to understand what you finally got especially for pet or monster. (Surely, they fine testable visually, but visual testing can't distinguish actual nuisances... and they are pretty important).

And there is really dark area.

For usual weapons formula is next:
Code: [Select]
63.3f * (1 + baseAttackSpeed / 0.74f);Where 63.3 - magic constant. For throwing weapons it is 57.0, for staff - it is 65.0. (Real numbers are bit more "strong" like 63.333336 or 65.3125031 or 57.0000006 :)) ). Again, why this differences? I'm did not know. I'm doesn't see any real difference in animations, number of frames or setup. I'm feel there is just sucky constants inside of game engine. (And yes, 63.3% is 1 attack per second). Whoa?

baseAttackSpeed - is weapon's BAS. 0.74f - it is character's base attack speed. So, now you you can calculate PC attack speed (0.5 is knife):

63.3 * (1 + 0.5 / 0.74) = 106%

Let's increacse character's BAS to 0.84. Will be now our PC do job faster?

63.3 * (1 + 0.5 / 0.84) = 101%

Ah? Oh-oh. It starts to do work slower by 5% be we up his BAS by 0.1. I'm think there is good and simple explaining what I mean.

Shield is way more special - normal shield's BAS which did not affect your's attack speed - is... ZERO. Yes. Shield's attack speed is additively stacked with weapon attack speed if i'm remember correctly. So, if you want create shield with -10% to attack speed without char speed modifier - you should put some negative number in BAS (and -10% will be relative to PC, but for monster same shield might work as -20%, again back to equation above!).

I'm just show a warning, ruling this numbers it is absolutely legal, correct and valid way to rule your mod. Do things which you want to do. But everytime you touch them, you should keep in mind, what there is non-linear dependency driven by equation above. In practice this means, what small adjustments, like @Bumbleguppy use - can be treated as linear and can did not care about actual equations. But higher-level adjustments will not be scaled linearly, and there is good to know how this works.

PS: And finally you can see how it is conflict with message above when text says to add number to add additional speed, while it will made monster only slower. :P @Bumbleguppy - this is easy to field test. Add more massive number and differences will be seen. Still might depends on what is added. I'm strictly speaked about `characterAttackSpeed`.
« Last Edit: 24 June 2021, 01:29:15 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: 24 June 2021, 02:05:52 »
Well, good to know.

Then forget what I said about adding to characterAttack speed then. Truly a shame it isn't linear and intuitive, but that's how the game works I suppose. Not my idea.

To be honest, the time it takes to field test the affect for an equation adjustment isn't worth it when I could be farming Stonebinder cuffs instead. :))

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #140 on: 24 June 2021, 02:17:45 »
Well, good to know.

Then forget what I said about adding to characterAttack speed then. Truly a shame it isn't linear and intuitive, but that's how the game works I suppose. Not my idea.

To be honest, the time it takes to field test the affect for an equation adjustment isn't worth it when I could be farming Stonebinder cuffs instead. :))

It is worth. The difference what i'm speak about character BAS natural attribute, but never have test it with modifying by skills (logically they additively stacks, like you say), but there is unclear where it inserted in given expression. So you words might be true depending on how we manipulate this thing. I'm seen enough to be ready to any behavior from engine. :)

You just need to try 0.5 and -0.5 to see what you are really makes char slower or faster.

Mine notice was addressed not to you directly, but what this thing is especially tricky. However I'm added to mine shields speed malus in last year and liked how this works, and I'm absolutely not better than you. It was just expensive to understand this dependency. And then improved it a bit.

Again, your post absolutely correct. Nuisance is only in sign. And suggestion test on "big" numbers, because +/-10% on pet or monster sometimes hard to observe.

Another idea to test: replace PC with target monster (pet)  with equipment and skills and see numbers... :) But there is too much actions for same.

PS: In mine unfinished mod weapon speed depends on weapon visual size. Calculated automatically from mesh lenght. Thisxwas very important to calculate things correctly and understand what is BAS on weapon, and how utilize char's BAS. :) [Mod abandonded in practice, no have time for this, and hit in engine limits which i'm dislike which locks to keep stupid original game decisions]
« Last Edit: 24 June 2021, 02:33:37 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: 24 June 2021, 04:40:18 »
Today I did something I've wanted to do for YEARS and just always forgot or something else took precedence.

You know those little dark brown beetles in Egypt? I gave them a subtle glow texture so you can see them in the dark. Even if the original design goal was something that could jump-scare you in the dark, I hate it and want to see monsters in the distance so I made them more visible. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #142 on: 24 June 2021, 07:07:03 »
Today I did something I've wanted to do for YEARS and just always forgot or something else took precedence.

You know those little dark brown beetles in Egypt? I gave them a subtle glow texture so you can see them in the dark. Even if the original design goal was something that could jump-scare you in the dark, I hate it and want to see monsters in the distance so I made them more visible. :)

Thank you!  I also hate that they blend into the scenery and are hard to see.   :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline 郝玉龙

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #143 on: 24 June 2021, 07:28:28 »
https://mega.nz/file/5chBUYIa#-mPHT0BJmDKIeQ63NzJHam7-ATtAenT5wANSqWHTcjw

x3tagSkillDreamStaffBeam=Psionic Beam,+10,You can use this skill。

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: 27 June 2021, 19:47:29 »
Today another quiet small defeat since the release of Ragnarok.

In Styx I turned the geysers to proxies that then can spawn the original decorative geyser or a monster that looks like a geyser and erupts doing col and poison damage.

This worked flawlessly in my previous iterations of this mod.

Now, XPack/SceneryHades/nature/rock/rockobj/rock_styx_poisongeyser_06.dbr doesn't show up in game.

People reported a spot in Styx you couldn't walk.

Why isn't THAT geyser showing up in game anymore but all the others do? I don't know. Same with a boulder in the Orient, just stopped showing up.

So I imported the original meshes in a duplicate directory in my mod. Nope.

I rebuilt the pathing in Styx. Well, it shows up but it ignores the movement parameter settings in the database and you can walk right through it. I can only add the 0 to dblIgnorePathing setting so hard and hit save so hard and hit build so hard or I'll hurt myself. :)

So my ultimate solution is to restore the original pathing by copy-paste the offending map sections and removing the proxy from the database for good ol' no. 6 and replacing it in the database with the original static decoration file. At least it both shows up in-game and you can't walk through it.

I'm getting real tired of things breaking in the mod after they worked for so long.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal