Author Topic: How to make epic/legendary items enchantable?  (Read 11929 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Re: How to make epic/legendary items enchantable?
« Reply #15 on: 09 August 2020, 19:42:47 »
I did some changes, I basically made sure that the gameneigine files both have the same content, aka
the experience formula both ending in *350.

"build" it (which created he .arz file), then copied the whole mostrosity into the working folder.

mod is found under custom game, does it's usual bouncing.

but still no ingame change :-/

in general experience formula is the right plays if I wanna change how much exp I get for killing a monster, right?

yeah, I use steam.
at some time I bought the game somewhere and got a steam key for cheap.

Well, upload file and give me look on it again, if you sure what you changed both files. You can do it by self - run ARZ Explorer and check if your's .arz is correct.

This is right place for adjusting xp earned from monster kill. You also should notice what original formula self-balancing, depends a lot on difference between monster and pc level, and i'm should state, what lot of monsters has no assigned specific xp value (e.g. monsterExperience in formula is zero for regular mobs). So formula itself works in two ways, bit tricky, and as more you overlevel - less xp you earn (up to zero xp earn). So, for pure tests it sometimes more practical to adjust formula which would give constant value (and then you can be sure that you changes applied). :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #16 on: 09 August 2020, 20:12:16 »
I did some changes, I basically made sure that the gameneigine files both have the same content, aka
the experience formula both ending in *350.

"build" it (which created he .arz file), then copied the whole mostrosity into the working folder.

mod is found under custom game, does it's usual bouncing.

but still no ingame change :-/

in general experience formula is the right plays if I wanna change how much exp I get for killing a monster, right?

yeah, I use steam.
at some time I bought the game somewhere and got a steam key for cheap.

Well, upload file and give me look on it again, if you sure what you changed both files. You can do it by self - run ARZ Explorer and check if your's .arz is correct.

This is right place for adjusting xp earned from monster kill. You also should notice what original formula self-balancing, depends a lot on difference between monster and pc level, and i'm should state, what lot of monsters has no assigned specific xp value (e.g. monsterExperience in formula is zero for regular mobs). So formula itself works in two ways, bit tricky, and as more you overlevel - less xp you earn (up to zero xp earn). So, for pure tests it sometimes more practical to adjust formula which would give constant value (and then you can be sure that you changes applied). :)

it's funny that you got that idea too.

cause I jsut had a breakthroguh in a way.
since I literally struggle for like 4+ days already trying to change such a simple thing as exp, I now said "fuck it!" and downright put a constant value in there.

obviously not jsut 500000 or something cause that ain't an "expression".
but (monsterlevel-monsterlevel)+5000000 :-D

which does the same but is an expression (probably! :-D)

anyways, i did the stuff and tested it in game.

I got like half the exp bar full with 1 kill!

(was level 51, so to next level up was like 1-1.5 million exp needed)

so yeah, killed the same 10 or so enemies as usual, got to level 58 now.

but watching the numbers I also saw at least towards the end that doesnt exactly increase by 500k anymore (otherwise the last 5 digits of the current exp wouldnt change, right? yet they did).

so there must be some other stuff that tweaks the final exp given.

but given that this now works as is (made a copy elsewhere as backup cause working stuff is hard to get by!), we have a proof of concept.

exp wise, i could now probably up this to 500 million exp or something till I max out at level 75 or so.

but that wouldnt be fun.

I defeated typhon which was the source of my quest, like yesterday, by switching geas to a riciculously weak build (almost couldnt kill the cyclops at lower olymp)
but 50 resistance ion the important stuff 8fire even maxed with 100 resistance).

still was hard fought, 3 or 4 deaths needed and lots of circle running while my pets (lich king and the 6 minute cooldown pet) slowly killed him.

but now that i know that exp can be changed, i surely will try to change other stuff.

it's jsut said that there is nowhere like alist what all the names in the gameengine.dbr mean.

I mean, the experiencexchange was logical that it is how gained exp per kill is calculated.

but msot stuff has weird ans similar names, so knowing what is what would be nice :-)

Edit: oh, so the "mosnterlevel" attribute of certain normal mosnters is undefined and therefor used with value 0?

well that would explain some things and weird behaviors.
Why would anyone do that though? :O
« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 20:14:06 by bernd »

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 09 August 2020, 20:53:51 »
« Last Rated on: 09 August 2020, 21:09:45 »
obviously not jsut 500000 or something cause that ain't an "expression".
but (monsterlevel-monsterlevel)+5000000 :-D
which does the same but is an expression (probably! :-D)
Constant is also expression in any sense (constant expression). By some reason they name expressions as equations, but this is expressions, not equations. No matter. Some equations in game engine must be in parens (e.g. whole equation in parens), some expressions must be in specific pattern (experienceLevelEquation from playerlevels.dbr), some must not be wrapped in parens (i think they are in proxy equations, did not remember). However most of time they are normal expressions, and can be constants too. As i'm say somewhere - TQAE 2.7 and 2.8 wrote logs which may indicate this errors (when engine can't parse expression, it report). But in 2.9 i'm always see empty log. May be some key needed... may be they lost this or disable in their DX9/DX11 unified wrapper, i don't know. But this surely sucks!

I got like half the exp bar full with 1 kill!
(was level 51, so to next level up was like 1-1.5 million exp needed)
so yeah, killed the same 10 or so enemies as usual, got to level 58 now.
but watching the numbers I also saw at least towards the end that doesnt exactly increase by 500k anymore (otherwise the last 5 digits of the current exp wouldnt change, right? yet they did).
so there must be some other stuff that tweaks the final exp given.
but given that this now works as is (made a copy elsewhere as backup cause working stuff is hard to get by!), we have a proof of concept.
exp wise, i could now probably up this to 500 million exp or something till I max out at level 75 or so.
Surely, XP value should grow, and last five digits in this case, generally should not changed, unless you not receive XP from another sources, like quests. There is also exist characterIncreasedExperience - in playergamebalanceattributes.dbr which is described in templates as "Percent change to experience reward", and by default you get +12% experience in epic and +25% in legendary. Also equipment may adjust XP reward too if you wear any with that bonus. So, in the end you may end (what the wording!) when last digits no more to be same as come from equation. ADD: (As well some other hidden modifiers may exist, or hidden heuristic, but i'm just not know about, so can't add more on this.)

it's jsut said that there is nowhere like alist what all the names in the gameengine.dbr mean.
I mean, the experiencexchange was logical that it is how gained exp per kill is calculated.
but msot stuff has weird ans similar names, so knowing what is what would be nice :-)
Some small descriptions exist in templates. (I doesn't remember if Art Manager show them.) But they mostly not exist, and even when exist, they rarely explain something. For example: monsterLevelGapFixer,0;5;7, - it is described as "Index by difficulty 0 to 2 - adds to monster level", but how this level gap fixer work? Does it increase only monster level, how they limited? Does it scale monster attributes too? Or this is only adds to monster level without affecting anything...

So, yes, there is generally no comprehensive guide at all, especially in one place. In practice bundled templates even doesn't define all supported fields by game engine (for example there is 32 skill slots in skill tree in 2.9, but templates list only 25, and "surely" art manager drop off unknown fields.)

So, best what can be done is just google, sometimes it is profitable even google for grim dawn details (many things works very similarly, but many is not), and ask on forum from experienced modders, who already complete this modding quest lot of years ago.

Edit: oh, so the "mosnterlevel" attribute of certain normal mosnters is undefined and therefor used with value 0?

well that would explain some things and weird behaviors.
Why would anyone do that though? :O
I'm say not a monster level, but monsterExperience in original equation.

Code: [Select]
experienceEquation,((monsterLevel*15)+((monsterLevel-averagePlayerLevel)*(averagePlayerLevel/3.5)))*(1+(monsterExperience/100)),

Almost every monster creature defines "experiencePoints,0,". This points should be appear as monsterExperience in equation (i'm may mistake, i'm did not remember this detail). So, this value almost never used, but act as percentage modifier (in original expression) when defined.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2020, 21:00:08 by lixiss »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2020, 13:09:03 »
As I said before the exp problem was solved. I didnt really go any further yet with mod editing.

I went ahead and got myself tqdefiler so I can change most game save game data too.
like hp, points in dexterity, intelligence, etc., unused skill and stat points availlable, and more.

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2020, 18:37:23 »
« Last Rated on: 10 August 2020, 19:02:46 »
Well TQDefiler might not work that well these days.  You may be better trying to use GDDefiler instead, though that's not been updated in over a year.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-gd-defiler/28264

Just make sure to back up your characters before you try and change anything with either programme.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline bernd

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2020, 19:02:39 »
Well TQDefiler might not work that well these days.  You may be better trying to use GDDefiler instead, though that's not been updated in over a year.

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-gd-defiler/28264

Just make sure to back up your characters before you try and change anything with either programme.

well it did work for the things I tried with it so far:
found all my characters, both my 2 main game characters and the 2 dump characters that I have ready for nounce modding.

changed the main characters availlable skill points from 31 to 55 ( hadnt used them cause I got both masteries maxed and all the interesting summon skills, herbal remedy and such all maxed. playing bonecharmer but with staff by the way, so most of hunter mastery is very useless to me except the herbal remedy  :-))
also changed the dexterity to 30 points higher.

worked without any issues.

I beforehand had copied the whole save file folder elsewhere, so if stuff got to shi, i could delete the corrupted save and copy in my backed-up save file from elsewhere.

but so far it worked.

do you have any idea where my currently equipped and/or in my inventory positioned weapons, armor, accesories, etc. are located?

I might want to change my build to resistance based or something else at some point but i really hate the part where I jsut have to "Hope" that it at some point drops a half decent armor with some benefits already on it that doesnt have like only half my usual armor as a downside.
and at worst part is even a blue item, so cant even be enchanted.

basically I hate the whole RNG basedness of the equipment searching and charm and relic hunting, like even the completeness bonus on a charm is randomized.

and I aint gonna hunt for a certain charm many hours, jsut to hope that the 20th will have the completion bonus I want.

I also dont wanna do the cheater way and jsut change my dexterity or such to 2 million.

that would totally ruin the fun.

no, jsut simply give one my armor pieces, on top of its current abilites, a simple health regen +20 per second or such.

jsut so I cant be killed that easy again by a horde of mosters gangraping me from all directions :-)

any idea where the stuff in inventory is stored?

or can one only change generic weapons found "in the wild" and not, what I already have and have customzied?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2020, 19:45:24 »
For local saves they're in My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\SaveData

If you have TQVault then that's in My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest\TQVaultData

No idea if stuff if stored anywhere else.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 18 August 2020, 17:48:18 »

I'm publish initial release of library, in topic nearby, which i'm say before, however it is not documented yet, and i'm decided not rush for dbr right now. It can be used, but without docs i guess you need have some developer experience. Coding is time consuming, and documenting consume even more time. If you ready to code a bit in C# and you need only edit existing arz - then it capable to do this already. (My mine fear what it is not exactly tool for that: i want provide error prone way as much as possible, while current state allow hack everything, what is needed as part of technical tasks, like emergency exist. So i'm doesnt want propose use emergency exit instead of normal enter. But really, is depends on how many edits you want to do.)
« Last Edit: 18 August 2020, 17:52:29 by lixiss »

Rated 3 times
Good

Offline Ryksa

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 18 August 2020, 21:09:40 »
« Last Rated on: 03 August 2021, 00:24:15 »
It is quite easy. Very few know this, as the original poster deleted the post of his, but here it is!

Download the HxD software (Hex Editor) or any other capable of editing .dll files in a hexadecimal manner.

First make a backup of your Game.dll file located in Titan Quest installation (root) folder. Make sure you make a backup, because this file contains the mechanics and "rules" for the game and the following modification considered as cheating in multiplayer mode. Then open the original Game.dll file with the software and do a "Search" or "Find and Replace" menu for search of the following sequence:

83 F8 04 74 14 83 F8 03 74 0F

and change it to

83 F8 04 90 90 83 F8 03 90 90

There are a few of the above sequence, you have to change it all in order to enable socketing items which come from Expansion Sets (IT, RAG, A). Save the file and voilá. You do not have to start another new game, it is available at an instant.

Actually, I have a modded Game.dll file also, as I honestly say I have more fun with the game this way. But I only play singleplayer anyway. I can say with experience that the player does not become OP with this. Even so, you can remove sockets from items/keep items at the Enchanter for much more gold, making it really expensive to "desocket" a Unique item. Seems the devs implemented this feature, as all unique items have socket removal prices. So think about it twice, before socketing one. :)
« Last Edit: 19 August 2020, 09:24:00 by Ryksa »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Carl_Johnson

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #24 on: 03 August 2021, 02:24:33 »
search of the following sequence:

This line does not exist in Game.dll file.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline lixiss

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 03 August 2021, 13:10:27 »
search of the following sequence:

This line does not exist in Game.dll file.

This is for TQAE 2.9 (GoG) at hexadecimal file offset 0x1DE29E .

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Carl_Johnson

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #26 on: 03 August 2021, 16:50:29 »
All right. My fault. I forgot to click in search menu "hex value".

It works!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal