Author Topic: one stupid question :)  (Read 3556 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline susannevega

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
one stupid question :)
« on: 09 December 2020, 00:25:56 »
hey there. so... /i'm very sorry if it's wrong place to post topic/

i've seen some formulas in TQAM for example items affixes in loottable.
and my question: is anywhere list of all formulas or simple formula for pets to keep them same lvl with summoning hero? like
*characterlvl* = currentherolvl or else~

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: one stupid question :)
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2020, 21:58:01 »
Yes, it's one of the biggest design flaws in the game to have many things not depending on player level, particularly pet stats.
I tried several weeks ago to link the damage of a skill to the player level, but with no avail. I used "playerLevel" (used for a Variable in records/creature/pc/playerlevels.dbr).

I also tried things based on Grim Dawn dbrs for pets, where you can find things like this : charLevel,charLevel*1,
It doesn't work in TQ, even if you change the pet template to mimic Grim Dawn.
So currently I don't have any solution to make this work, if that's possible in TQ.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline susannevega

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2020, 13:37:47 »
Yes, it's one of the biggest design flaws in the game to have many things not depending on player level, particularly pet stats.
I tried several weeks ago to link the damage of a skill to the player level, but with no avail. I used "playerLevel" (used for a Variable in records/creature/pc/playerlevels.dbr).

I also tried things based on Grim Dawn dbrs for pets, where you can find things like this : charLevel,charLevel*1,
It doesn't work in TQ, even if you change the pet template to mimic Grim Dawn.
So currently I don't have any solution to make this work, if that's possible in TQ.

oh i tried the first way too :) thank you for your respond, soa <3

Not Yet Rated!

Offline susannevega

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2020, 23:12:23 »
Couple more questions :)

Still about making skills:

1) is there any way to make passive skill with layers for example:
hero recieves layer per 10% mana miss
layer parameters: increase hp regeneration by 10% and attack speed by 5%
so in total we have 9 layers each gives 10% hpr and 5%as
90% mp = 10%hpr 5%as; 80% = 20%hpr and 10%as; 70% = 30%hpr and 15% as etc

2) channeling spells witch can be interrupted
for example hero heals 100 hp every second along 5 seconds but if hero will move or cc'ed he will stop healing

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2021, 18:48:46 »
about 2)

What if you used the "Colossus" animation and added the hit callback point multiple times? Maybe every 12 frames. Then add that to the PC animation files and use the animation in your skill.

for example:

CallbackPoint
{
   name = "Hit"
   frame = 12
}
CallbackPoint
{
   name = "Hit"
   frame = 24
}
CallbackPoint
{
   name = "Hit"
   frame = 36
}

Haven't tried this, but it might work.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2021, 21:44:02 »
I'm glad to see a topic such as this, so i can share some of my frustrations with playing a pet build in TQ. I recently started a deathless attempt with a summon Druid, and while i find it very refreshing and fun to try new stuff in the game, rather than just sticking to what i'm used to, which is plain melee and ranged builds... i find the pet gameplay deeply flawed, and not because of the bad level scaling of the pets.

So here's the thing... enemies just ignore my pets and attack me all the time! I keep the pets at the aggressive setting at all times, yet still enemies jump on my a** and refuse to fight the wolves. Ok, if i use the "pet attack skill" and send the wolves to the enemies from a distance, it kinda works, but the wolves are too weak on their own, even when i'm fully equipped with pet gear and jewelry... so naturally i would send the wolves forward and the moment they engage the enemies, i would cast Plague and Squall to assist them. What do you think happens when i cast these spells? The enemies stop fighting the pets and start chasing me again - it drives me nuts! This is not how a summoner build should play - period!  >:(

How is it possible for a game that's been updated, patched and improved for 15 years to still f'up the summoner gameplay so terribly bad? Pet builds should play like this ---> your pets/minions charge forward and tank the enemies, while you sit in the back and cast pet buffs and enemy debuffs - that's the whole style, that's what makes these classes unique and different to your regular caster. Diablo 2 did this 100x times better, and i'm yet to test it GD, but from what i've seen so far in various videos, that game did a better job with it as well. In TQ i'm forced to run around like crazy and even tank and fight enemies myself with my weak staff with pet bonuses on it. It's not right dammit!  :D

Can i get all of you good people's opinions on this? I would really appreciate it. What is your approach to pet classes in TQ :)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2021, 21:52:05 by Zardoz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2021, 22:05:32 »
Yeah, it's one of the reasons I am making and have made a mod just for petmancers.

I guess it was a design decision at some point in the past, but the settings for pets to generate "anger" and draw monster attention are set below the level of the player. Core Dweller and Monster Lure get a radius skill that uses the "Taunt" setting to increase the monster anger generated toward them, but that's your only go to if you want a tank that draws enemies to them.

"Kiting" is the term we once used to talk about running around so that the pets could attack the monsters, it's definitely part of the base game I guess.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2021, 22:30:35 »
« Last Rated on: 30 May 2021, 22:49:51 »
Well, for a start it hasn't been updated, patched and improved for 15 years unless you count the fan patches that were made for the original disc version.  Iron Lore, who made TQIT for THQ, closed down in 2008 so nothing was done to the game except for said fan patches until Nordic Games bought the rights to the game in 2013.  They decided to make a 10th anniversary edition which released in 2016 with the inclusion of stuff from the fan patches and a few new monsters to fight.  Since then they've made 2 more expansions for the game and are just about to release controller support for PC users, but how much bug fixing went on as well only they know.  The team at Pieces Interactive who did the 2 expansions had to learn how the old TQ game engine works because none of them are from the original Iron Lore team. 

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2021, 22:40:38 »
« Last Rated on: 30 May 2021, 22:49:46 »
Valid statement Medea, I love so many of the new changes and fixes.

I think the critique was specifically referencing pet aggro and generally pet balance.

I think it is still too difficult to play as a pure petmancer even with all the changes. Just my opinion.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Zardoz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2021, 22:48:54 »
@MedeaFleecestealer , correct, but with the Anniversary Edition they also did a lot of rebalancing of skills, enemies, damage types and other stuff to improve the game, so one might think they would have seen the flaws in the summoner's gameplay after all. Unless they don't see a flaw in the fact that pets are invisible to the monster eye. Which will then bring the question, why? Have they sat down and played a pet build in epic and legendary, to see how terrible it is to have enemies refuse to fight the wolves and chase your glass cannon character instead?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2021, 06:30:27 »
That I can't answer since I don't know what they did for AE and the expansions.  I only really got into the new version with the Atlantis expansion which I helped to playtest.  Even so there are still a lot of bugs that have been reported that are yet to be fixed.  Hopefully that will happen, but we'll just have to wait and see what, if anything, THQN does with the franchise going forward. 

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal