Author Topic: Can't execute MapCompiler.exe  (Read 1709 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline typhon007

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Can't execute MapCompiler.exe
« on: 13 December 2020, 11:17:03 »
yesterday i tried to create a simple map in the ae version of titan quest but whenever i try to build the .wrl file in the art manager it just says something like "can't execute mapcompiler.exe". i tried dragging the files directly into the .exe but that didn't work and setting it to run in admin mode didn't help either. i am not sure what the problem could be.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: Can't execute MapCompiler.exe
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2020, 17:20:29 »
yesterday i tried to create a simple map in the ae version of titan quest but whenever i try to build the .wrl file in the art manager it just says something like "can't execute mapcompiler.exe". i tried dragging the files directly into the .exe but that didn't work and setting it to run in admin mode didn't help either. i am not sure what the problem could be.

It should show full path when trying to execute mapcompiler. Does this path valid?

Verify "toolsdir" path to game folder in Tools.ini file (this file located near CustomMaps folder). Normally this path should point to the game folder (which contains tools including MapCompiler).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline typhon007

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Can't execute MapCompiler.exe
« Reply #2 on: 13 December 2020, 18:37:36 »
you are my saviour! i didn't notice that the drive letter it was pointing to was wrong. thank you sooo much!  ;D

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal